/* */

PDA

View Full Version : I'm extremely worried-need help!

anonymous
05-03-2017, 01:27 PM
Salam

I've been posting personal info on another forum. basically, problems with family and so on. That forum is not secure. on the top of the screen, there is something that mentions the site is not secure. how do i make it secure?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-03-2017, 01:47 PM
Can you ask admin of that other forum to delete your post if you don´t think it´s secure?

AbdurRahman.
05-04-2017, 07:21 PM
Sis, if you havn't posted any details that compromises the anonimity of you or any family members, dont worry about it, for no one can do any harm at all as long as you all remain anonymous

fromelsewhere
05-09-2017, 10:36 PM
There is no guarantee that anything on the internet is secure or private. So when posting on ANY forum, never put too much personal detail that someone who knows you may recognize you or your story.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
05-10-2017, 05:33 PM
If possible get your posts and account deleted or at least stop visiting there

anonymous
05-19-2017, 01:58 PM
When I visit that forum, I realised its not secure. on the top left hand on the toolbar, i always see the 'Not Secure' written on it. What does that mean?

ardianto
05-19-2017, 03:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by anonymous
When I visit that forum, I realised its not secure. on the top left hand on the toolbar, i always see the 'Not Secure' written on it. What does that mean?
"Not secure" mean someone outside might be able to see information you send through that site. In example, your password. But as long as in that forum you don't put private information such as your real name or address, that can be accessed through your password, it's okay.

AbdurRahman.
05-19-2017, 03:23 PM
sometimes the 'not secure' message is from safe-guard tools in your own computer; they do over do it sometimes so when really there is nothing to worry about, those security tools are over-cautious

the site itself would not say their own site is not secure

Simple_Person
05-19-2017, 04:34 PM
In IT there is a sort of certificate that shows the secure connection is secure so to say. When you enter your login details and the connection is secure a third party (hacker/cracker) is unable to come between you and the server (website) and intercept the login details you have entered.

The website is using https but have NOT a valid certificate to ensure a safe https connection when you use your login details. Anyhow what we are seeing these days, nothing is secure. Many admins are also kind of lazy or lack of knowledge to keep forum software and server software up to date. Also not to mention bugs (holes) that are not even known by majority but known by hackers...just read the whole #vault7 fiasco with CIA that they have tools that hijacks conversations even BEFORE the secure-connection is being created.

For now best to use a Linux desktop system and about webbrowser..i am not sure maybe Chromium or Vivaldi or Chrome..although Vivaldi and Chromium are open source, but Google Chrome isn't.

This off course might be way to technical for you. Start digging in the technical world to see what is going on.

anonymous
05-19-2017, 09:22 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
"Not secure" mean someone outside might be able to see information you send through that site. In example, your password. But as long as in that forum you don't put private information such as your real name or address, that can be accessed through your password, it's okay.
What do you mean by someone 'outside' might see the information? Do you mean family members can see the password and username I use on the forum?

I'm stressed out because I wrote personal things about myself and family and I'm worried they'll see it. What are the chances of my family seeing this information?

I also use the incognito mode whenever I'm on that forum.

anonymous
05-19-2017, 09:26 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Simple_Person
In IT there is a sort of certificate that shows the secure connection is secure so to say. When you enter your login details and the connection is secure a third party (hacker/cracker) is unable to come between you and the server (website) and intercept the login details you have entered.

The website is using https but have NOT a valid certificate to ensure a safe https connection when you use your login details. Anyhow what we are seeing these days, nothing is secure. Many admins are also kind of lazy or lack of knowledge to keep forum software and server software up to date. Also not to mention bugs (holes) that are not even known by majority but known by hackers...just read the whole #vault7 fiasco with CIA that they have tools that hijacks conversations even BEFORE the secure-connection is being created.

For now best to use a Linux desktop system and about webbrowser..i am not sure maybe Chromium or Vivaldi or Chrome..although Vivaldi and Chromium are open source, but Google Chrome isn't.

This off course might be way to technical for you. Start digging in the technical world to see what is going on.
What are the chances of a hacker seeing my information on an insecure site? Can my family members see my information if I use that forum on chrome, incognito mode?

Bobbyflay23
05-19-2017, 11:51 PM
What are the chances of a hacker seeing my information on an insecure site? Can my family members see my information if I use that forum on chrome, incognito mode?
If your family doesn't go on the website which im pretty sure they don't your fine just make a new email and ditch all your last information that you put on that website unless you put your name and last name

ardianto
05-20-2017, 12:04 AM
What do you mean by someone 'outside' might see the information? Do you mean family members can see the password and username I use on the forum?

I'm stressed out because I wrote personal things about myself and family and I'm worried they'll see it. What are the chances of my family seeing this information?

I also use the incognito mode whenever I'm on that forum.
What I mean with 'someone outside' is someone outside the site who intentionally spying and infiltrating the site. In another word, this is hacker. Can your family members know your password?. ... I am sure they are not hacker who intentionally spying and infiltrating that forum. So you don't have to worry about it.

Why there is "not secure" that appear on the toolbar?. I will explain.

As we know there are many crimes in the web, which one of most common is financial data stealing like stealing credit card number and its cvv. That's why sites that relate to financial always encrypt the information that received from the users to prevent hackers see this information. However, sites that not relate to financial usually do not encrypt the received information because the owners think they don't need to do it. The "not secure" that you see actually is warning from your computer to tell you that the site does not do encryption for information you send there.

What would happen if a hacker know your password?. He could make posts there with your account. But only this. He still could not know who you are and where you live. So you don't need to extremely worry like this.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.