/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New Muslim, need advice.

EnglishGuy
04-15-2017, 11:19 AM
Salam...

Hi there, and thanks for any advice that is given.

I have not said my Shadaha yet, but have said it to myself many times. I read the Qu'ran daily and read intensely - Hadith, YouTube and much much more. Prophet Muhammed (PBUP) is my idol and I read about this great man all the time.

My problem: I am a Muslim, but I don't mix with Muslims, I don't speak to other Muslims and I have not told anyone of my converting/reverting. I sent my local Masjid an email explaining I am a new Muslim, but I have had no reply. It's disheartening. :(

I need some guidance, but I have none. I am hoping Allah (S. W. T.) will guide me, Insha Allah.

Any advice or recognition would be helpful, thank you...

Peace Be Upon You.

G,

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
EnglishGuy
04-15-2017, 11:22 AM
As-salāmu ʿalaykum

talibilm
04-15-2017, 11:34 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by EnglishGuy
As-salāmu ʿalaykum
Walaikum Salam wrwb

Welcome to the family of Islam, Brother

When Allah wants to do a favour to someone he gives him the understanding of the religion , says a hadiths.

talibilm
04-15-2017, 11:40 AM
please read this

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...d-informations post 6

READ SHAHADA OR DECLARATION OF FAITH
You should never wait to take Shahada because any moment death can come to any Human being so dieing without Imaan will be the Biggest loss any Human being can suffer Because deing in the state of not accepting the TRUTH (Know your Creator, your sustainer,) for which we were created leads To Unforgivable BIGGEST SIN to the Hell.

Shahada really does not need any ceremony or rites like baptising ,see Islam is so simple, Its Just between You and your Creator, The most loving he listens even to the prayers of an tiny ant in its heart. After reading it ASAP then when you get chance you can read in Muslim Public later Inshallah (god willing)

So Just read straight away Please,'' Ash hadhu anlaa ilaaha il Allah , I bear witness There's NONE worthy to be worshipped Except Allah (the Only One) and Ash hadhu anna Muhammad wa abdhuhu wa Rasooluhu , and I bear witness Muhammad (may peace be upon him) is his Slave and Messenger of Allah ''

For Christians its better to add Isaa Or Jesus(peace be upon him) is Allah's slave and his messenger of Allah.

RECITE LIKE THIS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HGOLTo27KHU

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
eesa the kiwi
04-16-2017, 01:48 AM
Welcome bro

I used this site when I was new to Islam, take advantage of their live chat q&a alhamdulilah it's quite helpful if you need advice www.islamreligion.com

anatolian
04-16-2017, 08:25 AM
Salam brother. If you said shahadah to yourself you have said it since Allah sees you. Welcome to Islam. My simple asvice is not to be disheartened by people. I am sure it is because of their neglectfullness they did not turn back to you.

Sho Islam
04-16-2017, 12:50 PM
Asalamu alaikum brother

A great welcome to the light of Islam, it may be a good idea if you give us a rough idea of your location i.e. country and city (of course not full address!).

That way many of the Muslims on this forum like myself can recommend mosques/muslim organisations in your locality that can help you settling into Islam. This will be a great opportunity to meet Muslims and gain new friends inshallah.

If you are uncomfortable in doing this, private message me and I will do my best to point you to the direction of relevant Islamic bodies that can help you in your locality.

May Allah make your transition to Islam easy brother and don't forget forums like this are a great place for you to ask your questions too.

Muhammad
04-16-2017, 01:07 PM
wa alaykum assalam brother,

All praise is for Allaah :swt: Who has guided you to this noble religion, Alhamdulillah.

It is useful to get to know some Muslims so you have some support and guidance to hand. Perhaps it is better to visit your local Masjid and speak to someone in person, because it may be that they rarely receive emails and are usually contacted differently. You will find that some Masjids may have more facilities and activities than others, depending on their location, size etc.

Whilst the internet contains a lot of useful material, it can also be the cause of much confusion. That is why it is better to learn from a teacher in a structured way.

If you have any particular questions we will do our best to help or point you in the right direction In-sha-Allah. May Allah :swt: guide you and make it easy for you, Aameen.

EnglishGuy
04-16-2017, 01:18 PM
Salam to all.

My Arabic is not so good yet, but I am learning, Insha Allah.

I live in Ashford, Kent, UK. There is a small Masjid here, but in someone's house it looks like? I have gone to look. They have a w/site and are building a new Masjid, but maybe an extension to the house? There are amp's that show you all the Masjid's around the world, pretty impressive! Also, there are many respectable app's that are very very good! Some read out the Qu'ran which I quiet like. There are many many others... To many to mention. Some are impressive.

I work in London, so have access to many Masjid's but I would like to start in a small way and learn more Arabic first and the correct t way to Duo/pray.

I am taking my time, and when the time is right I think I will go to a Mosque in London to help me.

Yes, I need a Scholar to help me I think?

Thank you all my new found friends, and those especially that have taken the time and effort to write to me giving me advice.

EnglishGuy
04-16-2017, 01:29 PM
assalamualaikum

Sho Islam
04-16-2017, 05:06 PM
Walaikum Salam brother

London is actually a brilliant place to get to know Muslims and also to learn more about Islam. There are many Muslim reverts too!

I work here too so I know it well.

Two places I recommend are the following:

1. London Central Mosque

The link below will give there contact details and address:

http://www.iccuk.org/page.php?sectio...age=conversion

2. East London Mosque

http://www.eastlondonmosque.org.uk/c...eneral-enquiry

Both mosques are probably the largest in London and quite possibly in the UK and have been known to help new Muslims like yourself.

I hope you find the information helpful.

May Allah keep us all strong in deen. Ameen

azc
04-16-2017, 06:23 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by EnglishGuy
Salam... Hi there, and thanks for any advice that is given. I have not said my Shadaha yet, but have said it to myself many times. I read the Qu'ran daily and read intensely - Hadith, YouTube and much much more. Prophet Muhammed (PBUP) is my idol and I read about this great man all the time. My problem: I am a Muslim, but I don't mix with Muslims, I don't speak to other Muslims and I have not told anyone of my converting/reverting. I sent my local Masjid an email explaining I am a new Muslim, but I have had no reply. It's disheartening. :(I need some guidance, but I have none. I am hoping Allah (S. W. T.) will guide me, Insha Allah. Any advice or recognition would be helpful, thank you... Peace Be Upon You. G,
:sl: very glad to know of you. Go to local Masjid

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.