/* */

PDA

View Full Version : First day wearing hijab

cinnamonrolls1
05-08-2017, 10:52 AM
salam all, i know this may be a stupid post as tons of ppl start wearing hijab everyday but this is my first day at a new school and im the only hijabi in my year, i was really worried lol but alhamdullilah its fine and everything is going well.
Sorry for the kind of useless/stupid post

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Salam alaykum

No, it´s not stupid or useless post at all but very good one. It may inspire others whose right now are pondering would they too start to use hijab or not. And it gives us others possibility to congratulate for your for great decision of using hijab.

;)

azc
05-08-2017, 01:18 PM
:wa: May Allah swt keep you steadfast . Ameen...

talibilm
05-08-2017, 02:15 PM
:sl:

A step in the right direction to Piety.

Its not a stupid post, beta.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
cinnamonrolls1
05-08-2017, 03:01 PM
Thank you for all the lovely replies!! May allah swt bless/reward you all :)))

Supernova
05-08-2017, 05:34 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
salam all, i know this may be a stupid post as tons of ppl start wearing hijab everyday but this is my first day at a new school and im the only hijabi in my year, i was really worried lol but alhamdullilah its fine and everything is going well.
MashAllah
Its not only an achievement for you - but will also become an inspiration for sisters who want to wear Hijab AND a reminder for brothers that they also have a role in supporting Sisters that wear it.

One for All, and All for one.

Sakina'141
05-09-2017, 12:44 AM
:wa:

MashaAllah! Well Done sister! I know how you are feeling, its not easy being the only girl to wear the hijab in your year/school/workplace. But we are all rewarded for our struggles to please of Allah alone so don't care about any negativity you get from ignorant people for practising modesty according to your values and belief.

May Allah swt reward you for your efforts, Ameen. Well Done! :)

Sakina'141
05-09-2017, 01:00 AM
My view on clothes in Western schools/workplace is basically this:

If this society accept girls to wear tight short skirts and tops and accept flirting with with boys/men then they must also equally accept hijab and modest dress code & behaviour.

Remember that modesty/hijab is not just wearing a cloth but it is also modesty in character. And Its not right that just because one practices modesty, some think you are strange, anti-social/quiet and there will always be a bad girl/boy who will say you "lack/have no personality" just because you don't agree and won't join them in their bad behaviour of constantly flirting and talking unnecessarily with boys and also going out with them...its always awkward when these girls/boys are fellow muslims. Just say to Each to their own, Each to their own, let them do whatever they want to do when they fully know what is haram and you do what you know is right in the eyes of God. May Allah guide them and guide us too in the right path that earns Allah's pleasure, Ameen.

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 06:57 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakina'17
My view on clothes in Western schools/workplace is basically this:

If this society accept girls to wear tight short skirts and tops and accept flirting with with boys/men then they must also equally accept hijab and modest dress code & behaviour.

Remember that modesty/hijab is not just wearing a cloth but it is also modesty in character. And Its not right that just because one practices modesty, some think you are strange, anti-social/quiet and there will always be a bad girl/boy who will say you "lack/have no personality" just because you don't agree and won't join them in their bad behaviour of constantly flirting and talking unnecessarily with boys and also going out with them...its always awkward when these girls/boys are fellow muslims. Just say to Each to their own, Each to their own, let them do whatever they want to do when they fully know what is haram and you do what you know is right in the eyes of God. May Allah guide them and guide us too in the right path that earns Allah's pleasure, Ameen.
Yep I totally agree. At the end of the day its their choice to dress/act the way they do and its mines to be modest. Thank you for the lovely message above!

Sakina'141
05-09-2017, 02:12 PM
Yep I totally agree. At the end of the day its their choice to dress/act the way they do and its mines to be modest. Thank you for the lovely message above!
Yes exactly. Each to their own...nothing wrong with being shy and modest and there is nothing wrong with being outgoing and extroverted...people should stop trying to change the nature of people by insulting and advising them to be "more confident & extroverted" or "should be more modest and shy".

There is nothing wrong with being an extroverted muslima as long as she's not flirting and going out on dates with boys.

Some muslim men are so idiotic that they think that just because a muslima has an outgoing and extroverted personality, she's immodest but that is ridiculous, they can be loud and bubbly around their family/friends...there's nothing immodest/wrong with that. I have many extroverted muslim girl friends like that who are outgoing and modest who know their boundries.

It's only immodest if a muslima is joking and flirting around with a boy for no reason other than just flirting and getting herself into a emotional relationship with a boy which then leads to haram romantic relationship.

Introverted girls and boys can get themselves into that situation as much as extroverted ones and they can't say "we were just friends...didn't mean for it to end up in romantic relationship"...come on, no one is that naive, not even the most innocent shy girls knows what happens when you get friendly and flirt with a boy and those girls are not fooling anyone. People have eyes and they will spread what they see.

Only a really good muslim would overlook the behaviour, keep quiet and intentionally not speak about what they witnessed just to defend/not tarnish another muslim's reputation...the reward for conciously not backbitting & gossiping about fellow immodest muslim behaviour/acts they witnessed is from Allah alone. But the thing I have learnt is that I may try to defend them with million excuses/innocent lies but the Society won't and such gossip spread like wild fire in communities. May Allah swt guide us all away from all evils including evil commited by our tongues, Ameen.

Grandad
05-09-2017, 02:59 PM
As-Salāmu ‘alaykum wa Rahmatullāhi wa Barakātuhu.

Good for you, sister. Your post is not stupid at all…far from it.

May Allāh (Subḥānahu ūta'āla) reward you.

PS: Please please please reconsider your user name. You see, I’m supposed to be on a diet (much needed I can tell you) and cinnamon rolls are a favourite of mine.....such a temptation :Emoji14:

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 03:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad

PS: Please please please reconsider your user name. You see, I’m supposed to be on a diet (much needed I can tell you) and cinnamon rolls are a favourite of mine.....such a temptation :Emoji14:
Thank you! And ditch the diet and eat all the good food! Just kidding. :))

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 03:13 PM

May Allah swt bless/reward u as well

Grandad
05-09-2017, 06:16 PM
Thank you! And ditch the diet and eat all the good food! Just kidding. :))
What’s this? I beg you to change your username because of my weakness for cinnamon rolls, and you send me TWO posts…twice the temptation. :o

Then you say I can ditch my diet and scoff all the yummy grub I want :p but then you say that you’re only kidding! Arghhhh. imsad

Have the youth of today no mercy??

On the other hand…you did wish me a blessing, so ok…you are forgiven……but only just, mind...only just.

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 06:54 PM
What’s this? I beg you to change your username because of my weakness for cinnamon rolls, and you send me TWO posts…twice the temptation. :o

Then you say I can ditch my diet and scoff all the yummy grub I want[emoji14]but then you say that you’re only kidding! Arghhhh. imsad

On the other hand…you did wish me a blessing, so ok…you are forgiven……but only just, mind...only just.
Hahahahah lol

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 09:17 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Sakina'17
Yes exactly. Each to their own...nothing wrong with being shy and modest and there is nothing wrong with being outgoing and extroverted...people should stop trying to change the nature of people by insulting and advising them to be "more confident & extroverted" or "should be more modest and shy".

There is nothing wrong with being an extroverted muslima as long as she's not flirting and going out on dates with boys.

Some muslim men are so idiotic that they think that just because a muslima has an outgoing and extroverted personality, she's immodest but that is ridiculous, they can be loud and bubbly around their family/friends...there's nothing immodest/wrong with that. I have many extroverted muslim girl friends like that who are outgoing and modest who know their boundries.

It's only immodest if a muslima is joking and flirting around with a boy for no reason other than just flirting and getting herself into a emotional relationship with a boy which then leads to haram romantic relationship.

Introverted girls and boys can get themselves into that situation as much as extroverted ones and they can't say "we were just friends...didn't mean for it to end up in romantic relationship"...come on, no one is that naive, not even the most innocent shy girls knows what happens when you get friendly and flirt with a boy and those girls are not fooling anyone. People have eyes and they will spread what they see.

Only a really good muslim would overlook the behaviour, keep quiet and intentionally not speak about what they witnessed just to defend/not tarnish another muslim's reputation...the reward for conciously not backbitting & gossiping about fellow immodest muslim behaviour/acts they witnessed is from Allah alone. But the thing I have learnt is that I may try to defend them with million excuses/innocent lies but the Society won't and such gossip spread like wild fire in communities. May Allah swt guide us all away from all evils including evil commited by our tongues, Ameen.
Yep exactly, im an outgoing person, i always have been, i just dont hang around with boys outside of school and dont flirt anything in school so its all good lol. I think people sometimes get suprised when they see how extroverted i am.

cinnamonrolls1
05-09-2017, 09:20 PM

Then you say I can ditch my diet and scoff all the yummy grub I want[emoji14]but then you say that you’re only kidding! Arghhhh. imsad

In all seriousness though, i dont agree with diets tbh because it can get out of hand. Just like calorie counting, as long as you eat relatively healthy(although thats not much coming from me, i love junk food) and excersise then there really is no need for a diet.

Grandad
05-09-2017, 10:02 PM
In all seriousness though, i dont agree with diets tbh because it can get out of hand. Just like calorie counting, as long as you eat relatively healthy(although thats not much coming from me, i love junk food) and excersise then there really is no need for a diet.
Yup, no doubt about it...exercise is the key. This is why I raise and lower my eyelids one hundred times every morning, first thing. And if I really push myself, by fixing a paperclip to each lid, I can just about do fifty. Not bad for an old 'un, eh?

Honestly, everything I could do at seventeen I can still do at seventy-one. Just goes to show what a wreck I was at seventeen.

cinnamonrolls1
05-10-2017, 02:51 PM
Yup, no doubt about it...exercise is the key. This is why I raise and lower my eyelids one hundred times every morning, first thing. And if I really push myself, by fixing a paperclip to each lid, I can just about do fifty. Not bad for an old 'un, eh?

Honestly, everything I could do at seventeen I can still do at seventy-one. Just goes to show what a wreck I was at seventeen.
Lol, i bet you werent even that bad

Grandad
05-10-2017, 03:14 PM
Lol, i bet you werent even that bad
Errrr..mmmmm...too long ago to remember!

Sakina'141
05-10-2017, 04:25 PM
Yep exactly, im an outgoing person, i always have been, i just dont hang around with boys outside of school and dont flirt anything in school so its all good lol. I think people sometimes get suprised when they see how extroverted i am.
Yes exactly, nothing wrong with being extroverted...you are like my friend, very happy and bubbly personality but she's not a fool...won't become friends with or hang out with bunch of guys...she's not naive but I suppose there are some who are and don't seem to understand the development of relatiionship between a boy and girl.

I say stay smart until you are actually ready for marriage then you can get your family &good friends involved to hunt down a potential someone you are interested in! :) In the meantime, stay busy with your school work and girl friends then you won't have time to get yourself into haram relationships..ending up being centre of gossip & love triangles. I don't know why some people want to complicate ther life more with all these dramas...may be their home life is not very exciting enough, may be they are very bored and may be school work is too easy/not challenging enough. I don't know and its really none of my business and I never understood why in life other ppl make it their business to spread bad gossip about others. Unfortunately, you can't really change the nature of people although one can try. Stay focused on yourself and improving yourself and helping others, that's all you need to do in life, help people and be a good person, don't need to get involved in anything else.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.