/* */

PDA

View Full Version : It is allowed in islam to make promise and swear by touching holy koran

adb
04-24-2017, 04:13 AM
It is allowed in islam to make promise and swear by touching holy koran

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bobbyflay23
04-24-2017, 05:09 AM
It's called ahlaf a al Quran my cuzins have done it before so they probably learned it from older people so I guess it's halal but don't quote me on that because I just saw my cuzins doing it I myself have done it to swear to allah on somthing

Bobbyflay23
04-24-2017, 05:10 AM
But idk I don't see why it's be haram no evidence it's haram

azc
04-24-2017, 06:20 AM
:sl: welcome to islamicboard. I see people practicing upon it but I've never tried to know if taking the oath by putting the hand on the Quran is proven

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
04-24-2017, 06:31 AM
Also I realized it's called ide a Quran
Which basically means my hands on the Quran

adb
04-24-2017, 08:36 AM
I had made promise and swear by touching holy koran .I want to know that whether I had made a sin or it is shrik .I am in great trouble and now I am mentally not good i am sad also because some one also made a promise by touching holy koran that she will not leave me and will be my wife till death

*charisma*
04-24-2017, 09:41 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by adb
I had made promise and swear by touching holy koran .I want to know that whether I had made a sin or it is shrik .I am in great trouble and now I am mentally not good i am sad also because some one also made a promise by touching holy koran that she will not leave me and will be my wife till death
Are you married to this girl?

adb
04-24-2017, 12:25 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Are you married to this girl?
Walaikum salam yes I am married

*charisma*
04-24-2017, 05:46 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

format_quote Originally Posted by adb
Walaikum salam yes I am married

Making an oath by touching the Quran is considered shirk and bidaa. You can only make oaths by Allah, not by anything else. If I remember correctly, those oaths are also invalid.

You can read more about this here, here, and here.

It's also best to consider a scholar for an individual case like this where you mention your wife leaving you.

Bobbyflay23
04-24-2017, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

Making an oath by touching the Quran is considered shirk and bidaa. You can only make oaths by Allah, not by anything else. If I remember correctly, those oaths are also invalid.

You can read more about this here, here, and here.

It's also best to consider a scholar for an individual case like this where you mention your wife leaving you.
You scared me so bad making me think I did shirk see this I still haven't seen your links Ima look at them right now

https://islamqa.info/en/98194

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.