/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Where does the words in the prayer come from?

.alhamdulillah.
05-13-2017, 11:43 AM
Everything we recite, and the structure of the prayer, where is it all from? I've tried looking in Sahih Bukhari, and I haven't found it, but it may because I'm not qualified to look through it and may be missing something.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
05-14-2017, 06:41 AM
Will you make your query more specific?

Supernova
05-14-2017, 06:51 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
Everything we recite, and the structure of the prayer, where is it all from? I've tried looking in Sahih Bukhari, and I haven't found it, but it may because I'm not qualified to look through it and may be missing something.
Asalaamualaykum

Yup You're not qualified.

Yup you're missing something.

Nope - The entire of Islam is not found in just Sahih Bukhari.
There are plenty other Sahih collections or collections that have Sahih hadith in it.

Wasalaam.

greenhill
05-14-2017, 10:22 AM
That is a very good question. I have often wondered about it and until I find something that tells me otherwise (which I am quite certain there would not be one answering it as specifically as the OP asks), I believe the answer comes from mainly the fact that the teachings of islam is the continuation from the previous Books.

If you watched how the Jews performs their prayers, it resembles very much like how islam practices it. Even Jesus was described to have put his head to the ground in worship (I presume it would also resemble the sujood position).... hence the routine was already established (in my humble opinion)...

However, certain refinements were added over time of the ho;y prophet pbuh, like the number of prayers, its time, the number of rakaah, the direction of the Qibla, and I would guess that the atahiyyah was introduced after israk mi'raj, too (as I said, I am just guessing).. but all these little bits of info I get along the way helps me build a picture of the possible progression to things. Correct me if I am in obvious error, please!

:peace:

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.