/* */

PDA

View Full Version : What should I do if I forget the steps in Salaat?

littlelearner
05-10-2017, 04:50 PM
Asalam-alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, I have started to pray more often and regularly, but I am worried about what to do when I forget the next step (or even some words) during the salaat. Any advice for this please?

I am aware that I can strengthen my salaat with practice outside salaat times, but I would still like to know what to do in the above case.

Jazakallah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Supernova
05-10-2017, 06:09 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by littlelearner
Asalam-alaikum,

Alhamdulillah, I have started to pray more often and regularly, but I am worried about what to do when I forget the next step (or even some words) during the salaat. Any advice for this please?

I am aware that I can strengthen my salaat with practice outside salaat times, but I would still like to know what to do in the above case.

Jazakallah.
Asalaamualaykum
It depends which steps you miss in the salaah.
Not every part of a Salaah has an equal jurisprudence ruling.
Wasalaam.

AabiruSabeel
05-10-2017, 06:44 PM
:sl:

As the brother above said, there are different parts or actions in Salah and each of them have different category. Please see this post for details on the pre-requisites, the arkaan (pillars), waajibaat and sunan of Salah: Basics of Prayer

If you miss a pre-requisite or a rukn (a pillar) of Salah, you will have to repeat your prayer completely. If you miss or forget a Wajib, then you have to make two extra prostrations of forgetfulness at the end. But if you involuntarily miss a Sunnah action of prayer, then you don't have to do anything, the prayer will be valid :ia:.

Muslimah inshal
05-10-2017, 06:48 PM
Brother I think there are a lot of threads in IB that talks about it .

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Muslimah inshal
05-10-2017, 06:50 PM
I made the similar question as you . Check this one :

Mistakes in Salah ( prayer ) .
Mistakes in Salah ( prayer ) .

Muslimah inshal
05-10-2017, 06:55 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by littlelearner
Asalam-alaikum,

Jazakallah.
And please also see this one :)

AbdurRahman.
05-10-2017, 09:11 PM
:wa:

brother here is a link that will give you step by step guide to prayer and also how to make up for big mistakes in prayer:

http://www.inter-islam.org/Actions/Part1.html

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.