/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Wrong intensions

Bobbyflay23
05-16-2017, 04:38 AM
This is a problem I've had for a little while and I'm kindve embarrassed to admit it but Sheyton has influenced my intensions quite a bit when I first became a practicing Muslim I didn't do a single deed for other then allah and now when for example I make a post somtimes I'll think oh people will like me for this knowledgeable post my intension isn't completely contaminated and it's not all the time but still and like for example ounce I led prayer and my family said they liked my recitation and where basically praising me for it and then after that when I was praying by myself and stuff I'd remember those comments and like on top of that my family gives me to much attension because I fast and it's increasing my arrogance rapidly how should I combat it?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-16-2017, 05:35 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I had a friend who I looked up to a lot, so every time he'd teach me something new or do something nice, I'd be like mashallah you're really great etc. Anyways, each time he'd be like, "Ok, but don't praise me"..eventually I was like "what's the problem with me praising you?? you deserve it, you're an awesome person etc"..and he said "because just a small amount of pride could condemn me to hellfire" and he also told me about how Shaitain disobeyed Allah out of arrogance and what happened to him. So subhanallah this post reminded me of that from years and years ago lol.

When someone praises me, I make du'a to myself that Allah make me deserving/worthy of such praise and that shuts down any prideful feelings.

I also keep in mind these two things:

"If you don't have the ability to compete with the pious in righteous deeds, compete with the sinners in seeking Allah's forgiveness." [Ibn Rajab]

Bakr ibn ‘Abdullâh al-Muzanî (rahimahullâh) said, “If you see someone older than you then respect him saying, ‘He has beaten me to Islâm and righteous action.’ If you see someone younger than you then respect him saying to yourself, ‘I have beaten him in sins.'

But in the end there needs to be a balance. You might feel proud about yourself because you've come a long way from where you were before, and that's ok to feel that relief, so as long as you also know that you still have improvements to make. It evens out in the end. It's when you think you don't need to do any good deeds, or you do them just to show off that it becomes a problem. Don't dwell on it so much. If someone says something good about you, it is only based on one thing or one aspect of your character, it's not about all of you. No one truly knows you like Allah does.

talibilm
05-16-2017, 05:58 AM
Bro , :sl:

NONE ENTERS JANNAH WITHOUT THE MERCY OF AR RAHMAN

Muslim :: Book 39 : Hadith 6764 Abu Huraira reported Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: None amongst you can get. into Paradise by virtue of his deeds alone. They said: Allah's Messenger, not even you? Thereupon he said: Not even I, but that Allah should wrap me in His Grace and Mercy

.Muslim :: Book 39 : Hadith 6769 Jabir reported: I heard Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him) as saying: None of you would get into Paradise because of his good deeds alone, and he would not be rescued from Fire, not even I, but because of the Mercy of Allah.

Muslim :: Book 39 : Hadith 6770 A'isha, the wife of Allah's Apostle (may peace be upon him), reported that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) used to say: Observe moderation (in doing deeds), and if you fail to observe it perfectly, try to do as much as you can do (to live up to this ideal of moderation) and be happy for none would be able to get into Paradise because of his deeds alone. They (the Companions of the Holy Prophet) said: Allah's Messenger, not even thou? Thereupon he said:Not even I, but that Allah wraps me in His Mercy, and bear this in mind that the deed loved most by Allah is one which is done constantly even though it is insignificant.''

Always remind yourselves about the above hadith and say that if you are doing something good now its only because of Allah Mercy on you (qadr) and we dedicate ALL OUR ACTIONS TO ALLAH ALONE (as in Tashahud - read its meaning) and though you get people's approval fear Whether Allah has accepted it or not ?? Its said even a Person does ibadah all his life without break still he will not be enough to thank the Niyamah or Gifts of Allah on us.
and keep reciting this verse http://legacy.quran.com/6/162 with its meaning in your Mind and pray to Allah for the PUREST iklass

''

Bobbyflay23
05-16-2017, 06:21 AM
Thank both talibilm and charisma for the advice is there any other ways for me to gain humility

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
05-16-2017, 06:23 AM
Everybody knows what qualities he has but important thing is that he shouldn't assume himself superior to others.
All his best qualities or deeds are useless if Allah swt doesn't accept.
And who is accepted as obedient servant in the court of Allah swt, we don't know.

*charisma*
05-17-2017, 01:09 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Thank both talibilm and charisma for the advice is there any other ways for me to gain humility
Familiarize yourself with the companions of the prophet pbuh and the people who surrounded him, or even the prophets' lives. I think when you read their stories it will really humble you.

Bobbyflay23
05-17-2017, 02:16 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Familiarize yourself with the companions of the prophet pbuh and the people who surrounded him, or even the prophets' lives. I think when you read their stories it will really humble you.
Ok I'll Check that out thankyou again

Simple_Person
05-17-2017, 06:41 AM
Brother every time somebody praises you, you notice them about Allah to be praised, instead of you to be praised for it.

So in other words, your voice..is NOT your voice..it is thanks to Allah, your tongue to recite..is not yours..rather thanks to Allah, your eyes to read..it is Allah Who has given you..so thanks to Allah, your brain to process..it is thanks to Allah, your ability to read..it is thanks to Allah, your memory..again thanks to Allah..NOTHING is yours and NOT even 1 THING you are to be praised. It belongs to Allah and ONLY Allah is to be praised for it. The ONLY thing that belongs to us is our good action and EVEN THAT is thanks to Allah for His guidance. When looking from such a perspective whatever happens you bring yourself back to reality and humbleness...

"[Dhul-Qarnayn] said, "This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord comes, He will make it level, and ever is the promise of my Lord true." Qur'an 18:98

He did NOT say..this is thanks to me and mercy from me..rather he praised Allah for it and if you like i already said look from that perspective you come to know of the power Allah has given him, the guidance Allah has given him, the material Allah has given him, the knowledge Allah has given him.. nothing belongs to himself, rather it is Allah to be thanked for.

In'sha'Allah you can benefit from these sentences as even the good advice that "we" are giving you is thanks to Allah for his guidance as well for knowledge and wisdom. ALHAMDULILLAH.

Bobbyflay23
05-17-2017, 06:50 AM
Thank you this was very helpful I'm sure it will help me out when I pray from now on when I say alhumdillahrabillameen because I'll think about this stuff

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.