/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What would you do ?

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 03:03 PM
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters !

I want to know how would you help an illiterate mother to memorize Qur'an . I ask this question because I've tried to teach her like small surahs but it's so so difficult for her to memorize .

What would you help your mom to memorize Qur'an if she's illiterate ?

I appretiate all your help , alhamdulillah .
May Allah make easy for our ummah to memorize Qur'an Amiin ya rab!

Wa alaikum assalam !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
04-17-2017, 04:58 PM
Wa alaykum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh,

Try using your phone or an mp3 to play the short surahs over and over, by a good recitor so she can follow through, in her own spare time.

It would still mean alot if you carry teaching her, regularly. But this can aid her, when you're not there.

Also, you can teach the meaning of the ayats, so she's more motivatedto read.

Zeal
04-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Allahumma barik, this makes me think about my relationship with my parents too

May Allah grant them jannahtul firdaus

azc
04-17-2017, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Assalamu Alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu brothers and sisters ! I want to know how would you help an illiterate mother to memorize Qur'an . I ask this question because I've tried to teach her like small surahs but it's so so difficult for her to memorize . What would you help your mom to memorize Qur'an if she's illiterate ? I appretiate all your help , alhamdulillah . May Allah make easy for our ummah to memorize Qur'an Amiin ya rab! Wa alaikum assalam !
either her memory isn't strong enough or she doesn't take interest in memorizing. Anyways, give her one or two ayat at a time and ask her to repeat it again and again ,moreover, after quick intervals keep on asking her and don't forgetto ask her before she goes to bed

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Umm Malik
04-17-2017, 05:25 PM
Teach her one verse every day and let her listen the whole surah by a good recitor as alhosari because he recite slowly and you can choose another or if you know another
I hole it help
May Allah reward you sister and put happiness in your life
Jazaki lahu khayran

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 06:47 PM
Yes . The problem she has is her memory . She doesn't remember well and this is because she hasn't been in school when she was young .
She knows al fatiha and surah al ikhlas ( but this one she sometimes makes mistakes ) and surah nas

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 06:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
Teach her one verse every day and let her listen the whole surah by a good recitor as alhosari because he recite slowly and you can choose another or if you know another
I hole it help
May Allah reward you sister and put happiness in your life
Jazaki lahu khayran
Jazaki Allahu Khairan ukhty .
Amiin ya rab and to you too . [emoji4]

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 06:50 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by azc
either her memory isn't strong enough or she doesn't take interest in memorizing. Anyways, give her one or two ayat at a time and ask her to repeat it again and again ,moreover, after quick intervals keep on asking her and don't forgetto ask her before she goes to bed
Jazaka allahu Khairan kathiran !!

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 06:51 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal

Try using your phone or an mp3 to play the short surahs over and over, by a good recitor so she can follow through, in her own spare time.

It would still mean alot if you carry teaching her, regularly. But this can aid her, when you're not there.

Jazaka allahu Khairan kathiran !
Sometimes I give her my phone to listen to some surah alhamdulillah .

Muslimah inshal
04-17-2017, 06:52 PM
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan all of you for your help .
Good tips alhamdulillah . I do appreciate them all

FinalNyc
07-27-2017, 10:55 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal

Great advice.

Bhabha
07-27-2017, 05:00 PM
Is she too old to be taught how to read?

Arfa
07-31-2017, 06:04 PM
Lovely Masha Allah! I have an illiterate maid who I taught few Qalmas. I just broke down the haroof into alphabets to make it easier for someone who can't read Arabic. You can also buy those Haroof books which teach Arabic alphabets separately in order to comprehend Quran later on. Or you can just watch YouTube videos if they teach Quran :)

Abz2000
07-31-2017, 06:57 PM
Do you mean the Qaeda manual :)

Arfa
08-01-2017, 01:33 PM
:) yes...in urdu it's called norani Qaida aswell.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
British Wholesales - Certified Wholesale Linen & Towels | Holiday in the Maldives

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!