/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Advice required.

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 12:19 PM
Asalam-o-alikum brothers and sisters.

My query is that I'm a pregnant woman who has been struck by severe waswasas for the past few weeks. Whenever I pray I feel distracted and the worried sense that I'll see any image or hear somthing from the Satan makes me way too worried and I feel distressed, also I am facing insomnia and being away from family makes it very difficult for me to feel positive, i'm mentally exhausted like literally I have been having this debate that yes i'm a muslim since weeks. My worst fear is kufr which makes me go insane the waswasas from the satan keep worrying me with constant thoughts that if im still a muslim and feel like dying. Its just so sad, I did talk to medical professionals and they tell me that I need more therapy sessions. Kindly please suggest how can I ignore these waswasas and go back to my normal life as I never want to be a depressed mother for my child.
May Allah reward you all for the help. Jazak Allah.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Zeal
05-22-2017, 02:50 PM
Excess thoughts are a waste of time
In suratul Asr we are taught that we're in loss in the case of but what is mentioned.
Try and cut off those thoughts and renew your intention - to seek Allah pleasure alone

You can also make dhikr, istighfar and recite quran when these thoughts enter your brain because they act as a protection and you'll be gaining rewards insha Allah.

This may not be something that you can achieve straight away but the more you try the better you get at blocking off these thoughts. Infact, soon iA your thoughts would turn from unbenficial to the best that you can have (i.e: those for the sake of Allah).

Also, try self ruqyah

The tests that you go through make you stronger in life so be patient, keep stead fast and pray for Allah's aid

Allahul musta'an

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 02:52 PM
May Allah reward you for this advice. Yes, indeed. Will try my best, may Allah help us all. Ameen.

format_quote Originally Posted by Zeal
Excess thoughts are a waste of time
In suratul Asr we are taught that we're in loss in the case of but what is mentioned.
Try and cut off those thoughts and renew your intention - to seek Allah pleasure alone

You can also make dhikr, istighfar and recite quran when these thoughts enter your brain because they act as a protection and you'll be gaining rewards insha Allah.

This may not be something that you can achieve straight away but the more you try the better you get at blocking off these thoughts. Infact, soon iA your thoughts would turn from unbenficial to the best that you can have (i.e: those for the sake of Allah).

Also, try self ruqyah

The tests that you go through make you stronger in life so be patient, keep stead fast and pray for Allah's aid

Allahul musta'an

Zeal
05-22-2017, 02:54 PM
Ameen

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Grandad
05-22-2017, 03:06 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim23

My query is that I'm a pregnant woman who has been struck by severe waswasas for the past few weeks. Whenever I pray I feel distracted and the worried sense that I'll see any image or hear somthing from the Satan makes me way too worried and I feel distressed, also I am facing insomnia and being away from family makes it very difficult for me to feel positive, i'm mentally exhausted like literally I have been having this debate that yes i'm a muslim since weeks. My worst fear is kufr which makes me go insane the waswasas from the satan keep worrying me with constant thoughts that if im still a muslim and feel like dying. Its just so sad, I did talk to medical professionals and they tell me that I need more therapy sessions. Kindly please suggest how can I ignore these waswasas and go back to my normal life as I never want to be a depressed mother for my child.
It is perfectly normal for a pregnant woman to worry about all kinds of things; and not because there is anything wrong with her. The situation is made worse for you, because you are away from your family, and because you are exhausted through lack of sleep.

You cannot fall into kufr unless you do so with wilful intent. Moreover, you would need to be fully in control of your actions (and of your mind and will), and not fogged up by tiredness.

Your doctors have advised you to continue with therapy, and you ought to follow their advice.

Look for what is positive in your life, and set your mind on these things. It may not be easy, but you need to try. But be kind to yourself. Above all, trust in the Beloved (May His Name be Exalted), who will not let you fall.

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 03:13 PM
Asalam-o-alikum,

Jazak Allah. yes, indeed and I wish and pray to Allah for giving me strength to fight these negative thoughts that are not true.

format_quote Originally Posted by Grandad
It is perfectly normal for a pregnant woman to worry about all kinds of things; and not because there is anything wrong with her. The situation is made worse for you, because you are away from your family, and because you are exhausted through lack of sleep.

You cannot fall into kufr unless you do so with wilful intent. Moreover, you need to be fully in control of your actions (and of your mind and will), and not fogged up by tiredness.

Your doctors have advised you to continue with therapy, and you ought to follow their advice.

Look for what is positive in your life, and set your mind on these things. It may not be easy, but you need to try. But be kind to yourself. Above all, trust in the Beloved (May His Name be Exalted), who will not let you fall.

talibilm
05-22-2017, 03:13 PM

:sl: wrwb Sister

Be steadfast and those steadfast Muslims have the glad tidings from their Lord, Allah. here are some info from hadith and the Noble Quran on this issue.

It was related by Muslim (also by at-Tirmidhi and Ibn Majah). With regard to what you say about the waswaas reaching such a great level that you have begun to experience waswaas that makes you think about Allaah in ways that are not appropriate, these are evil whispers from the Shaytaan. Allaah says (interpretation of the meaning):“And if an evil whisper from Shaytaan (Satan) tries to turn you away (O Muhammad) (from doing good), then seek refuge in Allaah. Verily, He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower”

Some of the Sahaabah complained about the waswaas that was bothering them. Some of the companions of the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) came to the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) and said to him, ‘We find in ourselves thoughts that are too terrible to speak of.’ He said, ‘Are you really having such thoughts?’ They said, ‘Yes.’ He said, ‘That is a clear sign of faith.’” (Narrated by Muslim). (Narrated by Muslim, 132 from the hadeeth of Abu Hurayrah).

Al-Nawawi said in his commentary on this hadeeth (narration): “The Prophet’s words, ‘That is a clear sign of faith’ means, the fact that think of this waswaas as something terrible is a clear sign of faith, for if you dare not utter it and you are so afraid of it and of speaking of it, let alone believing it, this is the sign of one who has achieved perfect faith and who is free of doubt.” And it was said that what it means is that the Shaytaan only whispers to those whom he despairs of tempting, because he is unable to tempt them. As for the kaafir (non-Muslim), he can approach him in any manner he wants and is not restricted to waswaas, rather he can play with him however he wants.

Based on this, what the hadeeth means is that the cause of waswaas is pure faith, or that waswaas is a sign of pure faith. See also question no. 12315 The fact that you hate that and your heart recoils from it is a clear sign of faith. Waswaas happens to everyone who turns to Allaah by reciting dhikr etc. It is inevitable, but you have to be steadfast and patient, and persevere with your dhikr and prayer, and not give up, because in this way you will ward off the plot of the Shaytaan. “Ever feeble indeed is the plot of Shaytaan” [al-Nisa’ 4:76 – interpretation of the meaning].

Every time a person wants to turn to Allaah, waswaas brings other matters to mind. The Shaytaan is like a bandit: every time a person wants to move towards Allaah, he wants to block the way. Hence when it was said to one of the salaf that the Jews and Christians say, “We do not experience waswaas,” he said, “They are speaking the truth, for what would the Shaytaan do with a house in ruins?”(From Fataawa Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyah, 22/608).

The remedy: 1 – If you feel that you are being affected by this waswaas, say, “Aamantu Billaahi wa Rasoolihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger).” It was narrated from ‘Aa’ishah that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “The Shaytaan comes to one of you and says, ‘Who created you?’ And he says ‘Allaah.’ Then the Shaytaan says, ‘Who created Allaah?’ If that happens to any one of you, let him say, Aamantu Billaahi wa Rusulihi (I believe in Allaah and His Messenger). Then that will go away from him.”
(Narrated by Ahmad, 25671; classed as hasan (sound)by al-Albaani in al-Saheehah, 116).

2 – Try to stop thinking about that as much as possible, and keep busy with things that will distract you from it. Finally we advise you to keep on turning to Allaah in all situations, and to ask Him for help, and to beseech Him, and to ask Him to make you steadfast until death, and to cause you to die doing righteous deeds… And Allaah knows best.

And Allaah knows best.http://http://islamqa.info/en/25778

AbdurRahman.
05-22-2017, 03:28 PM
:wa:

your insomina is causing the extra waswas sis!; the mind gets weak due to lack of sleep and satan over powers it with waswas so consider your treatment of waswas hand in hand with that of insomina; get some sleep pills from doc!

Zeal
05-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Ibn al-Qayyim (may Allaah have mercy on him) said, explaining the difference between the khushoo’ of true faith and the khushoo’ of hypocrisy: “The khushoo’ of true faith is when the heart feels aware and humble before the greatness and glory of Allaah, and is filled with awe, fear and shyness, so that the heart is utterly humbled before Allaah and broken, as it were, with fear, shyness, love and the recognition of the blessings of Allaah and its own sins. So no doubt the khushoo’ of the heart is followed by the khushoo’ of the body. As for the khushoo’ of hypocrisy, it is something that is put on with a great show, but there is no khushoo’ in the heart. One of the Sahaabah used to say, ‘I seek refuge with Allaah from the khushoo’ of hypocrisy.” It was said to him, ‘What is the khushoo’ of hypocrisy?’ He said, “When the body appears to have khushoo’ but there is no khushoo’ in the heart.’ The person who truly feels khushoo’ before Allaah is a person who no long feels the flames of physical desire; his heart is pure and is filled with the light of the greatness of Allaah. His own selfish desires have died because of the fear and awe which have filled his heart to overflowing so that his physical faculties have calmed down, his heart has become dignified and feels secure in Allaah the remembrance of Him, and tranquillity descends upon him from his Lord. So he has become humble (mukhbit) before Allaah, and the one who is humble is the one who is assured. Land that is “mukhbit” is land that is low-lying, in which water settles, so the heart that is “mukhbit” is humble and content, like a low-lying spot of land into which water flows and settles. The sign of this is that a person prostrates to his Lord out of respect and humility, and never raises his head until he meets Him. The arrogant heart, on the other hand, is one that is content with its arrogance and raises itself up like an elevated portion of land in which water never settles. This is the khushoo’ of true faith.”

MuhammadHamza1
05-22-2017, 05:45 PM

Sister.
The Prophet has said that Zikr makes Satan run away from you.
Please do a lot of Zikr.
Secondly.
Keep yourself busy.
Reas good books and the stuff alike.
Satan will prey upon you when you are alone.

MuhammadHamza1
05-22-2017, 05:50 PM
The best way to win against Satan in addition to what is mentioned above is to simply ignore his waswasas.
I know when I came to Islam.I had similiar problems.
I wanted to kill myself.Those waswasas were disturbing.
But I learned to ignore them and Alhamdolillah,I am fine in that regard now.
Secondly.
The waswasas are forgiven,untill you utter them consiously or act upon them.
This is an authentic narration.

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Jazak Allah.
That is true, ignoring useless excessive thoughts is better. I trust Allah and Allah will surely help me. Ameen.

Simple_Person
05-22-2017, 07:20 PM
Sister did you say ..that you just reverted?

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 07:22 PM
No, i'm a born muslim alhumdulilah.

Simple_Person
05-22-2017, 07:42 PM
No, i'm a born muslim alhumdulilah.
If you have waswas ask yourself, why are you Muslim? Based on what are you Muslim and not a Christian, Jew, Atheist or whatever. Repeat those things again to intellectually make it firm to your mind AND heart that what you are doing is the right path.

Also, ask yourself what are you desiring? In the sense of what have you put on #1 in your heart that all the rest of the things circle around? Is it money? Is it materialism? Is it marriage? Is it children? Is it culture? Is it your deen? To know what your heart desires the most, the body will follow that desire. For example you see people in this dunya the ones that really have put money on #1. Their actions are based on gaining money, their tongue only speaks of gaining money, their vision also is based on how to make money, their hearing only wants to hear how to gain money. There are no moral codes, no self respect, no empathy towards others..just make money by all means.

So figure those things out yourself what resides in your heart that you desire the MOST. Becoming lazy and not pursuing that goal for a time, doesn't make your goal suddenly has changed...just imaan fluctuating.

*charisma*
05-22-2017, 07:52 PM
Assalamu Alaikum

I think your pregnancy is the reason for a lot of these emotions. The hormones really affect the body during pregnancy, even our dreams change! Don't put so much of your focus on the waswas because that's what will make it worse. You have to believe that once you seek refuge from shaytan (saying: A'udhu billahi min ashaytan arajeem) that there's nothing to worry about. But if you constantly think about thinking then it will cause you anxiety. This is an issue that doesn't happen overnight; it comes from escalating our worries in our mind, and you don't need to worry sis. :) Put your trust in Allah subhanhu wa ta'ala, as He is your protector. It's totally natural to have silly thoughts pop in our heads once in a while, but don't think too much into it. May Allah grant you ease ameen!

Muslim23
05-22-2017, 08:30 PM
Asalam-o-alikum,
Jazak Allah, may Allah reward you all for these advices. Please remember me and my family in your prayers.

Indefinable
05-22-2017, 09:38 PM
Asalam-o-alikum,
Jazak Allah, may Allah reward you all for these advices. Please remember me and my family in your prayers.
Try to keep yourself busy In Sha Allaah.

Pregnancy isn't easy and it's emotionally draining, like the other posters have said before, remain constant in your adhkaar In Sha Allaah.

Umm♥Layth
05-22-2017, 10:42 PM
Waleikum Asalaam,

Looks like you've received great advice from an Islamic perspective. I'd like to then add a very important physical aspect of things. Anxiety, depression and insomnia are directly linked to magnesium deficiency. When you become pregnant, you are even further depleted and the body struggles to keep levels up so you won't die and there is nothing else left for your nervous system, muscles, arteries and everything else magnesium is necessary for. Pregnancy also increases physical levels of stress and this further depletes magnesium in your body and so do certain foods like black tea etc.

In addition to thikr and everything else suggested, I highly encourage you to supplement with a good quality magnesium and eat magnesium rich foods. There's a great book called "The magnesium miracle" by Dr. Carolyn Dean which you may be interested in reading. It serves as an excellent guide and resource.

May Allah make things easy for you. Ameen!

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 03:31 AM
After crying a lot and fighting out of frustration, i called myself a loser as all my deeds always end up going zero and it reminded me of the word loser in Quran, but in a low voice does it mean i did shirk?

Simple_Person
05-23-2017, 05:52 AM
Go and talk to your husband and have a brief talk about changing of hormones during pregnancy so when you get mad at him that he just comes and holds you.

That is why also for the man to know for monthly period of his wife so he knows what is going on and doesn't react to that rather just stays calm.

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 06:06 AM
Hormones are getting weirder by the day. I hope i stay sane.

greenhill
05-23-2017, 11:58 AM
I'd like to keep this to a single point you brought up that you may be kufr...

You have spoken the shahada, hence you are a muslim and will remain so unless you pray to a different deity.

Waswas thoughts don't count. Just like reciting quranic verses in your mind, it does not count. It needs to be formed in the mouth to count for something. Just like intention. Bad intention counts for nothing until the deed is done. Good intention is special.. it is rewarded and even more so if done. So worry not about waswas.

:peace:

Indefinable
05-23-2017, 12:00 PM
Hormones are getting weirder by the day. I hope i stay sane.
This is normal.

Motherhood is not a walk in the park sister. It's a life-changing experience.

*charisma*
05-23-2017, 12:41 PM
After crying a lot and fighting out of frustration, i called myself a loser as all my deeds always end up going zero and it reminded me of the word loser in Quran, but in a low voice does it mean i did shirk?
This is called being paranoid. Do you know what shirk is??

Umm♥Layth
05-23-2017, 01:25 PM
Pregnancy hormones are NOT to blame for the symptoms the sister described in the original post. Pregnancy hormones are the same exact hormones we have all of the time, except there are more of them and the main problem will be physical, like morning sickness and fatigue. Then you have ligament pains as well to susceptibility of injury due to a hormone called relaxin, which allows hips to widen. Hormones level out after the first trimester and actually slowly decrease, so they don't "get worse".

The extra progesterone and estrogen in a pregnant body can make a woman more weepy or grumpy (or both!) and overall more sensitive, but it will not give her waswasa, pranoia, insomnia or depression. These are psychological and physical issues that can be aggravated due to the high demand of nutrients that the baby needs. If the woman is not supplementing well, or was deficient to begin with, any issues that she had previously can become worse during pregnancy due to the high demand. It will also make it alot more difficult to deal with any form of stress.

So sister, take your symptoms seriously and do something about it. :)

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 02:18 PM
Yes i am anemic and my diet is not good, i think i took islam very dearly since always and now i feel that shaitaan is attacking my thoughts but i know i love Allah, but sleep deprivation as i m not sleeping more than 2-3 hours and lack of food is making me stressed and i have no family here except for my husband who is busy mostly and is working on saturdays too.

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 02:40 PM
Also now that i can recall i have always gotten worried about everything in life whether legit or not mostly my worries were pointless.

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 02:44 PM
And also i got blamed for things or deeds i did not do which might have caused this to risen while in pregnancy. Like people always misunderstood me, therefore i always had that stress related thoughts anxiety going on in my mind since childhood. Maybe thats the root cause.

Umm♥Layth
05-23-2017, 03:09 PM
The first step is to take care of your body. It is growing a human being and requires extra attention. Your body has a right over you and it is being neglected, of course your faith will suffer and other issues will arise when the body is being pushed beyond its limits.

Fix your diet and get your anemia taken care of. Anemia deprives you and your baby of oxygen so it isn't to be taken lightly. :statisfie

Muslim23
05-23-2017, 03:14 PM
Yes sister, you are right. I really appreciate all the advices i received from you people. May Allah reward us all, ameen. Remember me and my family in your prayers. Need prayers always.

azc
05-25-2017, 03:37 PM
::wa:

May Allah swt make it easy for you....... Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.