/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is this backbiting?

.alhamdulillah.
05-31-2017, 08:03 PM
Sometimes when you discuss what you will do in the future and people compare you to others, it can be easy to put others down.

I would sometimes say, yea but my GPA is really good, and this or that person only got into DO school, not MD.

I don't want to make an issue within the family, and no one else really knows about this, only between me and 1 person.

Do I have to tell that person about it if it is indeed backbiting, or would it be fine to leave it and just ask for forgiveness for them and from Allah...?

Because I really don't want to create any issues within our family, especially over something so little like that.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
sister herb
05-31-2017, 08:41 PM
I would advice that if you say something like this about other person, don´t forget to add something nice about him too. Like "..but he is very good with this or that and I like when he did something...".

It´s always nice when you hear that someone has talked something good about you - behind your back.

Snow
06-01-2017, 10:37 PM
I have it for a rule that if I am not comfortable to tell my opinion towards someone to their face, I should not share my opinions with others

-arisa-
06-02-2017, 02:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by sister herb
I would advice that if you say something like this about other person, don´t forget to add something nice about him too. Like "..but he is very good with this or that and I like when he did something...".

It´s always nice when you hear that someone has talked something good about you - behind your back.
I agree! There is always something nice to say about everyone right? :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
nourkhair
06-02-2017, 10:27 AM
If you don't say it to them knowing it will be a problem. Then instead try to talk good about them also pray for them too.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.