I m here to seek advice concerning my situation as a Muslim

My husband married a second wife
I don't have a problem with it
But my parents had a huge problem with it they will be getting me divorced

I heard my husband spread gossip that he has also divorced me

How do I deal with this islamically?

I don't wanna spend eternity in hell
By uttering things that displease Allaah

Even though I really used to love my husband...

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Serinity
04-29-2017, 09:49 AM
:salam:

You heard that your husband gossiped you, from who did you hear that?

Allahu alam.

Hayaa8
04-29-2017, 10:00 AM
As salam alaikum

Oh I forgot the details

My family is having a fight with my husband that he betrayed me by secretly marrying a second wife
Back home in the middle east
It just turned into gossip
Now I have another woman in the arms of my husband who I used to love
While i am getting notifications of divorce through gossip...while he is back home in the middle east..
I live in america

Serinity
04-29-2017, 10:11 AM
So you got it from people who do not like for you to be married to him?

I say to verify these news, and do not act upon them, because it might be a lie and evil suspicion is a sin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Hayaa8
04-29-2017, 10:20 AM
As salam alaikum

I am accepting my husband having a co wife

But my parents will divorce me
Even if the gossip ends in a lie

Already I have lost all courage in stopping my parents from harming my husband using western laws

My parents are going to use western laws to ban my husband from coming back to me in america

I just have hope in Allaah left

Every time I try to tell them not to harm my husband they get angry

I don't want to oppress my husband...

I am going insane...

My parents have begun to hate my husband severely

I have no way out

Islam is not the concern of my parents....

AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 06:53 PM
:wa:

Sis, hang on in there; divorce is one of the two most disliked actions by ALlah [swt]!, so do not want divorce yourself but if it inevitably happens, then no worries, i'm sure you will find a better husband inshAllah! :)

keiv
04-29-2017, 07:45 PM
It's too bad he married another girl behind your back when, after everything is said and done, you would of been accepting of it from the start.

Unless I'm wrong to assume that

It seems like communication is key here either way. Too much gossip and second hand information

Indefinable
04-29-2017, 08:27 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Hayaa8
As salam alaikum

Hey everyone

Is it possible for you to go to your husband in the Middle East and speak to him directly?

Put your parents feelings aside for a moment, and think about what you want. If your husband has not denied your rights, and you are genuinely happy with him, then there is no need for you to divorce him.

'Abd-al Latif
04-29-2017, 08:55 PM
As salam alaikum

Hey everyone

The way to deal with it Islamically is to be patient and not to listen to the suggestions of anyone regarding divorce. Nobody has a right to tell you to divorce unless there is a Islamic/shar'i reason to do so.

You should go to a Sharia Council to discuss this issue. Avoid speaking to people whose judgements are clouded with emotions.

AbdurRahman.
04-29-2017, 09:02 PM
the Sister is mentally retarded sadly :Emoji29: as she has said herself so i think her parents might end up getting their way ... but OP if you can do anything to save your marriage, do it! :thumbs_up

Bobbyflay23
04-30-2017, 12:39 AM
Sister of your accepting to it then move to the Middle East with him and then come back to visit your parents every ounce in a while but the fact that he did it behind your back means it's not a very good husband so I wouldn't really stick around but at the same time he's your husband and you love him your 30 years old if you get divorced it's possible you won't remarry and I think you should move back in with him if he's in the Middle East if your family can find you a husband willing to marry you then go ahead but I don't suggest divorce

Bobbyflay23
04-30-2017, 12:42 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
the Sister is mentally retarded sadly :Emoji29: as she has said herself so i think her parents might end up getting their way ... but OP if you can do anything to save your marriage, do it! :thumbs_up
There's a difference between being dumb retarded and extreme emotions full mania has to do with emotions I don't not suggest the op to listen to her parents unless she agrees with her parents if she's uncomfortable sharing him then go ahead divorce he did it behind her back anyways but if she's willing to share ignore the parents and ask the husband to give you a plane ticket to the Middle East and live with him

CosmicPathos
05-01-2017, 08:01 AM
As salam alaikum

Hey everyone

What do you mean by Western laws? You have to clarify what your parents are forcing you to do other than forcing you to get divorce? Your parents cannot force you to get divorce. It is between you and your husband to sort out. You must communicate with your husband directly.

azc
05-02-2017, 02:22 AM
As salam alaikumHey everyoneI m here to seek advice concerning my situation as a MuslimMy husband married a second wifeI don't have a problem with itBut my parents had a huge problem with it they will be getting me divorcedI heard my husband spread gossip that he has also divorced meHow do I deal with this islamically?I don't wanna spend eternity in hellBy uttering things that displease AllaahEven though I really used to love my husband...
your husband doesn't live with you. Try to meet him in person and discuss the issues. Divorce isn't a joke.

Hayaa8
05-03-2017, 09:24 PM
Its over

My husband divorced me and moved on
I am unable to talk with my husband due to a court ban that my husband made me go through

I guess marriage was never meant for me...

Maasha Allaah...

Silas
05-04-2017, 03:08 AM
Very sad situation

But with the support of family and friends, perhaps another husband is in the future?

fromelsewhere
05-10-2017, 04:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by AbdullahAziz
Clarification: she claimed that she was mentally retarded, but is that really the case or is she in such a low mood at the moment that she has a very low self-esteem and thinks that she is retarded?

If the husband did indeed marry a girl behind the OP's back, then he is a jerk and I feel for the OP. I hope she recovers from her sadness soon and that she realizes that she is better off without him. With a bit of luck, she might find a much better and caring dude.

ibraheemniyi8
05-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Its over

I am unable to talk with my husband due to a court ban that my husband made me go through

Maasha Allaah...
As-salam alaikum sister you don't need to worry yourself much All it take is duaa patients

azc
05-11-2017, 08:22 AM
Its over

Maasha Allaah...
It's sad to know.

May Allah swt make your life happy. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.