/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Fear of losing reward for good deeds

.alhamdulillah.
05-02-2017, 04:42 AM
I have heard that Allah can make your good deeds like dust and vanish them...

Well I am just wondering what must one have done for Allah to not reward them for their good they did.......

Because I've kind of been stuck in a cycle where yes my iman and knowledge and overall good actions have increased quite a bit for the last few years, but while also doing that good, I have been having trouble stopping a haram habit.

So while I continue to do good deeds, learn more, give dawah, etc.... I have been unable to stop this one habit even though I know it is wrong to do, which makes me wonder if all of the good I have done over these past few years will be made into dust... just b/c of my sins.......

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Dr. Blitz
05-02-2017, 08:04 AM
Salaam ya akhi,

I'm directly quoting from Mufti Ismael Menk who has quoted from hadith: despite doing fard and good deeds if you happen to sin then on the day of judgement your good deeds will be given to the person you have wronged and his bad deeds will be transferred to you. So its much more severe than losing your good deeds.

Some sins are forgiven but only if u repent which I'm sure you are aware of but then if u go back to it Allah will not accept your repentance.

However, quoting Mufti Menk again, instead of using the fear of Allah's (SWT) fierce punishment as a means to keep u on track I feel you should be more worried about losing His Love, His Rahma, because first the love disappears then the pain comes down on us. His love and guidance is enough to keep us on the right path. 1) Make constant dua for yourself, esp during asr, fajr and tahajjud. Fast the optional fasts. And last but not the least stay in wudhu 24/7. I can guarantee you that shaitan will steer clear and the angel that you have been appointed with since your soul was breath into your body will be a constant source of guidance from Allah (SWT).

May Allah (SWT) keep you strong and on the right path.

format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I have heard that Allah can make your good deeds like dust and vanish them...

Well I am just wondering what must one have done for Allah to not reward them for their good they did.......

Because I've kind of been stuck in a cycle where yes my iman and knowledge and overall good actions have increased quite a bit for the last few years, but while also doing that good, I have been having trouble stopping a haram habit.

So while I continue to do good deeds, learn more, give dawah, etc.... I have been unable to stop this one habit even though I know it is wrong to do, which makes me wonder if all of the good I have done over these past few years will be made into dust... just b/c of my sins.......

muslim brother
05-02-2017, 03:25 PM
in fact allah taala is so merciful that by sincere taubah(repentance) the sin that is repented for is turned into "reward" in the hereafter.
allah taala also says..you will become tired of sinning ,but i will not get tired of forgiving

of course this does not give us carte blanche to go haywire,but

THE MOST GRACIOUS,MOST MERCIFUL is just that.
:arabic4:

azc
05-02-2017, 05:57 PM
Keep trying to abstain from sinning and if any sin is committed, make haste in doing tawba.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.