/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Friend In Oxon - Islam To Atheism

hisnameiszzz
04-17-2017, 08:23 PM
Hi all,

I'm not really sure there is anything I can do but here goes.

A friend of mine converted from atheism to Islam about 15 years ago. I helped him as I was really into Islam back then. He had a lot of Muslim friends because he lived in London at that point and he converted, changed his name and became a practicing Muslim. Most of his family and work friends mocked him but he remained true to his faith and carried on regardless. He fasted every year and prayed the Holy Book in English and even went to Turkey and various other Islamic countries because he was genuinely interested in it.

We are not exactly best friends so communicate once every few months, a few texts here and there.

I contacted him this weekend and asked how he was and was quite surprised to hear that he is thinking about leaving Islam. He has handed away all his Islamic clothes to charity shops and all his Islamic literature too. He is adamant he is going back to atheism. I don't know all the ins and outs but he seems really unhappy. I tried to call him but he wouldn't pick up. He said converting to Islam was the biggest mistake of his life :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Does anyone know of anyone in Oxon or any Islamic support groups that might be able to speak to him? He seemed quite final in his decision so I don't know whether anyone might be able to talk sense to him but there is no harm in trying is there? He is converting back and he even said he is changing his name again!!!

I think Oxon is somewhere near Oxford and Cambridge but I could be wrong.

Like I said, he seemed quite final in his decision so I don't know whether he will speak to anyone.....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
04-17-2017, 09:31 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

Sorry to hear about your friend. Maybe you can keep trying to contact him and see why he decided to change his mind? It seems as if he was frustrated with something...allahu a'lem. Sometimes people get really frustrated and take their anger out on their faith when things aren't going their way. May Allah guide him ameen.

How about you bro? How have you been??

MuhammadHamza1
05-25-2017, 04:48 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by hisnameiszzz
Hi all,

I'm not really sure there is anything I can do but here goes.

A friend of mine converted from atheism to Islam about 15 years ago. I helped him as I was really into Islam back then. He had a lot of Muslim friends because he lived in London at that point and he converted, changed his name and became a practicing Muslim. Most of his family and work friends mocked him but he remained true to his faith and carried on regardless. He fasted every year and prayed the Holy Book in English and even went to Turkey and various other Islamic countries because he was genuinely interested in it.

We are not exactly best friends so communicate once every few months, a few texts here and there.

I contacted him this weekend and asked how he was and was quite surprised to hear that he is thinking about leaving Islam. He has handed away all his Islamic clothes to charity shops and all his Islamic literature too. He is adamant he is going back to atheism. I don't know all the ins and outs but he seems really unhappy. I tried to call him but he wouldn't pick up. He said converting to Islam was the biggest mistake of his life :nervous::nervous::nervous:

Does anyone know of anyone in Oxon or any Islamic support groups that might be able to speak to him? He seemed quite final in his decision so I don't know whether anyone might be able to talk sense to him but there is no harm in trying is there? He is converting back and he even said he is changing his name again!!!

I think Oxon is somewhere near Oxford and Cambridge but I could be wrong.

Like I said, he seemed quite final in his decision so I don't know whether he will speak to anyone.....
If you sincerely want to help him,
Plz ask him to debate with me on this forum.
I am present.Plz do.

M.I.A.
05-25-2017, 05:10 PM
His personal experience is his own.

The relationships he has developed are his own.

His knowledge is his own.

..only in his explanation of why he feels like leaving islam can any real observations be made.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Serinity
05-25-2017, 05:15 PM
:salam:

Tell him that Allah :swt: tests the one's Allah :swt: loves the most.

Have him read up on The Prophets :as: , they were from amongst the best of creation, and they were the ones most tested.

This deen (Islam) is about Submission.
Allahu alam.

MuhammadHamza1
05-25-2017, 05:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by M.I.A.
His personal experience is his own.

The relationships he has developed are his own.

His knowledge is his own.

..only in his explanation of why he feels like leaving islam can any real observations be made.
Then ask him to tell you the reason he is leaving.
Then mention them to me.
I will explain and mention them to him.
Plz do all your best to save a brother from jumping into fire.

AbdurRahman.
05-25-2017, 06:27 PM
do you have his email adress?; he doesn't want to talk to you on phone so try contact him on email or by text; tell him to tell you why he thinks what he thinks now; tell him as a friend he owes you an answer; try to make him feel guilty into giving you an answer :Emoji51:, and then answer his confusions/misunderstandings ...

M.I.A.
05-25-2017, 07:07 PM
Guilt is not any sort of firm foundation..imo..

Maybe you should try fear.

Although that is the talk of tyrants.

azc
05-25-2017, 07:29 PM
Sad to know . Plz keep on trying to contact him

AbdurRahman.
05-25-2017, 07:48 PM
bro, send him a text and tell him just to honor your friendship with him by coming to this site to debate with us!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.