/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Cursing

Bobbyflay23
05-15-2017, 05:34 AM
In English curse words have lost there meaning and arnt considered rude anymore people even use the word there are few words people still find offensive such as n***er c**nt and such and such so would this mean the other words such as s**t which arnt considered very bad anymore or d**mn or even f**k because like I've gone to my friends house and it's at the point where my friends elemntary school brothers are using these words except for the words that are still considered still offensive so can I start to use these words again because I quite using them but I just want to know since in America these words lost there meaning I was thinking maybe f**k is still haram to use but words like s*it is halal to use since they even allow that word on tv I even heard some of my highschool teachers curse at kids

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
05-15-2017, 07:27 AM
If you go to the dictionary it still has it's meaning.
If you ask person what it means they will know.
If you ask people if they are swear words they will agree.

So, just from that we know it's haram.
And then it's not befitting of a muslim to use such vulgar langauge.
We shouldn't imitate haram. X3
Just because a bunch if jaahils do it and it becomes acceptable in a jaahil society doesn't mean it's okay.

Bobbyflay23
05-15-2017, 12:45 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
If you go to the dictionary it still has it's meaning.
If you ask person what it means they will know.
If you ask people if they are swear words they will agree.

So, just from that we know it's haram.
And then it's not befitting of a muslim to use such vulgar langauge.
We shouldn't imitate haram. X3
Just because a bunch if jaahils do it and it becomes acceptable in a jaahil society doesn't mean it's okay.
Ahhh okay I wasn't really thinking it's because of the meaning due to the fact that there's a incident in the Quran where it mentions the sahabbi and calling eachover names but they where names of dignity and honor and there was like a fight about to break out and rasool saw reacted by saying what filthy language are you using so I thought that the reason why filthy language is haram isn't because of the meaning but the intension and how offensive it's considered because I could say poop or sex which have the same meaning but it's not haram to use but sure I'll stay away from it

Zeal
05-15-2017, 01:20 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Ahhh okay I wasn't really thinking it's because of the meaning due to the fact that there's a incident in the Quran where it mentions the sahabbi and calling eachover names but they where names of dignity and honor and there was like a fight about to break out and rasool saw reacted by saying what filthy language are you using so I thought that the reason why filthy language is haram isn't because of the meaning but the intension and how offensive it's considered because I could say poop or sex which have the same meaning but it's not haram to use but sure I'll stay away from it
Foul Language In A Muslim's Life?

by Asma bint Shameem

“What the ———-!” “Hey you, ———-, how are you?” “Where in the ——– have you been?”

If you listen to the conversation of the average Muslim youth talking to each other, unfortunately this is what you will hear…….expletives, bad words and cusses. In fact, foul language is often heard as part of their everyday life at school, universities and work place.

What’s worse is that they use these words without thinking…..without remorse and without even realizing that these words are obscene, filthy or repulsive….using four letter words in every sentence and in every conversation.

Using the words ‘hell’ and calling each other ‘dog’ and ‘gay’ like it’s nothing. And these are some of the more ‘decent’ words. There are other, much worse words that are totally unmentionable. May Allaah protect us.

These people, like their non-Muslim peers, seem to be completely desensitized to the use of fouland offensive words, including many that make others cringe with shame and embarrassment.

Yet, when you reprimand them for using such language, what do they say? “O come on! This is how everyone talks!” or “This is how I ‘express’ myself. or “We don’t mean it in a bad way, we’re just joking around with each other!”

Subhaan Allaah! Calling each other bad names and using foul language!
Since when did that become a ‘joke’? Since when did cussing become part of a Muslim’s vocabulary?

And, sad to say, not only the youth, but even some of the adults are guilty of the same. And, there are some, who may speak very decently under ‘normal’ circumstances, but when they are provoked or they get into a fight with someone, nothing comes out of their mouths except cusses, bad words and filth.

What a stark contrast between this and what the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) used to do.

The behavior of the Prophet (sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam)
Anas bin Malik said:

“The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) was not one who would abuse (others) or say obscene words, or curse (others)…” (Bukhaari)

And Abdullah bin ‘Amr said:

“The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) never used bad languageneither a ‘Faahish nor a Mutafaahish. He used to say ‘The best amongst you are those who have the best manners and character.’ (Bukhaari)

And he (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:

“The believer is not a slanderer, one who curses a great deal, one who indulges in obscenity or who in engages in foul talk.” (Tirmidhi– saheeh by al-Albaani)

What Allaah says about cussing:

“…..nor defame one another, nor insult one another by nicknames. How bad is it, to insult one’s brother after having Faith [i.e. to call your Muslim brother as: “O sinner”, or “O wicked”, etc.]. And whosoever does not repent, then such are indeed Zaalimoon (wrong-doers). (Surah Hujaraat:11)

Hellfire because of cussing:
Realize, dear brother/sister, that using foul language and cussing is a sin, even in joke and this is a characteristic of the people of Hellfire.

The Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said:

“The inmates of Hell are of five types….” And among them he mentioned “…the miser, the liar and those who are in the habit of abusing people and using obscene and foul language.” (Muslim)

And while advising Mu’aadh, (RA), the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) said: “Restrain this,” i.e., your tongue. I (Mu’aadh) said:

O Messenger of Allaah, will we be called to account for what we say? He said: “May your mother be bereft of you, O Mu’aadh! Will people be thrown in Hell on their faces or their noses for anything other than the harvest of their tongues?” (al-Tirmidhi– Saheeh by al-Albaani)

The worst people on the Day of Judgment
Know that people who use bad words and have dirty mouths will be one of the worst people on the Day of Judgment.

“O ‘Aaishah! Have you ever seen me speaking a bad and dirty language? (Remember that) the worst people in Allah’s sight on the Day of Resurrection will be those whom the people desert or leave in order to save themselves from their dirty language or from their transgression.” (Bukhaari)

Cussing is evil
Cussing and swearing is so bad that even the angels cannot tolerate it.

Ibn ‘Abbas said, “Two men defamed one another in the time of the Messenger of Allah, may Allah bless him and grant him peace. One of them reviled the other who remained silent. The Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, remained seated. Then the other man answered him back and the Prophet, may Allah bless him and grant him peace, got up. He was asked, “You got up?” He said, “The angels left, so I left with them. While this man was silent, the angels were answering the one who cursed him. When he answered, the angels left.” (Adab al-Mufrad)

It is a sin
Someone asked:

“What should be done with a person who calls a Muslim a dog, pig, or other offensive word? Is it a sin?”
Imaam an-Nawawi said: “It is a sin and he should be punished (ta’zeer – punishment to be specified by the qaadi/Muslim judge). He also has to repent.” (Fataawa al-Imaam al-Nawawi)

Subhaan Allaah! Being punished for calling your Muslim brother ‘dog’! And yet, we hear our youth calling each other ‘dog’ and ‘nigga’ and much worse, in every sentence, while they think nothing,absolutely nothing of it!
What would Imaam an-Nawawi say if he heard some of the Muslims talking today?!!
What to do?

“Whoever believes in God the Last Day must speak good or keep silent.” (Bukhaari)

1. Remember these beautiful words of the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam) and either speak good or keep quiet.
2. Stay away from foul language, cussing and evil words, because YOU are a Mu’min and a Mumin does not utter filthy words or cuss at anyone.
3. Equally important is to stay away from people who speak such bad language. Because themore you hear it, the more desensitized one becomes to its evil, until a time comes when its not bad anymore.
In the end:
Bad words show disrespect to those being spoken to and a total lack of self-respect. The one who stays away from filthy language is not being a prude or old-fashioned; rather he /she is a Mu’min and a follower of the one with the best manners ever…that is, the Prophet (Sal Allaahu Alaiyhi wa Sallam). Use of such evil words is disrespectful, plain and simple. It is not to be tolerated nor is it an acceptable behavior in Islam.

“Truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them he falls into the Fire of Jahannam, and truly a man utters words to which he attaches no importance, and by them Allah raises him into the Garden.” (Bukhaari)

Not a word does he (or she) utter but there is a watcher by him ready (to record it)’ (Surah Qaaf:18)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Zeal
05-15-2017, 01:25 PM
@Bobbyflay23

This was posted here:
https://www.farhathashmi.com/article...foul-language/

And Dr. Farhat hashmi is a really big female scholar may Allah bless her

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.