/* */

PDA

View Full Version : AsSalamu Alykum, trying to find muslim sisters for support?

LauraBaha
05-01-2017, 02:24 PM
I have been muslim for 4 years, Alhamdulillah. I'm young and recently had a baby(Married). I feel so alone.. my husband works full time and the local masjid doesn't have anyone who speaks english. Anyone here in the same situation and would like to become support/sister friends? [emoji5] I live in the Usa.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-01-2017, 02:33 PM
Walaiikum asalaam

Where in the US are you at??

LauraBaha
05-01-2017, 02:33 PM
I'm close to NYC

*charisma*
05-01-2017, 02:55 PM
Aww quite far away from where I used to live. Have you tried visiting other masjids?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
LauraBaha
05-01-2017, 03:09 PM
I tried one other masjid but they didn't have a place for sisters to pray. Seems like it would be easier to find muslim reverts in a big city but I guess not

*charisma*
05-01-2017, 04:08 PM
Then my last suggestion to you would be to check out facebook groups of muslim reverts, or even muslim cooking. I've always found these types of groups quite helpful mashallah and there are always sisters there who are ready to help :)

Cabdullahi
05-05-2017, 09:50 PM
I've been looking for Muslim sisters for support also...

In sha Allah, one day.

LauraBaha
05-05-2017, 10:36 PM
InshaAlllah they have muslim groups on facebook. I joined them and they really support reverts.

*charisma*
05-06-2017, 10:05 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by LauraBaha
InshaAlllah they have muslim groups on facebook. I joined them and they really support reverts.
That's great to hear mashallah. Please update us on how that goes. It's the first time I make that suggestion so if it turns out to be helpful inshallah I can keep it in mind for the future as this question comes up from time to time.

greenhill
05-06-2017, 05:38 PM
Welcome to the forum.

You will find the people here supportive as well.

Wishing you a great stay.

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.