/* */

PDA

View Full Version : New hijabi

cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2017, 07:22 PM
Salam aleikum all!
So im starting to wear the hijab Inshallah this weekend,im also starting at a new school this monday. I was just wondering if anyone here had any advice for new hijab wearers and just general hijab advice. Also could you all pls keep me in your dua/prayers because im kinda nervous about moving to a new school lol

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-02-2017, 08:06 PM
Walaikum Asalaam

Be confident in wearing it, understand why you wear it because you will get questions about it, and always have extra pins with you :D

May ALlah make things easy for you ameen.

cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2017, 08:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum Asalaam

Be confident in wearing it, understand why you wear it because you will get questions about it, and always have extra pins with you :D

May ALlah make things easy for you ameen.
Yes definately, and lol about the pins , I've been practising hijab styles at home with pins and lets just say i basically stabbed myself accidently with them

*charisma*
05-02-2017, 08:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Yes definately, and lol about the pins , I've been practising hijab styles at home with pins and lets just say i basically stabbed myself accidently with them
You will be a pro at it in no time inshallah :p

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
05-02-2017, 08:46 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
You will be a pro at it in no time inshallah :p
Thank you!

noraina
05-02-2017, 09:29 PM
Wa alaykum assalam,

Ma'sha'Allah, may Allah swt make it easy for you and guide us all to please Him in the most beautiful way.

Wearing the hijab for the first time can be a little intimidating - but to be honest you're more self-conscious about it than the people around you. Wear it with pride and confidence - one of the most beautiful things for me about the hijab is that with it we are recognised as Muslim women alhamdulillah, when we understand what it's for the hijab gives us a real sense of identity.

Oh and please remember the extra pins. The first day I wore hijab half of it unravelled and flopped over my face while shopping - it was a nightmare :D!

btw, your username is really cute.

Umm♥Layth
05-02-2017, 10:15 PM
Waleikum Asalaam :)

ALWAYS scope out the scarf section at any store you stop to shop at, even grocery stores. I slowly gathered my collection this way and I have lots of unique scarves :D like leopard print, cherry print lol and all sorts. Also, look for wide/extra large scarves as they provide much more coverage. Some of mine reach my waist and I love them.

Always wear an underscarf to prevent your hair from sneaking out. I personally don't use the caps they sell, I have a few black, cotton scarves that I tie and wrap around my hair and then I use my other scarf on top/over it as usual. It is always secure this way.

Also, I'm unsure what style of hijab you are wearing asides the scarf part, but I suggest you get long cardigans and dusters if you are not wearing abaya. Anything to help cover your curves. Your chest, bum, hips and thighs are top priority :)

I never use pins by the way, so the fabric you choose really will dictate if that's necessary or not. Most of my scarves are cotton and my all time favorite are gauze. They don't slip and they are super breathable.

Enjoy!

azc
05-03-2017, 09:54 AM
Salam aleikum all!So im starting to wear the hijab Inshallah this weekend,im also starting at a new school this monday. I was just wondering if anyone here had any advice for new hijab wearers and just general hijab advice. Also could you all pls keep me in your dua/prayers because im kinda nervous about moving to a new school lol
:wa: May ALLAH swt make it easy for you. Ameen

cinnamonrolls1
05-03-2017, 10:22 AM
Thanks everyone for all the kind replies! May Allah swt bless you all :)

noraina
05-04-2017, 05:42 PM
I have such a unique collection of prints and colours in my scarves, lol, thanks to four years of collecting. I once brought some really oddly-coloured, wiggly-type scarves with almost disturbing circular patterns on them - don't know what was wrong with me when I brought them.

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 07:15 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
I have such a unique collection of prints and colours in my scarves, lol, thanks to four years of collecting. I once brought some really oddly-coloured, wiggly-type scarves with almost disturbing circular patterns on them - don't know what was wrong with me when I brought them.
Loooool, iv ordered some neutral coloured ones online that should come tomorow inshallah, thing is a couple of weeks ago i saw this one i really liked in h&m so i got it, but its a square scarf and i have no idea how to like tie it . Im sure il figure out a way how to lol

noraina
05-04-2017, 08:07 PM
Loooool, iv ordered some neutral coloured ones online that should come tomorow inshallah, thing is a couple of weeks ago i saw this one i really liked in h&m so i got it, but its a square scarf and i have no idea how to like tie it . Im sure il figure out a way how to lol
My tastes are vastly improved now, lol. I usually choose pastel or darker colours.

As for square scarves, fold it into an uneven triangle, then tie it under your chin with one side much longer than the other, and pin the longer side up onto your heard. I'm not sure how well I've explained it, I'll try and get a video in'sha'Allah.

cinnamonrolls1
05-04-2017, 08:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by noraina
My tastes are vastly improved now, lol. I usually choose pastel or darker colours.

As for square scarves, fold it into an uneven triangle, then tie it under your chin with one side much longer than the other, and pin the longer side up onto your heard. I'm not sure how well I've explained it, I'll try and get a video in'sha'Allah.
Thanks for the advice, il try out the square scarf soon Inshallah and lol about your tastes having improved.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.