/* */

PDA

View Full Version : How can I go from crying in the masjid to feelings of kufr in one week......

.alhamdulillah.
05-13-2017, 11:15 PM
I just don't get it. I was just balling my eyes out, maybe cuz of what I have done in the past and it hit me, and I was just really feeling more iman at that point for a week or so, and now I just have thoughts of kufr....

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-13-2017, 11:24 PM
Assalamu ALaikum

Our iman fluctuates, this is normal. And also whenever we bring ourselves to changing, Shaitain tries his best to keep us from being better. It's only when you are firm on your faith that he leaves you alone.

Al Hasan (rahimahu allah) said, "If shaitan saw you consistently obeying Allah, he will seek you time and time again. If he sees your consistency, he grows weary of you and rejects you. If you changed, however, each and every time, then he begins to have hope in you."

azc
05-14-2017, 06:37 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by .alhamdulillah.
I just don't get it. I was just balling my eyes out, maybe cuz of what I have done in the past and it hit me, and I was just really feeling more iman at that point for a week or so, and now I just have thoughts of kufr....
Not to worry. It's an integral part of momin's life

Serinity
05-14-2017, 09:31 AM
:salam:

Remember Allah :swt: at good times, and He :swt: will remember you at difficult times.

Allahu alam.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
05-15-2017, 12:25 AM
Feelings of kufr come to the best Muslims because Sheyton doesn't feel the need to go and destroy someone who allready is on the wrong path you find it that there are Muslims who believe in allah with no feelings of kufr but sin so much but people who have extreme iman have to fight there feelings of kufr so much compared to them these thoughts don't belong to you and as long as u don't believe them your good

Samiul123
05-15-2017, 01:06 AM
Do not worry, .alhamdulillah. and do not give up, shaytan cannot do much harm on god's obedient slaves.

Serinity
05-15-2017, 06:28 AM

With my OCD it is just 10x times worse. It is a never-ending battle to death. May Allah :swt: free us from these kufr thoughts. Ameen.

Allahu alam

.alhamdulillah.
05-15-2017, 02:24 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Serinity

With my OCD it is just 10x times worse. It is a never-ending battle to death. May Allah :swt: free us from these kufr thoughts. Ameen.

Allahu alam
I will say this, since I've been really trying to ignore shaitan, the OCD has gotten tons better. Just have to clear your mind and try not to think almost, that helps me.

Funny though, I take it as a sign from Allah, because my OCD only started once I started practicing Islam....

Also, to maybe help your OCD, especially if it comes to cleanliness, in one of my classes we learned that "modern" societies are becoming too clean by all the anti-bacterials and chemicals and excessive hand/body washing that we use. And they are in fact leading to higher cases of asthma, allergies, and other issues possibly too, because most of the bacteria we are killing is actually bacteria we need to expose ourselves to, primarily at a young age. Doesn't mean to become filthy either lol... just follow the Prophets way of hygiene.

It's called the hygiene hypothesis, look into to if that helps you. Ever since then, I've just not been excessive in cleanliness, if a plates a little spots on it, my hands a bit sticky, or just whatever, I don't care...

*charisma*
05-15-2017, 02:50 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I want to mention to both of you that OCD is not something that happens all of a sudden. It's something which develops. When you focus on an action/situation and you dwell on it to the point it affects your daily life, it becomes OCD. You gave it life because that's where you put your focus. In the attempt to advance yourselves in the deen, you instead get stuck.

.alhamdulillah.
05-15-2017, 02:53 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I want to mention to both of you that OCD is not something that happens all of a sudden. It's something which develops. When you focus on an action/situation and you dwell on it to the point it affects your daily life, it becomes OCD. You gave it life because that's where you put your focus. In the attempt to advance yourselves in the deen, you instead get stuck.
I totally agree with this, and I think for me it got to become OCD, because I wasn't even realizing what I was doing were OCD tendencies..... And they of course first started in worldly things, and then moved onto deen..... If that is indeed how shaytan works....man, Allah protect us from him....... like I didn't even know I was falling into the trap until it was too late...

AbdurRahman.
05-15-2017, 02:54 PM
you have to get used to not think about kufr; may years? of such bad habits wouldn't go so quickly, so engage your mind in other thoughts; best zikr and overtime them thoughts should go

noor grant
05-17-2017, 01:31 PM
May you find ease and peace from your suffering. ameen
i like www.mounthira.com for helping me build eman again when its low. I put on the recitiation on repeat and listen while im crafting.
I hope you find an outlet to distract you too.
take care

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.