/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Help with circumcision in Portsmouth and surrounding areas please!

Sakkura
04-11-2017, 03:47 PM
Essalam Alaykum,

Can anyone please help us with information on where to perform circumcision on male infants in Portsmouth and the surrounding areas?

Thank you.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
04-11-2017, 06:42 PM
Wa alaykum salam,

Have you tried asking the GP?
My one came to my house to preform it.

Also, is it Portsmouth in the UK or America that you're talking about?

Sakkura
04-11-2017, 06:59 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Wa alaykum salam,

Have you tried asking the GP?
My one came to my house to preform it.

Also, is it Portsmouth in the UK or America that you're talking about?
Hello Zeal and thanks for your reply.

I phoned my surgery but they weren't really helpful as apparently they are not used to being asked about it.

Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK. In the US the procedure is so simple and routine I thought it'd be the same here.

Did your GP actually visit you at home and performed the procedure? How did you manage to do that? and was he Muslim? Can I know where was that (North, South East, etc. of the UK?)? The few health professionals I spoke with on the phone told me it wasn't done on the NHS when it's for religious reasons but to be honest they weren't really knowledgeable about the issue at all, as if it was the first time they were asked about it, hence my surprise.

Zeal
04-11-2017, 08:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakkura
Hello Zeal and thanks for your reply.

I phoned my surgery but they weren't really helpful as apparently they are not used to being asked about it.

Portsmouth, Hampshire, UK. In the US the procedure is so simple and routine I thought it'd be the same here.

Did your GP actually visit you at home and performed the procedure? How did you manage to do that? and was he Muslim? Can I know where was that (North, South East, etc. of the UK?)? The few health professionals I spoke with on the phone told me it wasn't done on the NHS when it's for religious reasons but to be honest they weren't really knowledgeable about the issue at all, as if it was the first time they were asked about it, hence my surprise.
Yep and he brought a nurse along with him. I live in London but this was quite a few years ago so I don't really remember the full details but the GP was Muslim. Maybe the policiies have changed

Try visiting your GP and see what he/she says and ask if they can recommend you a nearby place to preform the circumcision, if they cannot.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
respecta
04-12-2017, 08:09 AM
Check this link sister:

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/speci...in-portsmouth/

Southampton should definitely have it ! I guess just google it

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 10:33 AM
Essalam Alaykum,

Can anyone please help us with information on where to perform circumcision on male infants in Portsmouth and the surrounding areas?

Thank you.
Assalamu Alaikum sister
Is this situation resolved?

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 03:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Yep and he brought a nurse along with him. I live in London but this was quite a few years ago so I don't really remember the full details but the GP was Muslim. Maybe the policiies have changed

Try visiting your GP and see what he/she says and ask if they can recommend you a nearby place to preform the circumcision, if they cannot.
Thanks for your response. I wish I lived in London, but I think that things have changed. I am planning to visit the GP but I'm not really optimistic as I was told they won't be able to refer me. Let's wait and see.

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by respecta
Check this link sister:

http://www.thesouthafrican.com/speci...in-portsmouth/

Southampton should definitely have it ! I guess just google it
Thanks respecta, unfortunately both the link and telephone number don't work. I also phoned Southampton Hospital and was told they don't do it for religious reasons. I'm at a loss...

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 03:32 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Finding MEMO
Assalamu Alaikum sister
Is this situation resolved?
Wa3alaykum Essalam Finding MEMO,

Unfortunately not yet :(

aaj
04-12-2017, 03:53 PM
if they don't know what they are talking about then I would not go to them. You do not want complications by having it done by someone who is new to it. You can look for Jewish services and see if there are any in your area, some Muslims go to jewish doctors for it when they can't find alternative option. If nothing comes up then, personally, i would wait till someone qualified comes up later.

Not sure if you checked these ones out?

http://ruhinkarim6.wixsite.com/portsmouthcc
http://www.whatclinic.com/cosmetic-p...h/circumcision
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/portsmout...entre-b16a0599

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 04:03 PM
Wa3alaykum Essalam Finding MEMO,

Unfortunately not yet :(
I am asking a family of Muslim Dr's in Portsmouth, In Shaa Allah i may be able to get you some help.

Tawakkal-tu-’ala-Allah

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 04:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
if they don't know what they are talking about then I would not go to them. You do not want complications by having it done by someone who is new to it. You can look for Jewish services and see if there are any in your area, some Muslims go to jewish doctors for it when they can't find alternative option. If nothing comes up then, personally, i would wait till someone qualified comes up later.

Not sure if you checked these ones out?

http://ruhinkarim6.wixsite.com/portsmouthcc
http://www.whatclinic.com/cosmetic-p...h/circumcision
https://uk.linkedin.com/in/portsmout...entre-b16a0599
Thanks aaj... Dr Karim does no longer work in Portsmouth unfortunately; my husband phoned him and was told he is in London now. I will see the GP to see what they will advise. Regarding your suggestion about looking for Jewish doctors, it'll be the same as looking for Christian or Atheist, etc., doctors as they will all be working privately and I really don't want to go that route without a proper referral from a health professional, I don't want to take any risks.

aaj
04-12-2017, 05:01 PM
Thanks aaj... Dr Karim does no longer work in Portsmouth unfortunately; my husband phoned him and was told he is in London now. I will see the GP to see what they will advise. Regarding your suggestion about looking for Jewish doctors, it'll be the same as looking for Christian or Atheist, etc., doctors as they will all be working privately and I really don't want to go that route without a proper referral from a health professional, I don't want to take any risks.
I suggest jewish doctors because they too do it out of religious obligations and therefore have experience in the matter as opposed any other group. I think my uncle took his youngest son to a jewish doctor to get it done.

anyway, I hope something works out for you inshallah.

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 05:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by aaj
I suggest jewish doctors because they too do it out of religious obligations and therefore have experience in the matter as opposed any other group. I think my uncle took his youngest son to a jewish doctor to get it done.

anyway, I hope something works out for you inshallah.
Yes I understand. Insha'Allah, thank you brother.

Sakkura
04-12-2017, 08:36 PM
I am asking a family of Muslim Dr's in Portsmouth, In Shaa Allah i may be able to get you some help.

Tawakkal-tu-’ala-Allah

Oh thanks a lot sister, djazaki Allah khayran insha'Allah. Please let me know as soon as you have any information. :)

Finding MEMO
04-12-2017, 10:08 PM
Oh thanks a lot sister, djazaki Allah khayran insha'Allah. Please let me know as soon as you have any information. :)
In Shaa Allah will do asap.

Finding MEMO
04-13-2017, 06:15 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Ukhti

Apparently even people in Portsmouth unfortunately have to travel outside that area due to lack of resources.

I've been told Guildford has a few doctors who are helpful. That's what many Muslims in Portsmouth do.

Please google this area in the meantime, I will get back to you if I can locate a particular contact for you?

Sakkura
04-16-2017, 01:53 PM
السلام عليكم و رحمة الله و بركاته
Ukhti

Apparently even people in Portsmouth unfortunately have to travel outside that area due to lack of resources.

I've been told Guildford has a few doctors who are helpful. That's what many Muslims in Portsmouth do.

Please google this area in the meantime, I will get back to you if I can locate a particular contact for you?
و عليكم السلام و رحمة الله و بركاته أختي

Djazaki Allah khayran sis for the info. If Muslim doctors based in Portsmouth told you this it must be true and I will stop looking for a surgeon in Portsmouth. Insha'Allah we'll find what we're looking for elsewhere.

Thanks everyone for your help and input. Barak Allah Fikoum.

Salam

Finding MEMO
04-16-2017, 05:19 PM
Apologies Ukhti I couldn't be more helpful. In Shaa Allah you will find a way x

Sakkura
04-16-2017, 08:39 PM
Apologies Ukhti I couldn't be more helpful. In Shaa Allah you will find a way x

Oh please sis there's really nothing to apologise for and I thank you wholeheartedly for your help. :)

Salam

Finding MEMO
04-16-2017, 09:10 PM
Shukran Ukhti x

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.