/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will me owning a Dog take me to hell?

Sarahx
04-19-2017, 04:25 PM
I own a dog, He doesn't live inside my house though, He lives outside on my screened porch...He's a German Shepherd dog. I'm 15 and still young and I wanted a dog to take care of, because taking care of animals are a good thing, and my mom let me get one, she said he can't come inside at all UNLESS there is huge thunderstorm and it's storming snow and all that stuff. So she got me one. It brought me loads of happiness and I was my hands 7 times after we play (If he licks my hand by accident) GSD's don't lick at all anyway. SO yea, am i going to hell for taking care of it... It taught me a lot about responsibility and stuff :/ Back in kuwait my dad used to own and breed dogs as well. so yea..

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
anatolian
04-19-2017, 04:51 PM
Salam. Islam is not against dogs. But has rules regarding it just like everything. You must keep it outside and must wash your hands or things verywell if it licks them.

German shephards are my second best after the Kangal :)

noraina
04-19-2017, 04:58 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

As has been said, Islam has nothing against dogs and we must treat them, like any living creature, with respect and compassion. However, there are certain rulings concerning them.

There is a hadith which mentions that angel do not enter a house in which there is a dog. And if one does have a dog, then it must be kept outside and have the purpose of either hunting, guarding livestock, or offering protection. Dogs aren't impure or evil in themselves, but their saliva is ritually impure and if you come into contact with it you need to wash yourself well.

Allah swt knows best. :)

Scimitar
04-19-2017, 05:28 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sarahx
I own a dog,
Nope,

you've adopted one under your care.

Allah owns it. the dog is simply in your care, an amanat of your choosing, because you took it from its natural disposition as a species which hunts for its food.

Scimi

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Supernova
04-19-2017, 06:33 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
Wa alaykum assalam,

As has been said, Islam has nothing against dogs and we must treat them, like any living creature, with respect and compassion. However, there are certain rulings concerning them.

There is a hadith which mentions that angel do not enter a house in which there is a dog. And if one does have a dog, then it must be kept outside and have the purpose of either hunting, guarding livestock, or offering protection. Dogs aren't impure or evil in themselves, but their saliva is ritually impure and if you come into contact with it you need to wash yourself well.

Allah swt knows best. :)
Correct on all accounts.

Scimitar
04-19-2017, 06:35 PM
Yeah don't let it into the house - this is common knowledge for all Muslims, even children know this - I hope you got it a kennel it can leave and enter as it pleases.

Scimi

noraina
04-19-2017, 06:43 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
Yeah don't let it into the house - this is common knowledge for all Muslims, even children know this - I hope you got it a kennel it can leave and enter as it pleases.

Scimi
I second this,

As you are keeping the dog outside, make sure it is sheltered against the elements, such as the rain and sun, and it has a spacious area to exercise in whenever it wants to.

Whenever we take in an animal, it is a trust from Allah swt and it is our duty to take wonderful care of it :)

Scimitar
04-19-2017, 06:47 PM
I'd have thirded it, but I realised I got in first haha :D

Sarahx
04-19-2017, 11:18 PM
Well its domosticated so...it cant really hunt lol...

Sarahx
04-19-2017, 11:19 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I second this,

As you are keeping the dog outside, make sure it is sheltered against the elements, such as the rain and sun, and it has a spacious area to exercise in whenever it wants to.

Whenever we take in an animal, it is a trust from Allah swt and it is our duty to take wonderful care of it :)

I agree ❤️

Butterfly
04-20-2017, 01:37 AM
I fourth, fifth, sixth on everything everyone has said.

I just wanted to add, by treating it well and taking care of it Allah may secure you a place in Jannah:

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Allah had once forgiven a prostitute. She passed by a dog panting near a well. Seeing that thirst had nearly killed him, she took off her shoe, tied it to her scarf, and drew up some water. Allah forgave her for that.
Source: Ṣaḥīḥ al-Bukhārī 3143, Ṣaḥīḥ Muslim 2245

Whenever you play with your dog, remind yourself that you're treating a creation of Allah's. May Allah reward you, Ameen.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.