/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can I pray without wudhu?

Serinity
04-16-2017, 10:43 AM
:salam:

Can I? If it is out of necessity? Because my skin condition won't improve if I keep putting water on it.

Allahu alam.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-16-2017, 11:01 AM
Yes you can.

https://islamqa.info/en/5430

Serinity
04-16-2017, 11:07 AM
Thing is I can purify myself, but that might hinder or maybe worsen my skin condition.

So I can? I think so.

Allahu alam.

Serinity
04-16-2017, 09:22 PM

When I wake up for Fajr, there is this hadith where it is narrated that the Prophet Muhammad :saw: says that the shaytaan ties 3 knots.

How am I going to untie the knot without wudhu? Can I just make dua to Allah :swt: to do that?

Allahu alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm♥Layth
04-16-2017, 10:29 PM
What's the skin condition you have?

Butterfly
04-16-2017, 11:18 PM
Wa alaikum as-Salaam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh,

There is a method of purifying using dust called Tayammum.

Hamza Asadullah
04-18-2017, 12:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

Can I? If it is out of necessity? Because my skin condition won't improve if I keep putting water on it.

Allahu alam.
Asalaamu Alaikum,

Someone had a skin condition called excema and asked for scholarly advice and the following was the advice that was given which will also apply to you having a skin condition making Wudu difficult:

Eczema is a painful skin aliment and alhamdulillah there are options for treatments so I would urge you to seek multiple opinions for how best to treat it.

In terms of wudu, the Shariah makes a distinction between slight and undue/excessive difficulty. A slight difficulty is what is bearable on average in a similar situation and is a natural part of taklif (being made responsible to Allah). An undue difficulty is that which is NOT bearable on average. In cases of undue difficulty the Shariah rulings expand to give options such that the difficulty is repealed and the person finds ease in carrying out their responsibilities.

Go through the following questions/steps to determine how you should make your wudu.

1. Can I wash the limbs in wudu without harming myself or making my illness worse or more prolonged? If yes, then make wudu normally. If no, go to next option.

2. If I wipe with a damp hand the areas affected, can I wash the rest of the limbs of wudu without hardship or harm? If yes, the wash what you can and wipe with a damp hand affected areas. If no, then go on.

3. If I cannot even wipe the affected areas but can wash other limbs, then do that. Meaning, wash the areas you can and leave alone those that are harmed by water. If this is not possible, then go on.

4. If I cannot wash/wipe any of the limbs of wudu, then you will make tayammum.

If you are doing any of the options 2-4, you can continue to do so until you condition clears up such that you are able to do option 1.

Finally, remember Allah Most High states, “Allah desires ease for you, and desires not hardship for you” (2:185) and “Allah will grant, after hardship, ease (65:7) “And, behold, with every hardship comes ease; verily, with every hardship comes ease!” (94:5-6)

And The Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace) said,

‘Verily the religion is ease, and none shall make the religion hard except that it will defeat him. So be moderate, do as best you can, be of good cheer, and seek help in the mornings, the afternoons and something of the night.’ (Bukhari, 1.16:39)

May Allah ease your difficulties, grant you a full and swift recovery and increase you in all that is good.

Source: http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/43728

Serinity
04-20-2017, 09:31 PM

I will try and do wudhu and avoid harm as much as possible.

That ayah you quoted fills me with so much hope and love. My doctor said to not wash excessively (so for wudhu I won't rub my hands but let water pass through)

Hmm, after doing wudhu again, my right hand became irritated / itchy again.. So I think I am at stage 2?? What do you mean by damp hands over affected area?

Basically my hands are dry. and too dry they become itchy. water seems to, afaik, worsen / inhibit.

I wish I could minimise my wudhu's to 2-3 times a day. 1 for Fajr, 1 for Dhuhr and Asr, and 1 for Maghrib and Isha...

azc
04-21-2017, 06:53 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam: I will try and do wudhu and avoid harm as much as possible. That ayah you quoted fills me with so much hope and love. My doctor said to not wash excessively (so for wudhu I won't rub my hands but let water pass through) Hmm, after doing wudhu again, my right hand became irritated / itchy again.. So I think I am at stage 2?? What do you mean by damp hands over affected area? Basically my hands are dry. and too dry they become itchy. water seems to, afaik, worsen / inhibit. I wish I could minimise my wudhu's to 2-3 times a day. 1 for Fajr, 1 for Dhuhr and Asr, and 1 for Maghrib and Isha...
why you are not doing tayammum when water is harmful for you. Shariah has given us alternative.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.