/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Question Concerning fasting & medication

Gaddafi.shakur
06-02-2017, 08:06 PM
as salaam alaikum brother and sisters,
I am new to the faith and new to this site and have a urgent question now during Ramadan were supposed to from sunrise to sunset this is not very hard to understanding. My question has to do with medications if a person is supposed to take certain medication through out the day and they must be taken with food what are the rulers or perameters for such a situation the medication is for depression and other mental illnesses that effect and alter mood and personality greatly without taking them. Thank you for your insight its greatly appreciated.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AabiruSabeel
06-02-2017, 09:04 PM
Wa Alaikum Assalam wa Rahmatullahi wa Barakatuh...

I'll let someone more knowledgeable answer your actual question. I just want to point out here that fasting is from Dawn to sunset, not from sunrise to sunset.

Life_Is_Short
06-03-2017, 12:46 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Gaddafi.shakur
as salaam alaikum brother and sisters,
I am new to the faith and new to this site and have a urgent question now during Ramadan were supposed to from sunrise to sunset this is not very hard to understanding. My question has to do with medications if a person is supposed to take certain medication through out the day and they must be taken with food what are the rulers or perameters for such a situation the medication is for depression and other mental illnesses that effect and alter mood and personality greatly without taking them. Thank you for your insight its greatly appreciated.
Walaykum assalam,

I am not an expert in the Islamic ruling but from my understanding you must seek the help of a Muslim doctor as medicine dose can be adjusted to aid fasting in certain medical conditions.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.