/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Do I need to renew my faith with God?

RJabe
05-30-2017, 08:34 AM
Hello all,

I have been spending the last few months studying astrology by watching videos and reading about it, questioning whether I believe it is real or not in my own personal view.

I only used the subject for introspection purposes in order to understand my self, my strengths and weaknesses in order to better myself, and to better understand everyone around me and help them in some way. I do not believe in fortune tellers, palm readers, destiny prediction, crystal balls, or anything in that darker side of astrology.

Even though my reason for learning around this subject is fair and harmless, it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is forbidden in Islam and ignorance is not a reason to justify myself.

I must know if I will be forgiven for this sin. If my prayers will be excepted, and if I must renew my faith with God. I can no longer take any chances and must abandon this subject all together if this is the case.

Thank you all

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
RJabe
05-30-2017, 08:35 AM
Hello all,

I have been spending the last few months studying astrology by watching videos and reading about it, questioning whether I believe it is real or not in my own personal view.

I only used the subject for introspection purposes in order to understand my self, my strengths and weaknesses in order to better myself, and to better understand everyone around me and help them in some way. I do not believe in fortune tellers, palm readers, destiny prediction, crystal balls, or anything in that darker side of astrology.

Even though my reason for learning around this subject is fair and harmless, it still doesn't excuse the fact that it is forbidden in Islam and ignorance is not a reason to justify myself.

I must know if I will be forgiven for this sin. If my prayers will be excepted, and if I must renew my faith with God. I can no longer take any chances and must abandon this subject all together if this is the case.

Thank you all

Berries'forest
05-30-2017, 09:57 AM
Salaam Alaikum :)

I think I can help you regarding this matter because I have been in the same situation a few years ago. One thing you have to know is dabbling in Astrology is absolutely a sin. However Astrology and witchcraft or magic are not on the same level. Remember Khadija (RA) took the prophet to soothsayer and through him the prophet was informed and confirmed that he truly was a prophet sent from God and not just experiencing some form of a mental illness. Back to astrology I have to admit that I was at a point in my life interested in astrology. I would check my horoscope every so often and I even had a tarot card reading, of course most of it was complete falsehood and rubbish so that's why I lost my interest in these kinds of things. No one can really tell you what the future holds. Life is highly unpredictable and there are many twists and surprising turns in everyone's lives. They just tell you what you want to hear so they can get a financial profit out of it. Most importantly a member here advised me to perform Ghusl (basically take a shower and immerse your entire body in water) then renew your shahada and never go back to astrology again. That's what I did and I can tell you it's been three years and I've never missed going back to it again.

Best of wishes.

RJabe
05-30-2017, 04:05 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Berries'forest
Salaam Alaikum :)

I think I can help you regarding this matter because I have been in the same situation a few years ago. One thing you have to know is dabbling in Astrology is absolutely a sin. However Astrology and witchcraft or magic are not on the same level. Remember Khadija (RA) took the prophet to soothsayer and through him the prophet was informed and confirmed that he truly was a prophet sent from God and not just experiencing some form of a mental illness. Back to astrology I have to admit that I was at a point in my life interested in astrology. I would check my horoscope every so often and I even had a tarot card reading, of course most of it was complete falsehood and rubbish so that's why I lost my interest in these kinds of things. No one can really tell you what the future holds. Life is highly unpredictable and there are many twists and surprising turns in everyone's lives. They just tell you what you want to hear so they can get a financial profit out of it. Most importantly a member here advised me to perform Ghusl (basically take a shower and immerse your entire body in water) then renew your shahada and never go back to astrology again. That's what I did and I can tell you it's been three years and I've never missed going back to it again.

Best of wishes.
Thank you very much :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Scimitar
05-30-2017, 04:37 PM
I'M SURE MANY HRE WILL TELL YOU ITS HALAL TO DO YOUR OWN RESEARCH LOL.

But you did do shirk.

So you are guilty of it.

And you must repent.

Are you too proud to repent ?

Is your ego too big to debase itself before the Creator?

WHy have you not repented already?

IT IS RAMADHAN - when will you do this if not now?

Are you waiting for the right time?

When is the right time? when death is knocking at your door?

Muslims are a bunch of messy retards.

Scimi

azc
05-30-2017, 05:11 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by RJabe
Hello all,

Thank you all
Bro, leave it immediately. It's not permitted in any form.

Serinity
05-30-2017, 05:17 PM
:salam.

AFAIK, acquiring knowledge of about astrology is sin.. Idk about shirk, but sin.

Allahu alam.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.