/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Strongly Considering Conversion

RealityIsCandy
05-17-2017, 08:56 AM
Hi there.

I am getting serious about converting. My name is Sean. I have a lot of questions and a lot to learn about Islam even though I've read the Quran. Hope I am welcome here. Peace and Blessings to Mohammed.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-17-2017, 03:38 PM
Hi @RealityIsCandy ,

Welcome to the forum. I hope it benefits you!

What made you interested in islam??

Feel free to ask any questions you have, lots of helpful members here.

RealityIsCandy
05-17-2017, 03:45 PM
Mohammed came to me in voice and so did Allah. I do not have a lot of knowledge; but I know I should not be like I can hear and they cannot. I have muct to learn and much to say. I am converting.

sister herb
05-17-2017, 03:56 PM
Hi to you

Welcome to forum.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
RealityIsCandy
05-17-2017, 04:02 PM
My beard is thick and grows long. Am I allowed to grow it? Or do I need to study more? Where can I get a fine taqiyah? Where can i get a fine thobe?

*charisma*
05-17-2017, 04:16 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RealityIsCandy
My beard is thick and grows long. Am I allowed to grow it? Or do I need to study more? Where can I get a fine taqiyah? Where can i get a fine thobe?
Yes, you absolutely can grow it out. It has nothing to do with how much knowledge you have.

You can purchase a thobe here: http://www.eastessence.com/islamic-c...hobe-Disdasha/

I'm sure there are various other sites you can try. :)

Mohammed came to me in voice and so did Allah. I do not have a lot of knowledge; but I know I should not be like I can hear and they cannot. I have muct to learn and much to say. I am converting.
That's a very christian thing to say :D But I'm guessing this is just a way of saying how you connected with Allah and Islam...you just felt it was right in your heart.

I just want to point out that we respect and follow the ways and life of the prophet Muhammed peace be upon him, but he's passed on, just as the prophets before him. So it's Allah who we rely on and pray to. Associating Allah with the prophet (as in praying to them both or asking both for guidance) is considered as a form of polytheism and therefore is disbelief. We only pray and ask Allah for guidance, and out of respect to the prophet we send blessings to him and his family. :)

cinnamonrolls1
05-17-2017, 04:22 PM
Salam! Welcome to the forum, having a beard is a great thing to do, as it is following the Sunnah,however just so you are aware, not all schools of thought say it is mandatory to grow a beard, eg my family are sunni maliki's and a lot of the men in my family do not grow beards.
And lastly,this may come across as a personal opinion,but as long as you dress modestly,then there is no need to wear a thobe etc,you can wear modest "western" clothing.

RealityIsCandy
05-17-2017, 04:31 PM
I'd like to wear a thobe and taqiyah taqiyah for Ramadan.

RealityIsCandy
05-17-2017, 04:52 PM
I bought a black taqiyah and a green and gold prayer rug. I didn't buy a thobe, but I will. Does the color mean anything?

*charisma*
05-17-2017, 05:11 PM
I bought a black taqiyah and a green and gold prayer rug. I didn't buy a thobe, but I will. Does the color mean anything?
Colors don't have any meaning. So you can choose whichever one you like as a preference.

Supernova
05-17-2017, 06:56 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
Salam! Welcome to the forum, having a beard is a great thing to do, as it is following the Sunnah,however just so you are aware, not all schools of thought say it is mandatory to grow a beard, eg my family are sunni maliki's and a lot of the men in my family do not grow beards.
And lastly,this may come across as a personal opinion,but as long as you dress modestly,then there is no need to wear a thobe etc,you can wear modest "western" clothing.
CR : You are 100% correct on the clothing part. As long as the clothes is modest that is fine, and also does not impede in Salaah.

Another point - Can please clarify the Maliki position on the beard as I was under the impression that all 4 Madhabs promote the beard however the definition of that beard differs in certain groups within Maliki. I have never heard that Maliki allows not growing the beard at all.

cinnamonrolls1
05-17-2017, 07:35 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale
CR : You are 100% correct on the clothing part. As long as the clothes is modest that is fine, and also does not impede in Salaah.

Another point - Can please clarify the Maliki position on the beard as I was under the impression that all 4 Madhabs promote the beard however the definition of that beard differs in certain groups within Maliki. I have never heard that Maliki allows not growing the beard at all.
wa aleikum a salam, sorry i think i got confused on the school of thought thing-im still new to them as my family placed much more emphasis on reading the actual quran and hadith etc in general than from a maliki perspective. The Shafi’s say that the beard is Sunnah and that to shave is makruh (disliked) but not haram.
However, about growing a beard being considered fard(mandatory) by other schools of thought,what if a man is unable to grow a full beard?

cinnamonrolls1
05-17-2017, 07:36 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by samirbrazendale

So yeah, sorry about that!

noraina
05-17-2017, 09:39 PM
Hi Sean,

Welcome to this forum and I hope you find the answers you are searching for.

Please don't hesitate to ask any questions, we are all here to learn!

And this is a wonderful time, Ramadan is fast approaching - it is such a blessed month and very exciting no matter how many times you've experienced it. Everyone falls in love with it.

Bobbyflay23
05-17-2017, 11:23 PM
Brother the last forum you made u said the same thing but you said you still believe Jesus Christ is the son of god I have no problems with your beliefs but you need to know your Islam won't be accepted by allah unless you drop these beliefs If you allready dropped the belief then I'm sorry for adding this to it

talibilm
05-18-2017, 02:26 AM
Peace to those who seek guidance to their Creator,Brother

Welcome to Islam and please read the following link

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...d-informations post 6

wa aleikum a salam, sorry i think i got confused on the school of thought thing-im still new to them as my family placed much more emphasis on reading the actual quran and hadith etc in general than from a maliki perspective. The Shafi’s say that the beard is Sunnah and that to shave is makruh (disliked) but not haram.
:sl:

I do not think any imaam of any thoughts denied or discouraged or gave less importance for keeping beard but they gave it importance too but the hanafi imaam puts it at wajib and such haadith like this will validate his opinion

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651 :Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-KhudriThe Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Not to forget that beard was the sunnah of ALL PROPHETS , see images of Jesus, Moses or others so called prophets which the Israliyat claim to be the portraits of prophets you would see them with a beard. But our sunnah is to keep beard about a fist level and make it to appear beautiful maintaining it (hadith) . But even less than a fist is ok is the other opinion but shaving is seriously discouraged by the above hadith Its not worth taking the risk of Misguidance as mentioned in the above Sahih hadith. By keeping a Beard you will be saved from the FITNA of bad women and if not you might have to settle down with a Bad wife about whom Hadiths refer as a HELL in this world. Good Pious women will like Men with Beard of sunnah and A Good wife is a Heaven in this world as per the same Hadith.Therefore who are not comfortable with grwoing a lengthy beard at least Do not shave and at least keep a thin beard or a goaty for seeking the pleasure of Allah swt ONLY, But the Most preferred will be a fist size because there are hadith about it

However, about growing a beard being considered fard(mandatory) by other schools of thought,what if a man is unable to grow a full beard?
Then its ok , which is not in his power , Allah will never burden a person more than his power is known from the Noble Quran verse.

To grow in the sense not to shave if one is naturally having it . If he does not have one its not compulsory or necessary to grow it by transplanting it by any other method like a plant or chickens in a hatchery , lol.

talibilm
05-18-2017, 02:31 AM
Hi there.

I am getting serious about converting. My name is Sean. I have a lot of questions and a lot to learn about Islam even though I've read the Quran. Hope I am welcome here. Peace and Blessings to Mohammed.
Peace and blessings to those who seek guidance to their Creator

Welcome brother please give good read to this link in post # 6

Farid_57
05-18-2017, 05:35 AM
Hi there.

Salam aleykum brother,if any questions you can write here

cinnamonrolls1
05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by talibilm
Peace to those who seek guidance to their Creator,Brother

Welcome to Islam and please read the following link

http://www.ummah.com/forum/showthrea...d-informations post 6

:sl:

I do not think any imaam of any thoughts denied or discouraged or gave less importance for keeping beard but they gave it importance too but the hanafi imaam puts it at wajib and such haadith like this will validate his opinion

Bukhari Volume 9, Book 93, Number 651 :Narrated by Abu Sa'id Al-KhudriThe Prophet said, "There will emerge from the East some people who will recite the Qur'an but it will not exceed their throats and who will go out of (renounce) the religion (Islam) as an arrow passes through the game, and they will never come back to it unless the arrow, comes back to the middle of the bow (by itself) (i.e., impossible). The people asked, "What will their signs be?" He said, "Their sign will be the habit of shaving (of their beards). (Fateh Al-Bari, Page 322, Vol. 17th)

Not to forget that beard was the sunnah of ALL PROPHETS , see images of Jesus, Moses or others so called prophets which the Israliyat claim to be the portraits of prophets you would see them with a beard. But our sunnah is to keep beard about a fist level and make it to appear beautiful maintaining it (hadith) . But even less than a fist is ok is the other opinion but shaving is seriously discouraged by the above hadith Its not worth taking the risk of Misguidance as mentioned in the above Sahih hadith. By keeping a Beard you will be saved from the FITNA of bad women and if not you might have to settle down with a Bad wife about whom Hadiths refer as a HELL in this world. Good Pious women will like Men with Beard of sunnah and A Good wife is a Heaven in this world as per the same Hadith.Therefore who are not comfortable with grwoing a lengthy beard at least Do not shave and at least keep a thin beard or a goaty for seeking the pleasure of Allah swt ONLY, But the Most preferred will be a fist size because there are hadith about it

Then its ok , which is not in his power , Allah will never burden a person more than his power is known from the Noble Quran verse.

To grow in the sense not to shave if one is naturally having it . If he does not have one its not compulsory or necessary to grow it by transplanting it by any other method like a plant or chickens in a hatchery , lol.
Thanks for clarifying for me!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.