/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Reflections on Hazrat's recent Umrah trip

Islaahi Advices
04-15-2017, 02:50 PM

Hazrat Ml. Dawood Seedat (DB) went for Umrah and returned a few days ago. On 10/4/2017 in his dhikr majlis, Hazrat shared His reflections on the journey and lessons that we can all benefit from. Below, is a written summary of that majlis, taken from www.islaahiadvices.com)

Hazrat Ml. Yunus Patel رحمة الله عليه would say that if you go to Niagara falls with a bucket, you can collect plenty of water within seconds. However, your bucket will never fill if you were to hold it upside down, even if you stood there for years. Haramain Shareefain has so much anwaraat, Islam spread from these places. The seeds of deen were planted in Makkah Mukarramah, watered with blood and sacrificed, but the flowers bloomed in Madinah Munawwarah. The fragrance of these flowers were so strong, it reached the four corners of the world. Now, if Allah allows us to visit the source of the fragrance of Islam and it does not permeate and change our hearts, then we must really question, what is wrong with us? This fragrance is so strong it has changed the world, why then are we not impacted?

We intended having some programmes in Madina Munawarrah but when we arrived the hotel was full, and none of the people who I travelled with had an apartment to accommodate. In the midst of this dilemma, we left to visit the haram and I came across a brother there who was from South Africa too.
I did not recognise him but he approached me and reminded me how we met years ago. Then he told me that he had an apartment with big rooms and he would be happy for us to conduct our programmes there. He gave us exactly what we needed. SubhanAllah…do you see how if you make a small effort, Allah will open the doors for you? He will create the means for you, we just have to try and put our trust in Him.

We have it so easy compared to those that came before us. For example, yesterday we left Madina Munawwarah and after some delays, we reached home around 24 hours later. We felt tired but it made me wonder how kind Allah is. We left yesterday and we returned home today. In the prophetic era, they travelled for months on camels with little food. Our akaabireen would travel on donkey or by ship for many weeks before reaching their destination. Travel was not easy, you can read these stories in ‘Aap Beti’. They had to make such great sacrifices but for us, we have it easy. We must thank Allah for this.

Whilst we were there, in the programmes in Madinah Munawwarah one of the points we mentioned was about taking gifts home. Most parents that come here desire to take gifts back home for their children. We tend to buy scarves, toys, gadgets or other items for them. But the speciality of the holy lands is that it caused Imaan, deen and the Sunnah to spread across the world, therefore, these are the greatest gifts we can bring back for our children. We visited haramain shareefain to change, so bring this change home. Constantly ask yourself that am I improving in deen? Am I bringing new Sunnahs into my life? Out of love many people focus on the structures and buildings there, but these big mimbars were not present during the prophetic era. The Sahaaba (RA) did not see them yet their hearts were filled with love for deen because their focus was on Allah and His rasool, not the buildings and their structures. Nowadays people say they are ‘die-hard’ Manchester United fans, but as believers our concern must be: are we die-hard followers and lovers of Nabi ﷺ?

If we are, then everything in Madina Munawarrah will become beloved to us. Before leaving Madina Munawwarah Hazrat رحمة الله عليه would always say: O land of Madina Munawarrah! If only I could put you in my eyes. You are a Jannat of Nabi ﷺ. May Allah bless us and make us amongst those who love and follow Him.
In our hotel we met a brother from Paris. He was a young man who told us that his heart feels very heavy leaving such a beautiful place. Speaking to him made me think that in life, there are many types of sugars that one can consume but until you do not mix it with something, you cannot enjoy its sweetness. Likewise, the love of Nabi ﷺ has to be mixed in our lives and shown in our actions. Then, its sweetness will enter our hearts in the right proportion. But if we do not follow the Sunnah and just claim to be lovers, we will eventually fall into bidat.

Therefore, this love may be sweet but it will become detrimental for our spiritual health, just like a teaspoon of sugar may be sweet but it is detrimental for your physical health, because it is an overload of sweetness. Like this young man naturally, we will all leave with a heavy heart but we must remember to direct our love towards following the beloved. Don’t just accumulate the sugar by listening to dhikr and poetry and desiring to enter into a state of ecstasy or kafiyyat. That is not the goal, the goal is to follow the practical lessons, to mix it in our lives and the result will be adhering more to the Sunnah.

Another great lesson we learnt there is that a believer must have himmat. He must muster the courage and will power to change and then Allah will grant him the ability to do so. Umrah can be challenging but like everything in life, the determined ones will find a way to overcome it, the rest will find an excuse to avoid it.

May Allah grant us the tawfiq to follow the Sunnah and to implement these lessons, Aameen.

— Hazrat Ml. Dawood Seedat حفظه الله

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Abz2000
04-15-2017, 04:39 PM
JazakAllah for the reminder about striving to live in truth and justice in obedience to Allah,

Just one thing that bothers me a bit, the word "hadhrat" means "present", which can be used in respect when introducing a dignified person who is present, this appears to have been used so much as a sign of respect that people appear to have mistakenly added it to the name of Muhammad :saws: out of respect - however, he was human and isn't present and we need to clarify that in case people fall into shirk with Allah.

Scimitar
04-15-2017, 04:48 PM
There's the Hazir and Nazir lot bro, that's who makes all this hadhrat prefixes over dead saints etc.

Issue i've found is that it's usually Indian and Pakistani folk who only go to masjids on fridays who repeat this hazir nazir nonsense.

They haven't even established their salaat regularly and they speak in ignorance about matters even the scholars shy away from, it's insanity bro

Scimi

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.