/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Drugs & 40 days impure

Slaveofthelord
05-27-2017, 12:01 AM
As Salama Alikum

So basically as far as i know drinking alcohol makes your prayers invalid for 40 days and amd you are not rewarded for your prayers and if you die between day 1-40 you go to hell and also no duas are going be accepted.

So i got temtped by the shaytan and i gave in and smoked weed like 3 days ago after like 5 months of stoping and coincidently its ramadan now and i dont feel like doing ANY act of worship because anything i do will not be rewarded for 40 days.

I do regret my action

Does the same ruling to alcohol apply to weed.

Also the one who drinks alcohol in this life will not drink it in the next life ... so what about weed?

Thanks

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm♥Layth
05-27-2017, 12:24 AM
Waleikum Asalaam,

ALL DUAS ARE ACCEPTED ALWAYS. Don't believe otherwise. Allah is not whimsical and he ALWAYS listens when you call upon him, no matter what sins you've committed.

I'm unsure about the rest of your questions/comments, but you do have to make an effort regardless. :)

Ramadan Mubarak!

Abz2000
05-27-2017, 12:41 AM
Don't let Shaytaan trick you with that old one bro, the minute you rectify your intention and seek to walk straight in Allah's path is the minute you become new, even if you were smoking weed and feeling bad about it and were asking Allah In your mind to save you from it, He could decide to accept your prayer if it's sincere, like He listens to the prayers of the oppressed.

Slaveofthelord
05-27-2017, 01:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm♥Layth
Waleikum Asalaam,

ALL DUAS ARE ACCEPTED ALWAYS. Don't believe otherwise. Allah is not whimsical and he ALWAYS listens when you call upon him, no matter what sins you've committed.

I'm unsure about the rest of your questions/comments, but you do have to make an effort regardless. :)

Ramadan Mubarak!
Thanks for your advice :D

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Slaveofthelord
05-27-2017, 01:19 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Abz2000
Don't let Shaytaan trick you with that old one bro, the minute you rectify your intention and seek to walk straight in Allah's path is the minute you become new, even if you were smoking weed and feeling bad about it and were asking Allah In your mind to save you from it, He could decide to accept your prayer if it's sincere, like He listens to the prayers of the oppressed.

Thanks for the advisee brother i watched the video.. it was very touching to the heart...

Bobbyflay23
05-27-2017, 03:52 AM
I've listened to a scholar talk about this your reward and benifit and good deed will not be given to you for your obligatory actions it's still obligatory on you to do the obligatory actions though and the whole 40 days thing I don't really know I feel as if it has a different meaning then often interpreted but I'm not a scholar so I do not know at all what it means but I do know that allah doesn't count alcohol as shirk so your still a Muslim and my going to hell it means that you'll definitely go to hell but you'll eventually be pulled out since you where a Muslim but you still don't want to be there and I also think what it means is if he didn't repent he goes to hell because allah erases a sin if you repent for it so how can he send you to hell for a sin that doesn't exist anymore? So as long as you repent you'll be fine only thing is you won't get any good deeds or benifit or reward from obligatory stuff all you will be doing is full filling your duty

*charisma*
05-27-2017, 03:56 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
As Salama Alikum

So basically as far as i know drinking alcohol makes your prayers invalid for 40 days and amd you are not rewarded for your prayers and if you die between day 1-40 you go to hell and also no duas are going be accepted.

So i got temtped by the shaytan and i gave in and smoked weed like 3 days ago after like 5 months of stoping and coincidently its ramadan now and i dont feel like doing ANY act of worship because anything i do will not be rewarded for 40 days.

I do regret my action

Also the one who drinks alcohol in this life will not drink it in the next life ... so what about weed?

Thanks
Smoking weed is a sin, but Mashallah that you are trying to quit this bad habit. Continue with it and continue asking for forgiveness because Shaytan has hope that you will lose hope in Allah's forgiveness. May allah make you steadfast on the deen ameen. This would be the worst time to give up on yourself considering Ramadan has begun. You don't dig yourself deeper in a hole when you have the opportunity to make a stairway.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

Ibn Abi Dunya narrated with his isnaad that ‘Ali said: “The best of you is every tempted one who repents (i.e., every time he is tempted by this world, he repents).” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “For how long?” He said, “Until the Shaytaan is defeated.”

Ibn Maajah narrated a marfoo’ report from Ibn Mas’ood which says: “The one who repents from sin is like the one who did not commit sin.” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3427).

It was said to al-Hasan: Shouldn’t one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again? He said: The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness.

The humility in the sin you've done could be the thing that gets you to jannah if you take advantage of the way you feel by increasing your worship and becoming a better person so that you will never feel like you need a substance to make you feel good.

*charisma*
05-27-2017, 03:56 AM
Walaikum Asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by Slaveofthelord
As Salama Alikum

I do regret my action

Thanks
Smoking weed is a sin, but Mashallah that you are trying to quit this bad habit. Continue with it and continue asking for forgiveness because Shaytan has hope that you will lose hope in Allah's forgiveness. May allah make you steadfast on the deen ameen. This would be the worst time to give up on yourself considering Ramadan has begun. You don't dig yourself deeper in a hole when you have the opportunity to make a stairway.

Al-Haafiz Ibn Rajab al-Hanbali said:

Ibn Abi Dunya narrated with his isnaad that ‘Ali said: “The best of you is every tempted one who repents (i.e., every time he is tempted by this world, he repents).” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “What if he sins again?” He said, “He should ask Allaah for forgiveness and repent.” It was said, “For how long?” He said, “Until the Shaytaan is defeated.”

Ibn Maajah narrated a marfoo’ report from Ibn Mas’ood which says: “The one who repents from sin is like the one who did not commit sin.” (Classed as hasan by al-Albaani in Saheeh Ibn Maajah, 3427).

It was said to al-Hasan: Shouldn’t one of us feel too shy to ask his Lord to forgive his sin, then do it again, then ask for forgiveness, then do it again? He said: The Shaytaan wishes that you would have this attitude, so do not tire of asking for forgiveness.

The humility in the sin you've done could be the thing that gets you to jannah if you take advantage of the way you feel by increasing your worship and becoming a better person so that you will never feel like you need a substance to make you feel good.

Zeal
05-27-2017, 02:02 PM
Our deeds won't get us into jannah alone we need Allah's mercy

So repent, change your ways amd be sincere in obedience to Allah.

jaybird
06-25-2017, 05:06 PM
drugs are destroying everything. in USA they have a drug for everything

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.