/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Dawah Mission! Everyone is invited.

m786
05-26-2017, 10:45 PM
Asalamu alaikum brothers and sisters,

This is my first post on this forum. Nice to meet you all and Ramdhan mubarak to everyone! May this month shower you all with endless blessings.

Lets get straight to it. I have a very good friend who I have made it a mission to invite to Islam but I am not very good at dawah. I invite all my brothers and sisters to advise me here! Its become sort of an obsession for me, I really do believe with the right push he will embrace Islam, inshaAllah. He said that if I can prove Islam is the truth then he will convert without a doubt.

He is Indian, from a non-strict Hindu family but believes in one God. He doesnt worship idols or do any rituals, which is a good start. But he is a really tough nut to crack! I will describe what his beliefs are in a list so I don't bore anyone with paragraphs lol.

- extremely philosophical - believes all religions carry the same basic message ^o)
- he thinks religion has ruined mankind and made people more hateful towards each other
- he believes that love and good intentions is enough to earn God's favor
- he is the type of guy that wants to marry a widow and not have any of his own children so he can only adopt orphans lol bless him
- he cant understand why God would only accept our prayers if done in a certain way (i.e. salah) that simply remembering God sincerely is good enough prayer
- believes that we misinterpret the Quran (he can't understand why God who loves us so much would punish a muslim for marrying a non-muslim)
- he says look at the state of muslims today - if they are the guided people why are they in such a bad state. And does this mean people of all other religions are stupid or blind (he didn't take it very well when I said idol worship is the biggest sin :omg: )

If I think of anything more I will edit this post.

Please share your thoughts and ideas everyone. Jazakallah

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
05-27-2017, 03:41 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

Give him a translated Quran to read on his own.

format_quote Originally Posted by m786
- he thinks religion has ruined mankind and made people more hateful towards each other
People have hated each other since the beginning of time. It's not religion, it's the nafs.

- he cant understand why God would only accept our prayers if done in a certain way (i.e. salah) that simply remembering God sincerely is good enough prayer
The islamic prayer serves several functions. Firstly we have to remind ourselves Who we are praying to. It's Allah right? So we should pray to him in a purified state. Since ALlah has blessed us with so much, we pray 5 times a day to remind ourselves of our blessings, to ask for forgiveness of all the sins we committed between each prayer, and to create a relationship with our Lord during a humbling and tranquil state, and that is the LEAST we can do, but Allah has made it sufficient for us. It also increases brotherhood because a person who becomes a muslim for example, can always be reminded that he has an Ummah who is there to support him, remind him, guide him no matter what he looks like or what he's done. It also unifies us as an ummah to know that everywhere in the world we are all praying in the same manner, the old, the young, the rich, the poor, the fluent in arabic and the nonfluent --doesn't matter, we all pray the same way and say the same words. What differs however, is what's in the person's heart and his personal du'a to Allah. And lastly, it's a part of our identity. The islamic prayer is unique to Muslims. Whenever you see someone praying in that way anywhere in the world, you know this person is Muslim. He is MAKING time in the day to worship his Lord no matter what because he understands that ALlah is the maintainer of his affairs. It's not us who defines "what is good enough for Allah"..Allah defines what we have to do to attain his Pleasure and acceptance, and praying 5x a day is an obligation he gave to us as well as a remedy for our daily sins.

- believes that we misinterpret the Quran (he can't understand why God who loves us so much would punish a muslim for marrying a non-muslim)
The biggest sin in Islam is shirk or atheism. So why would Allah want us to marry someone who is not good for our akhira and who despises or disbelieves in Allah? Marriage is a religious union sanctified by Allah, not a vanity.

- he says look at the state of muslims today - if they are the guided people why are they in such a bad state. And does this mean people of all other religions are stupid or blind (he didn't take it very well when I said idol worship is the biggest sin )
Islam is perfect. Muslims aren't. If Muslims followed their religion like they are supposed to, they'd be the best of people, but the fitnah that they are going through is because of their lack of piety, not because of their steadfastness in it.

sister herb
05-27-2017, 08:47 AM
He said that if I can prove Islam is the truth then he will convert without a doubt.
Person who says something like this is not seriously converting to other religion but gaining the knowledge (what is good thing too of course). This is not the way how it should go as asking someone to prove this and that. The person who seriously is thinking converting should has inner desire to find the love of the God, not some proves why need to pray like this way or why Muslim Ummah is at the bad state nowadays. Those are external issues while he should looking for answers from his own heart as how he can reach the faith. For becoming a Muslim he has to want to become a Muslim more than anything else ever. And feel that it´s the most important thing in his life. As the matter of the life or the death.

eesa the kiwi
05-27-2017, 09:07 AM
Asalamu alaikum rahmatulah wa barakatu

Brother I recommend you watch these videos it's a dawah workshop called how to give shahadah in ten minutes

InshaAllah you'll learn the skills to effectively call people to Islam

https://www.islamicboard.com/islamic...ml#post2928829

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
azc
05-27-2017, 11:01 AM
:wa:

Plz advise him to join Islamic board....

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.