PDA

View Full Version : Is USA chicken halal



Bobbyflay23
05-08-2017, 09:09 AM
My whole family says the American chicken is zabiha I honestly don't know I quite eating chicken but I miss it and eating strictly tuna is annoying I researched it and see some videos of chickens getting abused and stuff but my family says that's from years ago and now there's laws but like it was only a few years ago I just don't know I'm sure the American polutry for chicken is the same as in over country's such as London so could u guys tell me if you guys think it's zabiha halal or not and give me reasoning and stuff
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-08-2017, 09:30 AM
You have to ask this question from the shop you buy your chicken. Nobody can know if every chicken there is halal or not.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-08-2017, 09:30 AM
Nvm I found a fatwa for it https://islamqa.info/en/88206
Reply

Umm♥Layth
05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
Nope. Not only is it not halal, they generally feed animals garbage and pump them with hormones which affect health.

I hope you aren't just eating tuna out of cans. Tuna is a large fish and large fish contain higher amounts of mercury which will affect your health and aggravate symptoms of existing conditions.

Find a good supplier of halal, humanely raised meat. You'll have to shop around, but it is widely available in the US.
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
AbdurRahman.
05-08-2017, 03:00 PM
if chicken is bought from halal place than we can just trust it as halal

however best to buy chicken from place certified as halal by halal certification authorities; places that stun the chicken before zabiha is best avoided as a person working in one of those places say about 20 out of hundred chicken die from just the stunning alone
Reply

Supernova
05-08-2017, 04:35 PM
I never knew chicken comes in nationalities.
I wonder if they carry passports too.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
05-08-2017, 04:44 PM
lmaooo
Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
I never knew chicken comes in nationalities.
I wonder if they carry passports too.
Reply

sister herb
05-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
I never knew chicken comes in nationalities.
I wonder if they carry passports too.
Oh they do. They also speak different languages in different countries.

For example, in Finland chickens say "kot kot". :giggling:
Reply

Supernova
05-08-2017, 04:56 PM
Originally Posted by sister herb
Oh they do. They also speak different languages in different countries.

For example, in Finland chickens say "kot kot". :giggling:
Ah !!
So that explains why I saw a chicken running around with a Viking Helmet.
Oooop!! I forgot that Viking is actually a Verb LoL
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-08-2017, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
I never knew chicken comes in nationalities.
I wonder if they carry passports too.
[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-08-2017, 05:07 PM
Originally Posted by Umm[emoji813
Layth;2961134]Nope. Not only is it not halal, they generally feed animals garbage and pump them with hormones which affect health.

I hope you aren't just eating tuna out of cans. Tuna is a large fish and large fish contain higher amounts of mercury which will affect your health and aggravate symptoms of existing conditions.

Find a good supplier of halal, humanely raised meat. You'll have to shop around, but it is widely available in the US.
Nah according to the fatwa I can eat chicken but it meat because American law states it has to be unconscious to be slaughtered and also all polutry in America is cutting chicken upside down and letting the blood come out so according to the fatwa it's zabiha but what your saying is true about the garage stuff but it's not like I eat low quality chicken unless it's mcdonalds
Reply

noraina
05-08-2017, 05:08 PM
Oh chickens do have nationalities - my very British hens are always grumbling and complaining and heaven forbid if you invade their personal space! They remind me of fussy Victorian ladies, lol.

Seriously, however, you cannot buy chicken or any animal product (apart from fish) from just anywhere. It needs to be certified halal and ask around in'sha'Allah to be certain, the food we eat does not just impact our health but our soul as well.

And as Umm Layth has said, the commercial meat industry today is far from desirable, factory-farming is terrifying. We need to ensure our food is not just halal but also tayyib (pure), it is better for the environment, ourselves, and the animals involved. Even the animals we will eat deserve compassion and a happy life whilst they are alive.
Reply

Supernova
05-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
lmaooo
This can get very complex !!!
What if an "American" chicken goes over to Mexico and then lays an egg there and it hatches ?

Dear Allah !!!
Would the new born chick be considered Mexican.
Can it claim dual Nationality ?
Would it be allowed an ancestral visa?
Would Trump even let that chicken back ?

Who would crack this case?
Reply

sister herb
05-08-2017, 05:41 PM
Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Ah !!
So that explains why I saw a chicken running around with a Viking Helmet.
Oooop!! I forgot that Viking is actually a Verb LoL
They were going to viking (what ever it means) the fox nest at the nearby forest.

Reply

Umm♥Layth
05-08-2017, 11:09 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Nah according to the fatwa I can eat chicken but it meat because American law states it has to be unconscious to be slaughtered and also all polutry in America is cutting chicken upside down and letting the blood come out so according to the fatwa it's zabiha but what your saying is true about the garage stuff but it's not like I eat low quality chicken unless it's mcdonalds
You can eat meat from people of the book, but people in America are NOT people of the book in actuality, you have to consider this and this is where Muslims who eat everywhere and anywhere are very very wrong. You can't make the fatwa into something it is not, but Muslims take it and run with it ALL.THE.TIME.

Name me one of the popular meat or poultry companies that supply major grocery lines and restaurants that are ACTUALLY Christian or Jewish who practice and respect the laws of their religion. The Jewish and Christian religions were much more clean/pure 1400 years ago than they are today, so using a hadeeth that was captured in a time like this cannot be used ignorantly. You have to think of where society stands today. There are still well practicing Christins and and Jews, but they are not easy to find. You definitely can't find them at McDonald's.

All you have to do is look at how animals are raised and how they are treated before and during slaughter. A heart who loves and fears Allah will know instantly if this meat is permissible or not.

No practicing Muslim, Christian or Jew would ever EVER abuse animals the way these big meat companies do.

I get all my chicken from a Christian Mennonite farm, so please trust me here. It is a thoroughly researched subject on my end ;) do what you will, but people take on characteristics of the foods they put in their mouths. The sahaba were absolutely careful with every morsel they ate because they understood the deep spiritual impact food source has on a human.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-09-2017, 12:47 AM
Originally Posted by Umm[emoji813
Layth;2961182]You can eat meat from people of the book, but people in America are NOT people of the book in actuality, you have to consider this and this is where Muslims who eat everywhere and anywhere are very very wrong. You can't make the fatwa into something it is not, but Muslims take it and run with it ALL.THE.TIME.

Name me one of the popular meat or poultry companies that supply major grocery lines and restaurants that are ACTUALLY Christian or Jewish who practice and respect the laws of their religion. The Jewish and Christian religions were much more clean/pure 1400 years ago than they are today, so using a hadeeth that was captured in a time like this cannot be used ignorantly. You have to think of where society stands today. There are still well practicing Christins and and Jews, but they are not easy to find. You definitely can't find them at McDonald's.

All you have to do is look at how animals are raised and how they are treated before and during slaughter. A heart who loves and fears Allah will know instantly if this meat is permissible or not.

No practicing Muslim, Christian or Jew would ever EVER abuse animals the way these big meat companies do.

I get all my chicken from a Christian Mennonite farm, so please trust me here. It is a thoroughly researched subject on my end ;) do what you will, but people take on characteristics of the foods they put in their mouths. The sahaba were absolutely careful with every morsel they ate because they understood the deep spiritual impact food source has on a human.
Ok no mcdonalds but I know subway raises there chickens well and stuff like they're known for that and btw when you say people of the book I don't understand because if they say in the name of jesus (as) then the food is invalidated so if they arnt doing any ritual thing it has nothing to do with religion it the people of the book are khaffir so other people such as aethists are also within that so as long as the chicken is slaughtered while it's stunned upside down sharp blade and blood comes out and they arnt abuses then it's all good but idk I watched some McDonald's videos and yes the way they raise them is bad buuut isn't it about how they slaughter the animal I know it's not good for me but I'm on a diet anyways because I go to the gym now I'd probably only eat it ounce every 2 months or somthing so idk according to the ruling it seems okay because the chickens are slaughtered in halal mannor but arnt raised correctly I agree I stopped eating USA chicken because i thought it's haram even though everybody said it's not and nownlooking at the scholary opinions it seems okay
Reply

Aaqib
05-09-2017, 12:47 AM
I've heard that Tyron or something like that company simply cut the chicken's neck and let the blood ooze out... majority Christian place here so I eat chicken here all the time.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-09-2017, 12:54 AM
Originally Posted by Aaqib
I've heard that Tyron or something like that company simply cut the chicken's neck and let the blood ooze out... majority Christian place here so I eat chicken here all the time.
Yea that was before the American laws where implemented I believe and they fired the branches that did that I watched that video it was disgusting and Like the chicken was still alive ahh whyd you have to remind of that also before someone replys about that that rarly happens and since it rarly happens it's okay because there's a Hadith that the fatwa specified about how if you don't know how it was slaughtered then just eat because Muhammad saw ate from the Jews like that the scholars ended up ruling because of this Hadith in non Muslim lands the same applies since rarly do that since it's inefficient
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-09-2017, 12:59 AM
Idk I'm willing to not eat it but there doesn't to seem to be any reason for it to be haram so I don't understand if I can find just one reason that has some backing then I won't eat any American chicken
Reply

Bobbyflay23
05-09-2017, 06:13 AM
Update : I ate mcdonalds over night and idk after I ate it I realized it tasted gross it used to taste good though maybe it's because I've been eating strictly healthy food for the past few months and only products labeled halal I think I'm gonna stick with the old products I've been eating
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
This can get very complex !!!
What if an "American" chicken goes over to Mexico and then lays an egg there and it hatches ?

Dear Allah !!!
Would the new born chick be considered Mexican.
Can it claim dual Nationality ?
Would it be allowed an ancestral visa?
Would Trump even let that chicken back ?

Who would crack this case?
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 11-14-2018, 03:54 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-22-2015, 09:37 AM
  3. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:43 PM
  4. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 02-06-2008, 02:53 PM
  5. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-05-2008, 11:45 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!