/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it permissible to pray wearing half-sleeved clothes?

MuhammadSajidHA
04-28-2017, 08:54 AM
It is getting really hard to wear full sleeved clothes because of the warm weather at my place....so can I pray wearing half sleeved clothes?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
04-28-2017, 09:09 AM
:sl:

Yes permissible, but most preferable will be full sleeves which i heard from the ulama but yet to see any hadith about it.

Any dress that covers the awrah can be used for salah rather than missing the salah for such reasons.

AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 08:49 PM
salah in half sleeve is makruh, however if weather is too hot [or body is too hot] then it maybe ok, for concentration and feeling spirituality is very important in salah and feeling too hot and agitated will disrupt that

Muslimah inshal
04-29-2017, 09:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
salah in half sleeve is makruh, however if weather is too hot [or body is too hot] then it maybe ok, for concentration and feeling spirituality is very important in salah and feeling too hot and agitated will disrupt that
Hahaha :) subhanallah . Then imagine our sisters that wear niqab or hijab with abaya subhanallah alhamdulillah . I would prefer the hot weather of the dunya than the hot of the akhira ( hellfire ) .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
talibilm
04-30-2017, 12:30 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz

Yes i heard it so that it s Makruh . But the other statement seems is from your Qiyas and i did think so. But a daleel if you have any, will be most appreciated, Bro.

shayanmsd37
04-30-2017, 09:06 AM
why is it makruh, the arms arent part of the awrah, or are they? i heard men have to cover their shoulders, along with the awrah of course.

AbdurRahman.
05-01-2017, 06:57 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm

Yes i heard it so that it s Makruh . But the other statement seems is from your Qiyas and i did think so. But a daleel if you have any, will be most appreciated, Bro.
:wa:

yes it is qiyas [never really thought of it that way; makes me feel like a 'scholar' now :D [OOPS gotta say this is not a fatwa! :Emoji46:]

however i am following a scholarly precedence:

It is recommended to keep your eyes open in prayer, looking down towards your place of prostration while standing, your feet while bowing, your nose while prostrating, and between your thighs when sitting.

However, if you cannot maintain concentration, then it is not disliked to close your eyes. Some scholars held that one should still close your eyes, for it is the outward practice of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), while others argued that it would be BETTER to close one’s eyes in such a case, for the inward practice of the Prophet (Allah bless him and give him peace), and the essence of the prayer, is attentiveness (khushu`) and presence of heart with Allah.

And Allah knows best.

Wassalam,
Faraz

http://islamqa.org/hanafi/qibla-hanafi/36196

so it seems very straight forward to apply it here too as bearing the arms is not sin anyway

AbdurRahman.
05-01-2017, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by shayanmsd37
why is it makruh, the arms arent part of the awrah, or are they? i heard men have to cover their shoulders, along with the awrah of course.

it is Makrooh since it is ‘opposing the way of the Prophet (SAS)’.

AbdurRahman.
05-01-2017, 08:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslimah inshal
Hahaha :) subhanallah . Then imagine our sisters that wear niqab or hijab with abaya subhanallah alhamdulillah . I would prefer the hot weather of the dunya than the hot of the akhira ( hellfire ) .
i expected a commendation for that 'einstien brainwork' of mines sis not a laugh! :Emoji29:

ZeeshanParvez
05-02-2017, 12:23 AM
Read this.

Also remember the difference between praying in a half sleeved garment and rolling up sleeves of a garment. Read this for the latter.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.