/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Killing insects in a expirement

Bobbyflay23
04-14-2017, 10:13 PM
The insects die instantly and technically they kill themselves because the insects like dirt and we put a light at the top and they dig down because they don't like light and at the bottom they fall down into a beaker full of a liquid that instantly kills them so would that be haram they killed themselves and on top of that it's instant and it's for class

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
ZeeshanParvez
04-15-2017, 01:40 AM
I don't know.

azc
04-15-2017, 01:41 AM
:sl:

why don't you see a scholar ?

*charisma*
04-15-2017, 03:01 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

In general, all forms of life, including insects, should not be killed unless absolutely necessary. When it comes to insects, if they are a nuisance, (eg. infestations), then they should be humanely taken care of if possible, and if that doesn't work then they can be killed by means of chemicals, zappers, etc. In Islam, we have to respect and take care of Allah's creations. I know you're doing it for a class, but we are still killing unnecessarily. Wa allahu a'lem.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Simple_Person
04-15-2017, 08:42 AM
You kill what doesn't obey you in leaving you alone or be harm to you. With this I remember the case with a snake. I believe something needs to be said thrice to the snake or a dua or something..so the snake leaves the house. If it doesn't leave the house you may kill it.

This I myself apply for example the same with flies and other insects. With mosquitoes
I zap them because they don't do as I wish them to do..which is leaving the house. Flies if they also do not get out i zap them. Case of spiders I NEVER kill those as I believe they are haram to kill just like the honeybee and abird or so.

Outside try to not harm them even if it is a mosquito that isn't bothering you. I have also just recently read in case of mice you may kill them as they are controlled by the whispering of sheytan. So always be good to creation as they each have their purpose in life.

Also remember a case with Ibrahim (as) I believe when a ant bit him also the case of Suleiman (as) when he approach the ants and the ants talking to each other that he was approaching and would kill them by stepping on them...

So always be merciful to other creation of Allah. We are NOT better than them unless in Allah's eyes we are better and the one who is better is the one who is merciful to other living creatures.

Scimitar
04-15-2017, 03:39 PM
You can't kill any animal unless it is for the following three reasons.

1) it threatens your life.
2) for food.
3) to stop it from sufferring an agonizing death.

Scimi

noraina
04-15-2017, 07:52 PM
Assalamu alaykum,

I would steer clear of that. In Islam everything living organism is a creation of Allah swt, and we should respect each and every life, even if, and especially as, we have been given 'stewardship' of this earth as mankind.

So if you are not in any of the three situations brother Scimi has described above, you shouldn't kill any creature unnecessarily, or cause it pain. However small it may be, it is a life, and we should appreciate and admire that.

And Allah swt knows best.

btw, I don't think killing insects by drowning them in certain liquids is particularly essential to any subject.

Bobbyflay23
04-15-2017, 07:57 PM
Ok well i never grabbed the dirt my partner did it but the chemical underneath the dirt I moved a bit because it was postined in correctly my plan was to not touch the expirment and just right down data but I had completely forgot but all I did was moved the beaker full of chemical to kill the insect

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.