/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Aqeedah for layman

BASIM
05-10-2017, 12:38 PM
Assalamu alikum ,
I was in a terrible situation right now ,I wanted to learn aqeedah deeply so I read a lot of books about it and read from many forums .I thought by doing so I could purify my heart I was ignorant about issues of aqeedah .I started to read many books and first it was good I learned a lot but later it became hard for me because lot of attribute mentioned there and I don't know which one is authentic which one is not ,lot of ambiguous matters so when I asked people they said I need to affirm what ever found in quran and sunnah if I not affirm it,then it will become kufur so I tried hard to go different sources and figured out about attributes some attributes affirm some scholars but some do not affirm them .This are making me so much confused .I don't know if I believed any wrong attribute for Allah or denied any of his Attribute .so right now I want to go back to my previous state I want assure myself I am 100% a muslim ,I sincerely believe in Allah and his messenger I believe in all his names and attributes in a perfect manner if I say shahada and avoid my self thinking about attributes can I become a muslim back if I done any kufur in my past ? Jazzak Allah Khairn

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-10-2017, 03:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by BASIM
Assalamu alikum ,
I was in a terrible situation right now ,I wanted to learn aqeedah deeply so I read a lot of books about it and read from many forums .I thought by doing so I could purify my heart I was ignorant about issues of aqeedah .I started to read many books and first it was good I learned a lot but later it became hard for me because lot of attribute mentioned there and I don't know which one is authentic which one is not ,lot of ambiguous matters so when I asked people they said I need to affirm what ever found in quran and sunnah if I not affirm it,then it will become kufur so I tried hard to go different sources and figured out about attributes some attributes affirm some scholars but some do not affirm them .This are making me so much confused .I don't know if I believed any wrong attribute for Allah or denied any of his Attribute .so right now I want to go back to my previous state I want assure myself I am 100% a muslim ,I sincerely believe in Allah and his messenger I believe in all his names and attributes in a perfect manner if I say shahada and avoid my self thinking about attributes can I become a muslim back if I done any kufur in my past ? Jazzak Allah Khairn
Asalaamualaykum:
Aqeeda for a layman can be found in the 5 Kalimas, Imaan-e-mujmal, Imaan-e-Mufasal. Add to that the 99 Attributes of Allah SWT and that should suffice.

If you take the basic level to lets say medium level, You will end of with a few questions, and that can even go to an advanced level.

It all depends how far you want to go with it. What i mentioned in the first paragraph is sufficient.

Please be careful about this topic as some groups use it to scaremonger simiple muslims into a mental paralysis about it introducing layman to issues beyond their capacity.

It is for this reason that majority of Muslims just settle with what is mentioned in paragraph 1. Any further intent to learn more about the issue, should be done under an Aalim/a.

Wasalaam.

azc
05-10-2017, 03:29 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
Asalaamualaykum:
Aqeeda for a layman can be found in the 5 Kalimas, Imaan-e-mujmal, Imaan-e-Mufasal. Add to that the 99 Attributes of Allah SWT and that should suffice.

If you take the basic level to lets say medium level, You will end of with a few questions, and that can even go to an advanced level.

It all depends how far you want to go with it. What i mentioned in the first paragraph is sufficient.

Please be careful about this topic as some groups use it to scaremonger simiple muslims into a mental paralysis about it introducing layman to issues beyond their capacity.

It is for this reason that majority of Muslims just settle with what is mentioned in paragraph 1. Any further intent to learn more about the issue, should be done under an Aalim/a.

Wasalaam.
:sl: bro

Good reply. Also I don't delve into this matter

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.