PDA

View Full Version : Almost here...



noraina
05-22-2017, 06:32 PM
Assalamu alaykum wa rahmatullahi!

I know this is said all of the time but I cannot believe how quickly this time of year has come again. This Friday we'll find out when Ramadan begins and fasting will begin on either Saturday or Sunday in'sha'Allah! And it's so important to remember as quickly as it has come this blessed month will as quickly pass us by.

May Allah swt guide us to reap all of the benefits of this wonderful month and ever increase our faith and yaqin. Ameen.

We all have our Ramadan traditions, every single Muslim family has them. I know a lot of sisters will share my grief of mass-producing samosas the week before :D We've done ours and they're nicely packed away in the freezer. Five different homemade fillings, no less *cough*masterchefbeatthat*cough*.

And our local masjid creates this beautiful Ramadan calendar which we *always* put up in the hallway. It's kind of like a reminder whenever I walk past it.

You can seriously feels the Ramadan vibes now alhamdulillah.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 06:50 PM
Alhamdulillah!!!
My first Ramadan awaits me:D,nervous but excited!!!
Reply

noraina
05-22-2017, 06:58 PM
Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
Alhamdulillah!!!
My first Ramadan awaits me:D,nervous but excited!!!
That's amazing ma'sha'Allah....and you'll absolutely love it.

It's quite difficult to describe, but that vibe and atmosphere cannot be compared to anything else. Alhamdulillah that as believers we've been blessed with such an experience.

Don't forget the dates if you can get hold of them...they're the best way to break your fast. I still need to get mine although my favourite ones are a bit of a drive away, lol.
Reply

*charisma*
05-22-2017, 07:43 PM
Assalamu Alaikum




Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
Alhamdulillah!!!
My first Ramadan awaits me:D,nervous but excited!!!
Do you have any muslims near you bro?

Originally Posted by noraina
I know a lot of sisters will share my grief of mass-producing samosas the week before We've done ours and they're nicely packed away in the freezer. Five different homemade fillings, no less *cough*masterchefbeatthat*cough*.
Just made fillings now to make samosas and kibbeh, waiting for them to cool so I can start stuffing. Sad thing is, I don't think I have enough room in the freezer :omg:
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 07:56 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum






Do you have any muslims near you bro?




Just made fillings now to make samosas and kibbeh, waiting for them to cool so I can start stuffing. Sad thing is, I don't think I have enough room in the freezer :omg:
Not really,but I have been speaking to a fellow Muslim brother that works in a local newsagent shop,the shop was quiet & I must admit I do look slightly Arabic,dark skin,black hair & my beard is coming on,Im not your stereotypical looking Scotsman:D,i noticed he was very curious & asking questions, if I was local/Scottish etc I knew what he was implying lol,i gave him a Salam,then of course he knew & asked if I was muslim,we got chatting he was very friendly,so I will pop in for more of a wee friendly chat on Friday/Saturday,maybe ask advice as I'm sure he will be helpful.
Reply

*charisma*
05-22-2017, 08:13 PM
Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
Not really,but I have been speaking to a fellow Muslim brother that works in a local newsagent shop,the shop was quiet & I must admit I do look slightly Arabic,dark skin,black hair & my beard is coming on,Im not your stereotypical looking Scotsman:D,i noticed he was very curious & asking questions, if I was local/Scottish etc I knew what he was implying lol,i gave him a Salam,then of course he knew & asked if I was muslim,we got chatting he was very friendly,so I will pop in for more of a wee friendly chat on Friday/Saturday,maybe ask advice as I'm sure he will be helpful.
If here is one Muslim brother, I'm positive there are more. Inshallah you find a very supportive islamic community near you :)
Reply

Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 08:22 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
If here is one Muslim brother, I'm positive there are more. Inshallah you find a very supportive islamic community near you :)
most muslims in my area own & work in newsagent stores or local takeaways but I have seen a few immigrant families move in my town also,it is nice to see,sisters wearing hijab,and small muslim children attending local schools here,hopefully my town becomes more multi-cultural & a rise in Islam.
Reply

noraina
05-22-2017, 08:29 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Just made fillings now to make samosas and kibbeh, waiting for them to cool so I can start stuffing. Sad thing is, I don't think I have enough room in the freezer
Kibbeh - I've been meaning to try them out but I've never got round to it.

And I have nightmares about there not being enough room in the freezer - I hate it when my ice-cream doesn't all fit in there.
Reply

noraina
05-22-2017, 08:33 PM
Originally Posted by Scottish Celt
most muslims in my area own & work in newsagent stores or local takeaways but I have seen a few immigrant families move in my town also,it is nice to see,sisters wearing hijab,and small muslim children attending local schools here,hopefully my town becomes more multi-cultural & a rise in Islam.
I'm taking my own thread off topic but that's okay I suppose....how is the Muslim community in Scotland? Is it particularly large or diverse?

I'm from the West Midlands in the UK and the general rule of thumb tends to be the further south you are the more you come across ethnic minority and immigrant communities. I've always wondered how it would be as far north as Scotland.

But there aren't many Muslims where I live, I still get excited if I see a sister wearing hijab alhamdulillah.
Reply

Serinity
05-22-2017, 08:38 PM
:salam:

I ask Allah :swt: to make this month, the month, I gain strong yaqeen. Have suffered waswass for a year.

May Allah :swt: grant us all the yaqeen (Yaqeen means certainty), and strengthen our Imaan. Ameen.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Scottish Celt
05-22-2017, 08:42 PM
Originally Posted by noraina
I'm taking my own thread off topic but that's okay I suppose....how is the Muslim community in Scotland? Is it particularly large or diverse?

I'm from the West Midlands in the UK and the general rule of thumb tends to be the further south you are the more you come across ethnic minority and immigrant communities. I've always wondered how it would be as far north as Scotland.

But there aren't many Muslims where I live, I still get excited if I see a sister wearing hijab alhamdulillah.
Not as big as in the midlands Birmingham,was in Birmingham in 2013 I loved how multi-cultural it was,Glasgow is only our real multi-cultural city,south of the city of Glasgow it has a small Muslim community,but that's about it really, in some other towns & cities you might see a brother or sister wearing the hijab dotted about,since I have converted it is as you say pleasing to see,i have become more aware when I see them
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!