/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm officially a Muslim!

PhoenixBird
04-22-2017, 03:45 AM
Salam Alaikum, brothers and sisters! Since December I have been studying Islam and wanting to convert. However, I didn't want to convert until I felt ready. Today I went to a Mosque that was very kindly suggested to me by a member here, and observed a prayer session. After that, I said the Shahada before the congregation, and now I'm a Muslim fully! The sisters there have taken me under their wing, and are teaching me about the religion and way of life. :)

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
04-22-2017, 06:26 AM
Wa alaykumussalam

Great news! Congratulations and very nice that you found kindly sisters. May Allah makes your path easy and blessed.

azc
04-22-2017, 06:35 AM
:wa: sister. May Allah swt keep you steadfast on deen. Ameen

s.ali123
04-22-2017, 08:08 AM
Salam Alaikum,
Welcome sister! May Allah grant you success in both worlds :) Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scottish Celt
04-22-2017, 08:57 AM
welcome sister wa aliekum salaam

that's great news you will love it here.

noraina
04-22-2017, 09:18 AM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah! Sister, that's such a wonderful thing to hear, so happy for you.

It's great you've found some nice sisters in your community, as Muslim women the sisterly bonds we have with each other are wonderful.

May Allah swt always keep you steadfast. Ameen.

Simple_Person
04-22-2017, 09:25 AM
Wa alaikum salam wa rahmatullahi wa barakatuh

Congratulations sister,

Remember TAKE IT easy. Step by step. From now on you will be tested by Allah with A LOT of difficulties, but those tests are meant to purify us so never think hardship is something bad, rather the people Allah loves, He tests them. Whenever you feel as if things are getting unbearable go and cry your heart out to Him. No human being can truly feel what you feel even your own parents or the most closest of friends, besides Allah(swt).

So again, step by step. Also if you feel as if have offended you in the other topic, that was not my intention and please forgive me.

If you have any question about anything and remember there are NO TABOO's or "touchy subjects" in Islam, please do not feel ashamed or anything to ask your question. Again welcome on board sister :D

Rider
04-22-2017, 02:30 PM
:sl:
Congratulations.. Ma shaa Allaah! May Allaah the Exalted make it easier for you. It's nice to hear that you've some sisters by your side that can help you. :masha:

Ummshareef
04-22-2017, 02:42 PM
Wa alaikum assalam,

That's such heartwarming news.

There are some lovey sister here who can help you too.

May Allah ease you transition into your new way of life. Ameen.

noor grant
04-22-2017, 08:31 PM
mabrook/congratulations.
I am happy for you.
Don't focus on others and continue doing research. there is no stopping point in islam until we reach jannah alhamdulillah
we are all seekers here in islam. so carry on with your studies and stay steadfast in worship of Allah
la ilaha illalah

Indefinable
04-22-2017, 10:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by PhoenixBird
Salam Alaikum, brothers and sisters! Since December I have been studying Islam and wanting to convert. However, I didn't want to convert until I felt ready. Today I went to a Mosque that was very kindly suggested to me by a member here, and observed a prayer session. After that, I said the Shahada before the congregation, and now I'm a Muslim fully! The sisters there have taken me under their wing, and are teaching me about the religion and way of life. :)
Alhamdulillaah.

Welcome to the Ummah.

Any questions please feel free to ask In sha Allaah.

PhoenixBird
04-22-2017, 11:53 PM
Thank you all for your support!

Also, no worries, Simple_Person. I think we just had a misunderstanding before. :)

greenhill
04-23-2017, 01:58 AM
Welcome to the deen.

Alhamdulillah....

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.