/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Growing a beard

Aaqib
04-23-2017, 09:46 PM
I'm already going a beard now and my parents are disgusted by it and want me to shave it off. What can I do? I don't know if I really want to suffer through beatings...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scimitar
04-23-2017, 09:50 PM
do as you're told,

Scimi

Aaqib
04-23-2017, 10:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
do as you're told,

Scimi
I thought keeping a beard was obligatory?

AabiruSabeel
04-23-2017, 10:40 PM
:salam:

Growing a beard is indeed Wajib and shaving it off is Haram. A Muslim should be proud of his identity and should not shy away from practicing any Sunnah.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-24-2017, 07:50 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Scimitar
do as you're told, Scimi
Do you advise him to shave off his beard...??????

Simple_Person
04-24-2017, 11:11 AM
Brother, having a beard for other people is rather a shock. Why? Because they just are NOT use to it. I would rather say, buy a trimmer. First let it grow just a LITTLE bit and for a long time (1-2) months, keep it at that length. Why? So they can adapt their vision of you to their son having a beard. Then slowly make it again a bit longer..and again make them adapt to that vision of their son having a beard. It is rather a psychological games often with people. i mean the idea that they have hated a beard is even a psychological brainwashing by western media to brand somebody who has shaved off being "good, handsome, clean..etc" while it is all just nonsense from sheytan. So try to make them adapt to that picture.

In the end you will in'sha'Allah have a big beard and they will remember you like that and find it rather odd you without a beard.

Muhammad
04-24-2017, 11:56 AM
وعليكم السلام ورحمة الله وبركاته

Ask Allaah سبحانه وتعالى to soften their hearts towards the teachings of Islam and do your best to be patient in keeping a beard. Try to gently explain why keeping a beard is good.

Here is a short video (and story) which you may like to watch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPrO2ooyiBA

May Allah سبحانه وتعالى make things easy for you, Aameen.

Scimitar
04-24-2017, 12:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I thought keeping a beard was obligatory?
format_quote Originally Posted by AabiruSabeel
:salam:

Growing a beard is indeed Wajib and shaving it off is Haram. A Muslim should be proud of his identity and should not shy away from practicing any Sunnah.
Do as you're told.

Scimi

azc
04-24-2017, 12:28 PM
I understand when family members or close relatives go against you, how it is difficult to practice upon this .

May Allah swt make it easy for you. Ameen

M.I.A.
04-24-2017, 01:18 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Aaqib
I'm already going a beard now and my parents are disgusted by it and want me to shave it off. What can I do? I don't know if I really want to suffer through beatings...

My parents said the same thing.

...just not ready for it.

It brings me no comfort when anyone mentions it.

Brother_40805
04-25-2017, 12:54 PM
I went through similar experience the first time around and remember for a change to to stick it you have to be patient through the difficulty.

I keep a beard now and its normal for my family and they actually love that I have it. Alhamdulillah.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.