/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Here, Thinking About Converting To Islam (Need Help)

Kshatriya
04-14-2017, 11:10 AM
hey there,

i am from North India, i am 19 and i belong to Kshatriya Caste.basically we are Aryan warrior Caste and our job is to Rule,Protect and fight wars.

i started to learning abput Islam when i was 13 and i must admit that i hated islam when i was young i used to think that Muslims are not good people (due to propaganda) and i also hated Muslims for some times. but after becoming an Teenager i started to learn about Islam and i started to slowly follow Islam, my current religion is Highly complicated Religion, it's mixture of Native Faith and Aryan Faith.

i dont like Idol worshiping, it just dont feel right. even according to oldest Hindu religious book Rig Veda, god is only one and we are not allowed to idol worship him. so naturally after learning that i also started to accept that there is only 1 supreme god and we should only worship him directly (not by pics,idols etc etc.) i am a history buff so i learned most of Islamic History mas well. (ottoman and Mughal are my Fave Empires in the world history.) I also watched tons of Islamic documentaries and short films on YouTube and after researching about Islam for almost 5 years now i am sure that that there is not god but Allah(supreme god) and Prophet Mohammed is the messenger of Allah. now i think i am ready to Accept Islam but i still have few Questions Regarding Islam and Islamic culture(way of life). please answers the following question if you have free time. your answers can really help me.

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.

and Mods please transfer this topic to sutible forum if i posted this in wrong section. Thanks :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
04-14-2017, 11:59 AM
Do a search for "quran english" and or "quran hindi" and "towards understanding islam", if you use a smart phone and have internet, search for it on playstore or appstore - it's free of charge.
Also search: five pillars of Islam,
The rest should be easy since your questions are the most basic despite the hours of documentaries you say you have watched.

Bobbyflay23
04-15-2017, 12:08 AM
One no you can't pray to the gods in the temple two you must pray 5 times a day it's a major sin not too no pressure tho your new and all that stuff so no ones gonna criticize you only allah if you do these things also no ones gonna cirtosize you and you can keep your name and fasting is required I know people so fat they can barley walk like over 300 pounds and they fast and on top of that they are really old like 80 years old I'm sure you fast u just need to get used to it if you miss a daily obligatory prayer then later on you need to fulfill it and your ancestors isn't gonna decide your fate weather your allready doomed to hell or not if you convert to Islam your aethnistiy doesn't matter your muslim

Search
04-15-2017, 01:45 AM
:bism: (In the Name of God, the Most Beneficent, the Most Merciful)
format_quote Originally Posted by Kshatriya
hey there,
Hello, brother Kshatriya. Let me welcome you to our humble abode here, IB. :)

I used to be an atheist but I am now a Muslim. So, I really understand your attraction to Islam.

1) can a Indian who's from Kshatriya caste convert to Islam ? i mean my ancestors as warriors and kings always fought against Islam.
Yes, anyone can convert to Islam, including anyone from the Kshatriya caste. What your ancestors did has no bearing or relevance to the present and future. You are an individual and a precious creation of Allah. Allah gave you and everyone free will to research and use your mind and heart and the primordial moral compass within your soul to search for Truth. Therefore, you are completely 100% welcome to accept Islam.

2) can i retain my Sanskrit based name After Accepting Islam?
Yes, you can retain your Sanskrit name but only if the meaning of the name has no (a) bad meanings, (b) is not a name of an idol or deity, (c) has no element of encouragement towards any type of wrongdoing behavior.

3) i can not pray 5 times per day because i have very busy lifestyle, 2-3 times a day is Acceptable ?
When you choose to convert to Islam, it will be already a slow-step journey for you to learn how to pray. Therefore, it is more important that you take baby steps than overwhelm yourself or go ahead of yourself and think of how you're going to slot in the 5 prayers in your schedule.

My humble advice is to not sweat the small stuff, have intentions to learn to pray, then make intentions as you progress to keeping 1 prayer, then 2 prayers once you're used to praying 1 prayer, then 3 prayers when you're used to praying 2 prayer, then 4 prayers when you're used to the 3 prayers, and then 5 prayers when you're used to praying the 4 prayers. Do this incrementally so that you're not overwhelmed.

If for any reason you're not able to make all prayers, ask Allah forgiveness and know that Allah is Extremely Forgiving, Extremely Merciful, and Extremely Loving; know that actions are by intention. And therefore, even if you are not able to make 5 prayers, having intention to make 5 prayers is enough in the eyes of Allah if you're striving because Allah looks at sincerity as to intention.

Also, please know that Islam is based on one very important principle: Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “I have been sent to perfect noble character” (Sunan Al-Bayhaqee: 21301). That literally means that you're going to have try your best and work towards developing the best of character and try to have the best of manners with every human being.

In Islam, there are rights that Allah has over a human being, and then rights that one human being has over another human being. Allah has said that Allah may choose to forgive whatever rights the human being was unable to complete because that is between a servant and Allah. But Allah has said that Allah will not forgive any human being for violating the right of another human being and so you must ensure that you're the best to your parents, your extended family, your neighbors, and your fellow human beings.

4) all people i know are Hindus and what should i do if i have to visit Temple ? am i allowed to pray to Gods/Idols after becoming a muslim ?
If you are invited to visit a temple, see if you can make a polite excuse like you don't feel like going today or you have studies or you're busy or another thing that will enable you to avoid going to the temple. However, if you're compelled to go by a parent or a relative, stay outside of the temple and politely wait outside. Always be kind and do not disrespect any person or religion.

Brother, can you place orange juice and milk in one container and still expect it to have the flavor of milk? In that same way, our hearts are designed to love one God, and by praying to other false gods, we would be diluting our faith and polluting our hearts of true iman (faith). And it is for this reason Allah has forbidden shirk (idolatry). So, yes, brother, please do not pray to any other idols, because as a Muslim, you will be accepting to not only believe or say from your mouth that God is One but you would have forsaken false deities of man-made imagination and instead come to true faith of Oneness.

5) will people who are Born Muslims will Accept me as a Muslim ?
On this board, there are a lot of converts. So, of course, Muslims are happy to accept you as a brother in faith. That said, please understand that like in any other ethnicity, creed, gender, religion, region, there are good Muslims and bad Muslims. If you see a Muslim who's not kind and not accepting of you, move on. And pray for Allah to give you sincere and good Muslim brothers to be your friends who will support you and be happy to share their family with you and invite you to festivities.

6) how can i Accept Islam ? whats the process of becoming a Sunni Muslim ? (i want to become a Sunni Muslim)
Brother, Allah knows your heart. The moment you believed that there is only one God, Allah, and Prophet Muhammad :saws: (peace and blessings be upon him) is the messenger of God, then in that moment you already became Muslim. Because Allah knows your heart. That said, usually, what happens it that converts go to the mosque and say the testimony of faith to be recognized by the Muslim community that they are Muslim.

7) now, i cant fast, i am a big guy but due to my eating habits and other limitations i fell sick and loose my weight rapidly if i fast even tho i Lift weight. so an i eat at month of Ramadan ?
Any person who has a valid excuse like being sick is deemed excused from fasting. If you have any medical or health reasons for which you cannot fast, then Allah knows and you'll be of those are excused. However, if you are only afraid of fasting or feeling a little concerned about fasting on account of potential lethargy, then you should strive to fast and place your trust in Allah that it will be okay to fast and then fast.

By the way, I lift weights and love gymming, but I still fast during Shahru Ramadan. What I try to do is then place my workout at night so that I can lift if I'm afraid of getting dizzy. However, to be honest, I have also lifted weights and been on the treadmill even when I was fasting, and while sometimes my ears feel plugged just like a swimmer's would if I do these exertions, I haven't noticed anything different. Remember our bodies which Allah has created is highly adaptable: it is just a matter of getting used to a workout or a specific situation and our body naturally responds.

I am really looking forward to becoming a Muslim. I am waiting for your answers and i will notify you guys about my decision in next few hours.
Well, then, we'll await InshaAllah (God-willing) your positive response as well, brother. And welcome to IB. If you have every any concerns or questions, don't hesitate to either write on the board or you can even feel free to PM me, and I'll InshaAllah (God-willing) help you in any capacity as your servant and sister in Islam.

Take care, brother; I honestly wish you the best in this journey. :)

Sincere Regards & Warm Welcome,

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
greenhill
04-15-2017, 04:53 AM
Welcome to the forum.

Please research to satisfy yourself.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

azc
04-15-2017, 12:15 PM
:sl:

All Your Qs have been answered quite comprehensively by other members.

I advise you to visit nearby mosque or any Islamic centre

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.