/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this practice of mine from shaitan?

.alhamdulillah.
05-07-2017, 12:25 PM
I guess when I was beginning to practice Islam, it was important for me to make sure I knew why I was doing what I was...

And of course that is important, but I think that slowly progressed to an unhealthy state where i began to question and ask why for everything, when often times the question would be of no use, even with a good answer.

And one thing that helps me stop that is this thought process...

I can think of reasons why this or that may be, but who am I to say, am I just conjecturing or do I have hardcore evidence? If I don't have the evidence(which is usually the case when I just think of reasons that make sense, but might not be grounded in Islam), then just shut off those thoughts and don't let them in at all... b/c

Is it okay to do that? B/c I hear people of knowledge say to ignore the thoughts, but I guess, when do I know which thoughts to ignore and which not to, if indeed this is something I should be doing?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
new2010
05-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Assalamualaikum,

1. Seek refuge in Allah
2. Only ask questions that are beneficial for yourself - no need for hypothetical questions.
3. Seek authentic knowledge, learn about Aqeedah and shaitan won't be able to whisper anymore, insha Allah.

Best way is indeed to ignore that kind of thoughts - as the schoolars recommend - they will leave, insha Allah. Stick to your five daily prayers, do lot of dhikr and dua. If these fundamentals are not given - especially As-Salah - shaitan has free run.

May Allah bless you and make you steadfast.

Abu Fauzi
05-07-2017, 09:16 PM
As-Salaam alaikum,
New2010 has said it all, in response to Shaytani whisperings alluded to above. Further to same, I wish to observe that all thoughts are of 4 kinds, namely: from Allah, from an angel, from self and from the devil.

The thought which is from Allah, Exalted and Sublime is He, is usually an admonition; that from an angel is an urge towards obedience; thought from the self tends to result in quest of lust; and that from the devil results in adorning disobedience. You/We should, therefore, be mindful and shun all thoughts from the self (egoism) and the devil or Shaytan.

azc
05-08-2017, 01:51 AM
The evils thoughts which disturb your mind or incite you to commit sin, come from shytan, so must be ignored.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.