/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Hadith referred on website Islamhelpline.net

Muhammad.bhatti
05-16-2017, 03:28 PM
I saw an Hadith referenced on the subject website as below:

Your Question: Is dying of hair allowed?
The Messenger of Allah (saws) himself, and some of his closest companions used to dye their hair with henna and/or katam.

Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 1.167 Narrated by Ubaid Ibn Juraij
And about the dyeing of hair with Henna; no doubt I saw the Messenger of Allah (saws) dyeing his hair with it and that is why I like to dye (my hair with it).

while i searched for this Hadith # 1167, i found a different Hadith, not for the subject referenced

Please advise the authentication of the website referenced.
Jazak Allah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
05-16-2017, 04:34 PM
:salam:

It is actually this Hadith:

Narrated `Ubaid Ibn Juraij :ra::
I asked `Abdullah bin `Umar :ra:, "O Abu `Abdur-Rahman! I saw you doing four things which I never saw being done by anyone of you companions?" `Abdullah bin `Umar said, "What are those, O Ibn Juraij?" I said, "I never saw you touching any corner of the Ka`ba except these (two) facing south (Yemen) and I saw you wearing shoes made of tanned leather and dyeing your hair with Hinna (a kind of red dye). I also noticed that whenever you were in Mecca, the people assume Ihram on seeing the new moon crescent (1st of Dhul-Hijja) while you did not assume the Ihlal (Ihram) -(Ihram is also called Ihlal which means 'Loud calling' because a Muhrim has to recite Talbiya aloud when assuming the state of Ihram) - till the 8th of Dhul-Hijja (Day of Tarwiya). `Abdullah replied, "Regarding the corners of Ka`ba, I never saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) touching except those facing south (Yemen) and regarding the tanned leather shoes, no doubt I saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) wearing non-hairy shoes and he used to perform ablution while wearing the shoes (i.e. wash his feet and then put on the shoes). So I love to wear similar shoes. And about the dyeing of hair with Hinna; no doubt I saw Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) dyeing his hair with it and that is why I like to dye (my hair with it). Regarding Ihlal, I did not see Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) assuming Ihlal till he set out for Hajj (on the 8th of Dhul-Hijja).

Reference : Sahih al-Bukhari 166
In-book reference : Book 4, Hadith 32
USC-MSA web (English) reference : Vol. 1, Book 4, Hadith 167
(deprecated numbering scheme)

Source: https://www.sunnah.com/bukhari/4/32

Muhammad.bhatti
05-16-2017, 05:16 PM
Jazak Allah Khair

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.