/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to do wudhu while having a blood clot?

MuhammadSajidHA
04-24-2017, 06:06 PM
Assalamu Alaikum Wa Rahmatullahi Wa Barakatuh

I have cut my finger a bit... Now as usual blood clot formed but whenever I clean that blood clot blood comes out of the cut...In this state I can't do wudhu because whenever I clean the blood clot blood will flow out of the cut and nullify the wudhu...What should I do now? Jajakallahu Khaire

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
04-24-2017, 06:39 PM
First go to a good doctor.... Have you not talked to any scholar yet..?

Umm Malik
04-24-2017, 10:50 PM
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: If there is a wound on a part of the body that is washed when purifying oneself, there are several scenarios:

(i) It is not covered and will not be harmed by washing. In this case he has to wash it if it is in a place that is to be washed.

(ii) It is not covered but will be harmed by washing but not by wiping. In this case he has to wipe it instead of washing it.

(iii) It is not covered but will be harmed by both washing and wiping. In this case he should do tayammum for it.

(iv) It is covered with a band-aid or the like that is needed. In this case he should wipe over that covering and that will suffice in place of washing that part and he does not have to do tayammum.

Majmoo‘ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/121. See also al-Mughni by Ibn Qudaamah, 1/172-173; al-Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 14/273

Based on the above:

If your toe will not be harmed by water, then it must be washed. If it will be harmed by washing but will not be harmed by wiping, then it must be wiped. If it will be harmed by washing and wiping, and has been covered with a dressing, it is sufficient for you to wipe over the dressing.

https://islamqa.info/en/148062

MuhammadSajidHA
04-25-2017, 04:43 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm Malik
Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen (may Allah have mercy on him) said: If there is a wound on a part of the body that is washed when purifying oneself, there are several scenarios:

(i) It is not covered and will not be harmed by washing. In this case he has to wash it if it is in a place that is to be washed.

(ii) It is not covered but will be harmed by washing but not by wiping. In this case he has to wipe it instead of washing it.

(iii) It is not covered but will be harmed by both washing and wiping. In this case he should do tayammum for it.

(iv) It is covered with a band-aid or the like that is needed. In this case he should wipe over that covering and that will suffice in place of washing that part and he does not have to do tayammum.

Majmoo‘ Fataawa wa Rasaa’il Ibn ‘Uthaymeen, 11/121. See also al-Mughni by Ibn Qudaamah, 1/172-173; al-Mawsoo‘ah al-Fiqhiyyah, 14/273

Based on the above:

If your toe will not be harmed by water, then it must be washed. If it will be harmed by washing but will not be harmed by wiping, then it must be wiped. If it will be harmed by washing and wiping, and has been covered with a dressing, it is sufficient for you to wipe over the dressing.

https://islamqa.info/en/148062
Jajakallahu Khaire.... Thanks for helping

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
04-25-2017, 08:04 AM
Subhanallah i also cut my finger

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.