/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Are You Hurt ? | Forgive

Muslimah inshal
04-19-2017, 08:41 PM
Be the flower that gives it's fragrance to even the hand that crushes it (Ali ibn abi talib ) .

https://youtu.be/Z3t-xeUVkdY

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Eric H
04-20-2017, 06:29 AM
Greetings and peace be with you Muslimah inshal; and thanks for sharing the link,

During the last six years, I have done about fifteen hundred hours voluntary work; for the people; who I believe unfairly sacked me from my job as a carer. I have learned some profound lessons by being able to forgive others. I have experienced a profound sense of peace when I have forgiven someone, it is so much easier to forgive than to store up anger, because anger eats away at you.

The person who seems to benefit the most is the person who forgives, rather than the person who has been forgiven.

It is the same to forgive someone, whether they have stolen £10 from you, or they are responsible for the death of your child.

If you can, it is better to forgive, even if the other person does not apologise.

I think Allah has created each and everyone of us to have a caring nature, But often with all the injustice in life, we can loose our willingness to be kind to others. As he said in the video, al our anger is temporary, because we all die, so to keep our peace with Allah, it is better to forgive and to pray for healing for your oppressor.

In the spirit of praying to a just and merciful God,

Eric

Muslimah inshal
04-20-2017, 07:47 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Eric H
Greetings and peace be with you Muslimah inshal; and thanks for sharing the link,

During the last six years, I have done about fifteen hundred hours voluntary work; for the people; who I believe unfairly sacked me from my job as a carer. I have learned some profound lessons by being able to forgive others. I have experienced a profound sense of peace when I have forgiven someone, it is so much easier to forgive than to store up anger, because anger eats away at you.

The person who seems to benefit the most is the person who forgives, rather than the person who has been forgiven.

It is the same to forgive someone, whether they have stolen £10 from you, or they are responsible for the death of your child.

If you can, it is better to forgive, even if the other person does not apologise.

I think Allah has created each and everyone of us to have a caring nature, But often with all the injustice in life, we can loose our willingness to be kind to others. As he said in the video, al our anger is temporary, because we all die, so to keep our peace with Allah, it is better to forgive and to pray for healing for your oppressor.

Eric
Wow subhanallah [emoji33] Fifteen hundred hours voluntary work .

May God make it easy for us Amiin ya rab .

azc
04-20-2017, 12:13 PM

Eric
To do justice with someone who has done injustice, is quite difficult thing.

Great job!

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Arfa
04-20-2017, 03:22 PM
Assalamualaikum dear muslim Insha llah

That is such a beneficial thread that you shared. Absolutely I agree here that anger can eat you and every minute we become angry and resentful, we loose sixty seconds of happiness.

SubhanAllah Mr Eric! Such an inspirational example you shared of forgiveness. Truly, if we learn to forgive our enemies like that just how peaceful and happy we can all be. May Allah heal us, bless us with His grace, ease, joys and peace of heart and soul Ameen. May we have the courage to forgive and rise in Allahs eyes and be blessed with satisfaction internally Ameen.

M.I.A.
04-20-2017, 10:18 PM
Cant do it. Lol..

Literally just came off the pain killers a few days ago lol.

Faiths florests van drives past...

Nice.

...well at least iv stopped bleeding lol.

No. I cant be like them..

And if you cant give the news. Your forced to listen to it.

Eric H
04-21-2017, 07:00 AM
Greetings and peace be with you azc;

To do justice with someone who has done injustice, is quite difficult thing.
When injustice happens, then you automatically have the right to be angry and demand justice. But so often in life, most people are unable to get true justice, so the anger remains, and the longer you hold onto this anger, the more it seems to eat away at you.......

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person you are angry with, but the person who gets burned the most is me. The longer you hold onto this burning coal, the hotter it becomes.

I listened to Glen tell his story, he had been signed up to play football with Leighton Orient, alongside David Beckham. He had an exciting life ahead of him, but he was stabbed in the back. He has now been paralysed from the waist down for the last 27 years. They caught the man who did this, he served four years in prison, he was then able to walk out of prison on his own two feet, and justice had been served.

By this time, Glen had learned to drive a disabled taxi, he learned where his assailant lived, and then stalked him with the intention of running him over. Glen said at that point he came to understand that true justice could not happen. Justice is not that two people should be crippled, rather, it is that neither of them should be crippled. He knew this could never happen, he came to understand that he had to let go of his hatred. If not, he would become worse than his assailant, because his actions would be premeditated.

He said he had to live with two diseases, being crippled, and the greater disease was the hate burning away inside him. Forgiveness and letting go of the hatred was a gradual process, his wheelchair has been a daily reminder of the past injustice.

After we heard his story in Manchester Cathedral, we were asked to say a blessing and we were to keep in mind all the people that had hurt us, and who we had to forgive.

Now may the peace of the Lord be with you,
May the Lord bless you
May the Lord keep you
And may God's face shine upon you always
And give you peace.

If you can pray a blessing for those who have hurt you, then it does help your soul to heal.

Eric

azc
04-21-2017, 08:54 AM
Greetings and peace be with you azc;

When injustice happens, then you automatically have the right to be angry and demand justice. But so often in life, most people are unable to get true justice, so the anger remains, and the longer you hold onto this anger, the more it seems to eat away at you.......

Anger is like picking up a burning coal with the intention of throwing it at the person you are angry with, but the person who gets burned the most is me. The longer you hold onto this burning coal, the hotter it becomes.

I listened to Glen tell his story, he had been signed up to play football with Leighton Orient, alongside David Beckham. He had an exciting life ahead of him, but he was stabbed in the back. He has now been paralysed from the waist down for the last 27 years. They caught the man who did this, he served four years in prison, he was then able to walk out of prison on his own two feet, and justice had been served.

By this time, Glen had learned to drive a disabled taxi, he learned where his assailant lived, and then stalked him with the intention of running him over. Glen said at that point he came to understand that true justice could not happen. Justice is not that two people should be crippled, rather, it is that neither of them should be crippled. He knew this could never happen, he came to understand that he had to let go of his hatred. If not, he would become worse than his assailant, because his actions would be premeditated.

He said he had to live with two diseases, being crippled, and the greater disease was the hate burning away inside him. Forgiveness and letting go of the hatred was a gradual process, his wheelchair has been a daily reminder of the past injustice.

After we heard his story in Manchester Cathedral, we were asked to say a blessing and we were to keep in mind all the people that had hurt us, and who we had to forgive.

Now may the peace of the Lord be with you,
May the Lord bless you
May the Lord keep you
And may God's face shine upon you always
And give you peace.

If you can pray a blessing for those who have hurt you, then it does help your soul to heal.

Eric
Great example!

I don't think it's easy for him to forgive his assailant who destroyed his life but he forgave.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.