/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What if someone owes to pay someone his fees (a tutor)?

Hurmat Ayub
04-15-2017, 05:54 PM
I have friend who teaches, lately, his student's parent is procrastinating in paying his fees, of great worth, since one year. The parent is delaying bu giving lame excuses, while on the other hand the parent is still pursuing going to get togethers instead of paying the money. The teacher himself is in real need, he is an orphan plus he is the only one earning fir himself. He is rrally struggling in his life, and this parent is makinh it even more worst.
Could anyone please tell me if this is a sin, that parent is doing and please quote me verses of Qur'aan or hadith to justify my point. jazakALLAH

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
MuslimInshallah
04-16-2017, 12:20 AM
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I hope the following may be of help:

Islamic Labor Rights Related to Compensation

In Islam, appropriate compensation must be given to the work done. Abu Sa‘eed Al-Khudri narrated that the Prophet (PBUH), said: Whoever employs someone to work for him, he must specify for him his wage in advance. [‘Abdur-Razzaaq]

It is very un-Islamic for a person to work another human being and at the end pay him little or no wage. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) warned in a Hadith Qudsi in which Allah Almighty said: ‘I will be an opponent to three types of people on the Day of Resurrection: one who makes a covenant in My name but proves treacherous; one who sells a free person and eats his price; andone who employs a worker and takes full work from him but does not pay him for his labor'” (Al-Bukhari).

Stories can fill volumes how immigrant workers are being exploited by rich nations and multi-billion dollar companies across the globe. In some countries workers are not even given their wages for months while the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) warned:

“You should pay the laborer his wages before his sweat dries” (Sunan Ibn Mâjah(2443)). This hadith is quite clear and self-explanatory; workers are to be paid on time. If a person is hired to do a job, he should be paid immediately. However, if there is a contractual agreement that wages are to be paid weekly or monthly, then this is what must be done. The Prophet of Islam (PBUH) said: “The procrastination of the rich is [a form of] oppression.” He (PBUH) also said: “Whoever oppressed another for a hand span measure of land will have a collar of seven lands placed around his neck on the Day of Judgment.”

There should also be an agreement of what the compensation would be and both sides must fulfill their portion of the contract. We must keep in mind that just because a worker agrees to be paid $0.10 cents an hour for a job does not mean that an agreement has been reached. Rather, this is gross exploitation and often a result of poverty where people have no choice but to work under tremendous strain to put a morsel of food on the table for their families, while those who exploit them rake in billions of dollars in their coffers. In Islam, justice and fair dealing are to be upheld at all times and places.

Allah says in the Qur’an as translated: “Fulfill the measure and weight and do not deprive people of their due and cause not corruption upon the earth after its reformation.” (Al-A`raf 7:85)

Excerpted from: http://icnacsj.org/2014/05/labor-rig...l-rahman-khan/

Hurmat Ayub
04-16-2017, 08:26 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by MuslimInshallah
Assalaamu alaikum,

(smile) I hope the following may be of help:

Islamic Labor Rights Related to Compensation

In Islam, appropriate compensation must be given to the work done. Abu Sa‘eed Al-Khudri narrated that the Prophet (PBUH), said: Whoever employs someone to work for him, he must specify for him his wage in advance. [‘Abdur-Razzaaq]

It is very un-Islamic for a person to work another human being and at the end pay him little or no wage. Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) warned in a Hadith Qudsi in which Allah Almighty said: ‘I will be an opponent to three types of people on the Day of Resurrection: one who makes a covenant in My name but proves treacherous; one who sells a free person and eats his price; andone who employs a worker and takes full work from him but does not pay him for his labor'” (Al-Bukhari).

Stories can fill volumes how immigrant workers are being exploited by rich nations and multi-billion dollar companies across the globe. In some countries workers are not even given their wages for months while the Prophet Muhammad (PBUH) warned:

“You should pay the laborer his wages before his sweat dries” (Sunan Ibn Mâjah(2443)). This hadith is quite clear and self-explanatory; workers are to be paid on time. If a person is hired to do a job, he should be paid immediately. However, if there is a contractual agreement that wages are to be paid weekly or monthly, then this is what must be done. The Prophet of Islam (PBUH) said: “The procrastination of the rich is [a form of] oppression.” He (PBUH) also said: “Whoever oppressed another for a hand span measure of land will have a collar of seven lands placed around his neck on the Day of Judgment.”

There should also be an agreement of what the compensation would be and both sides must fulfill their portion of the contract. We must keep in mind that just because a worker agrees to be paid $0.10 cents an hour for a job does not mean that an agreement has been reached. Rather, this is gross exploitation and often a result of poverty where people have no choice but to work under tremendous strain to put a morsel of food on the table for their families, while those who exploit them rake in billions of dollars in their coffers. In Islam, justice and fair dealing are to be upheld at all times and places.

Allah says in the Qur’an as translated: “Fulfill the measure and weight and do not deprive people of their due and cause not corruption upon the earth after its reformation.” (Al-A`raf 7:85)

Excerpted from: http://icnacsj.org/2014/05/labor-rig...l-rahman-khan/
Thank you so much :)

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.