/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Can't keep the beard because of work .

Muslimah inshal
04-29-2017, 08:35 AM
Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatu allahi wa barakatuhu !!
This is a question from one of my family member.
At work they told him that he can't keep the beard . What can he do ? . It is an obligation for a man to keep beard just as women with HIJAB ?. Because the beard differentiates men from women ?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-29-2017, 07:30 PM
:salam:

Why can't he keep the beard? There is absolutely no reason for why he should shave it. No reason. ONly thing I can think of is that they don't like the beard.

Whatever one leaves for the sake of Allah :swt: , Allah :swt: will replace it with something better.

may Allah :swt: forgive me if I said anything wrong. Ameen.

Allahu alam.

AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 08:05 PM
:wa:

hmmm i used to shave to go to work that dont allow beard [such as miserable ole waitering in resturaunts! :Emoji49:; my 'logic' told me that work being fard, takes precedence over the wajib beard which is slightly less than a fard, but i might be wrong! :O

Muslimah inshal
04-29-2017, 08:21 PM
Jazakumu Allahu Khairan kathiran for your time

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 08:45 PM
shaving is haram and a sin so if he can get another job pretty quick then he should leave that job, if it wont be so quick but maybe a month or two but living expenses wont be too much of a problem, he should still leave as beard is very important; it is part of a mans muslim identity

but if no other job available for long time and he cant afford to leave that job, then maybe my 'logic' [which is usually stupid :Emoji50:] might apply here!

another option is, if it is not a job where a beard will be a hygene hazzard, then he could threaten to take employer to industrial tribunal!

anatolian
04-29-2017, 10:29 PM
There are different opinions on this. Some say shaving is haram, some say it is sunnah so shaving is not haram. I hold the second view. So it is up to you

Silas
04-29-2017, 10:30 PM
a question from an outsider: isn't the rule regarding keeping a beard found in the Hadith and not the Quran?

anatolian
04-29-2017, 10:51 PM
Yes it is in the Hadith. But Quran itself calls to follow the example of the Prophet aleyhissalam. The question, is it a farz (compulsion) or not. Some say farz , some say not but sunnah (example of the Prophet).

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.