/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Not allowing oneself to feel good

.alhamdulillah.
05-02-2017, 04:34 AM
When I do good in this world, I want to do it to please Allah and attain his reward, mercy, Jannah, etc.....

So I want my intention to be for that, but obviously when you pray, read Quran, help others, or do any good deed, you feel good and your "heart" feels at ease and joyful and content, but I don't want to do good things only for that reason....

... which is why I wonder if I should even feel joy when doing good, or only do it and wait for the reward.

It's like I am not allowing myself to feel happy or good when I do good deeds, for the fear of doing them just to feel good. But in turn, now I feel like I am never happy...

So that joyful, happy feeling you get sometimes when you are living an overall "good" life and doing good deeds, is it wrong to have that and enjoy it? Or is that considered to be doing it for the wrong reasons?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
talibilm
05-02-2017, 04:58 AM
:sl:

You are right . Bro, its should done with iklass for pleasing Allah and not for our sake or peace of mind or health & so as some do utter like '' if i do not pray i feel no peace of mind '' and some '' for blessings in rizk''' etc

But Good things are that it makes you happy and there's nothing wrong with it and its a sign of eeman is what i FAINTLY remember from a hadith.

Allah knows the best.

Alpha Dude
05-02-2017, 06:14 AM
:sl: You are over thinking. There is nothing wrong in feeling good as long as you are sincere in your deeds. The presence of happiness at the same time of doing something good does not negate it.

Dr. Blitz
05-02-2017, 08:19 AM
You definitely should not feel bad to enjoy the reward of your good deed. However, one must be humble and not show off.

There is also the issue of showing 'Shukr' ie gratefulness to Allah (SWT) because of the rewards he gives you. Antonym of Shukr in Arabic is Kufr which makes Shukr directly synonymous with Iman.

format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
When I do good in this world, I want to do it to please Allah and attain his reward, mercy, Jannah, etc.....

So I want my intention to be for that, but obviously when you pray, read Quran, help others, or do any good deed, you feel good and your "heart" feels at ease and joyful and content, but I don't want to do good things only for that reason....

... which is why I wonder if I should even feel joy when doing good, or only do it and wait for the reward.

It's like I am not allowing myself to feel happy or good when I do good deeds, for the fear of doing them just to feel good. But in turn, now I feel like I am never happy...

So that joyful, happy feeling you get sometimes when you are living an overall "good" life and doing good deeds, is it wrong to have that and enjoy it? Or is that considered to be doing it for the wrong reasons?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
.alhamdulillah.
05-03-2017, 02:31 AM
I guess that's all true, perhaps shaitan is trying to mess with me, or I myself am just screwed in the head lol

JazakAllah

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.