/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Introducing myself

Silas
04-25-2017, 01:58 PM
Hello:

I live in the USA, and while not Muslim, I have an interest in Islam, Arab and Persian history, and religion in general.

My teenage son wishes to learn Arabic (so do I), and we live in an area with many Muslim people. It is one of the most internationally diverse places in North America.

I thought this would be a good place to connect with people who are knowledgable about Islam. Forgive me in advance for any questions that might seem silly ;)

Thanks

/Silas

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
noraina
04-25-2017, 02:28 PM
Hello,

And welcome to this forum, you'll find that it is a friendly and very informative place to learn about Islam and Muslims in'sha'Allah.

I'm at the moment learning Arabic myself, it's a bit of a challenge but with enough dedication and effort you can make huge progress and it's very rewarding.

By the way, there is no such thing as a silly question :) To be honest not enough people do ask questions these days.

*charisma*
04-25-2017, 02:33 PM
Hi,

Welcome to the forum. I lived a couple of hours away from Chicago, and you're right, it's quite diverse.

I think the easiest way for your son to learn Arabic is to make some arab friends. Universities also give arabic courses (but that may be expensive).

Feel free to ask any questions!

sister herb
04-25-2017, 02:36 PM
Hello to you

Welcome to forum. As said, here are many friendly people whose try their best to help you with your questions. Hopely you will enjoy your time in here.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
04-25-2017, 03:31 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Silas
Hello: I live in the USA, and while not Muslim, I have an interest in Islam, Arab and Persian history, and religion in general. My teenage son wishes to learn Arabic (so do I), and we live in an area with many Muslim people. It is one of the most internationally diverse places in North America. I thought this would be a good place to connect with people who are knowledgable about Islam. Forgive me in advance for any questions that might seem silly ;) Thanks /Silas
welcome to islamicboard. Feel free to ask any Q...

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.