View Full Version : foreign policy / terrorism/ a criminals act

muslim brother
05-02-2017, 04:09 PM
so the mad terrorist khalid masood cites foreign policy as a justification

so what?

and organisations grab this and paste this on to their sites
of course it,s a shocking and problematic news story

now..they say..
to stop terrorism ,foreign policy must be addressed.

personally i disagree,

there are so many factors that drive a nutcase to murder,psychiatrists are still wondering why the yorkshire ripper,myra hidley ,and the list goes on.,did it?

to say foreign policy is the main factor is as problematic as saying islam is the main factor

both i disagree with..im sure you will too

from someone who works to rehabilitate misguided individuals in the real world

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Silas
05-02-2017, 05:41 PM
While the west has much to answer for in terms of bad foreign policy, civilian deaths, and destabilizing governments in the Middle-East, absolutely nothing justifies the deliberate targeting of innocent women and children as some form of legitimate retaliation.

The foreign-policy justification also does not account for the almost daily atrocities and violence committed by Muslims in the ME against other Muslims (Sunni vs. Shia, Wahabbi vs. Alawite, etc.). If the US and its allies completely pulled out of the Middle-East tomorrow, there would still be sectarian violence and political struggle, and there would always be someone ready to use religion as an excuse to launch a war.

My father knew Anwar Sadat, and my family received some gifts from him in 1980. When I was 11 years old I was watching live television of Sadat being assassinated. I looked on in horror as it all unfolded. Very little has changed since then.

I have been in some heated arguments with other Americans over things like US military action in WWII. I think that the carpet bombing of civilians in places like Dresden and Hamburg were grave moral and spiritual evils, and that nothing justifies such actions. And if the military hits civilians now, either deliberately or accidentally, it is still evil. It is a black mark on our nation and people.

Only a deluded psychopath straps a bomb to himself and goes out to kill women and children. That is no different than Timothy McVeigh who blew up a federal building that also housed a daycare center. Such people have lost their humanity. They have their twisted justifications, and if it isn't "foreign policy" it would be something else.

muslim brother
05-14-2017, 12:42 PM
another term commonly used by "activists " is that the prevent duty is "spying"

well,
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/spying

the key word here is ...secretely

therefore prevent is not a spying project as it is not a secret
it is not covert

another thought..terrorism is now a highly emotional subject
by an emotional reaction causing emotional reactions

thus to cite academics and statistics and even legal speak in such an emotional subject matter is nonsensical

of course many disagree,but many don,t

either the glass is half empty or half full

Serinity
05-14-2017, 01:11 PM
I'd say atheistic doctrines are quite dangerous if put into action. Specifically "Survival of the fittest" which mandates to kill all the weak, so that the strong remain.

Quite arrogant.

That could be another justification.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.