/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Suicide bombing in Jakarta

ardianto
05-24-2017, 06:37 PM
Two suicide bombs that targeting police blasted in Jakarta, Indonesia.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/two-expl...icide-bombing/

Current information : Three policemen and two suicide bombers died in this incident.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-24-2017, 07:07 PM
Why they attack against Muslims? imsad

fromelsewhere
05-24-2017, 07:21 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
Why they attack against Muslims? imsad
They were targeting a Brit tourist hotspot. The idiot only killed himself and a policeman in the end. I am very sad to see an otherwise great moderate Muslim country developing bad "habits" (not the right word, I know).

ardianto
05-25-2017, 02:13 AM
The area is not tourist spot, but a bus stop. Police were there to secure the torch carnival event that always held prior to ramadan. The attacker intentionally targeting police.

That was not the first attack toward police. Previously there were some attacks, usualy by handgun or blade. That group targeting police since they declared police as "ansharut thagut", or "those who work for government that is enemy of Allah". According to that group Indonesian government is apostate.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
fromelsewhere
05-25-2017, 02:38 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by ardianto
The area is not tourist spot, but a bus stop. Police were there to secure the torch carnival event that always held prior to ramadan. The attacker intentionally targeting police.

That was not the first attack toward police. Previously there were some attacks, usualy by handgun or blade. That group targeting police since they declared police as "ansharut thagut", or "those who work for government that is enemy of Allah". According to that group Indonesian government is apostate.
Yes you are right. I think the other article I read stated that the incident happened in a tourist hotspot, referring to East Jakarta as being very popular among tourists, but I don't know if that is true or just some sensational journalism.

ardianto
05-25-2017, 02:59 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by fromelsewhere
Yes you are right. I think the other article I read stated that the incident happened in a tourist hotspot, referring to East Jakarta as being very popular among tourists, but I don't know if that is true or just some sensational journalism.
Nothing in the article that say the attack happened in tourist spot. Maybe you and some people outside Indonesia who think the attack happened on tourist spot still remember the "The 2002 Bali blast" that indeed targeting tourist spot.

In first decade of 2000's, yes, the attacks usually targeting foreign people, or foreign institution. But since few years ago the extremists turn their target into police since many of them were arrested by police.

fromelsewhere
05-25-2017, 03:25 AM
^ No, I read a different article from the one you posted which claimed that it happened in a tourist hotspot. But it was misleading.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.