/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Blessing - how can that be?

new2010
06-04-2017, 10:16 AM
Assalamualaikum,

I lately hear very often people who do not practice or even are Christian say they were blessed. At least they feel that way. How can it be: I do pray, fast and do everything necessary to be a good Muslim, but I don't feel blessed?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
*charisma*
06-04-2017, 11:35 AM
Walaikum asalaam

format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Assalamualaikum,

I lately hear very often people who do not practice or even are Christian say they were blessed. At least they feel that way. How can it be: I do pray, fast and do everything necessary to be a good Muslim, but I don't feel blessed?
Only way I can imagine someone not feeling blessed is by not being grateful to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. So if a Christian or any other nonMuslim can supersede you in that, then that's really sad :/

new2010
06-04-2017, 07:14 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by *charisma*
Walaikum asalaam

Only way I can imagine someone not feeling blessed is by not being grateful to Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. So if a Christian or any other nonMuslim can supersede you in that, then that's really sad :/
But I am grateful to Allah azza wa jal! I am grateful for my health, my family and that he allows me to worship him. I'm grateful that I am a servant of my Rabb. But I do not feel blessed, whatever that means.

AbdurRahman.
06-04-2017, 08:34 PM
But I am grateful to Allah azza wa jal! I am grateful for my health, my family and that he allows me to worship him. I'm grateful that I am a servant of my Rabb. But I do not feel blessed, whatever that means.
if your greateful you do feel blessed!; all these good things you are grateful for are blessings right???; so gratefulness is the feeling of blessing!

so it's just a lack of understanding on your part; all you need to understand is that all good things are blessings from ALlah! :)

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Life_Is_Short
06-06-2017, 11:28 PM
Assalamualaikum,

It's not that you aren't blessed, it's that you're ungrateful. We all are. Allah SWT has given us so many blessings like our health while there are people battling life threatening diseases, wealth while there are people who are so poor, children while there are parents who are barren and so many more!

I've recently heard in a talk that the non-Muslims are given heaven by the blessing of Allah in this life while the believers are blessed in this life and the hereafter. So despair not!

If you feel like you're going through a difficult time right now, it's probably a test from Allah to see if you'd remain steadfast. Allah tells us that we will be tested. He also makes it clear to us what is expected from us when we undergo these trials and what our reward will be if we are successful.

He says: “Be sure we shall test you with something of fear and hunger, some loss in goods, lives and the fruits (of your toil) but give glad tidings to those who patiently persevere. Those who, when misfortune strikes them, say: ‘Indeed we belong to Allah and to Him is our return. Those are the ones upon whom are blessings and mercy from their Lord and it is those who are rightly guided.” [Sûrah al-Baqarah: 155]

Bobbyflay23
06-06-2017, 11:48 PM
Yea like I'm similar I can look at my bed or PlayStation and say I'm greatful or say I feel like I should be greatful for that it's a blessing but inside me I don't really care that much or actually feel greatful but there's been random times in prayer where I've felt extremely greatful in the end no ones really greatful unless they are currently inside a high state of iman (spirituality) even allah says man is forgetful and ungreatful it's just in our nature but we should atleast try to be greatful

Bobbyflay23
06-06-2017, 11:49 PM
Maybe what they meant by blessed is they're just spiritual you can feel spiritual withoit being Muslim it's just we have the perfect source of spirituality

-arisa-
06-07-2017, 03:06 PM
Assalamualaikum,

Wa-Alaikum-Salaam brother,

Hmm, I think if you remember Allah as much as you can and feel grateful for every little thing in your life you'll feel you are truly blessed. Just think about it, even having the chance to live and breathe the air every day - what you usually take for granted - is invaluable. Others with illness may not have the chance to breathe normally like you do. If you try to look at those who are less fortunate than you, you'll be grateful and feel blessed.
Hope this helps :statisfie

Simple_Person
06-07-2017, 04:26 PM
Brother feeling the blessing is the contentment of the heart.

Abu Huraira reported: The Prophet, peace and blessings be upon him, said,
"Wealth is not in having many possessions. Rather, true wealth is the richness of the soul.”

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...t-of-the-soul/

To give you some examples. I myself look at my washing machine and i am SERIOUSLY FILLED WITH JOY!!. I am not kidding you. Even these words fall short for the joy and contentment i am having when looking at it. With that i feel the blessing Allah has given me.

Another example, having internet. I love knowledge and Allah given me internet i FEEL AS IF I AM THE MOST BLESSED PERSON ON EARTH for having it. Having tap water,..i mean DUDE..i HAVE TAP WATER how can that not be a blessing? Every time if i am thirsty i just go in MY OWN HOUSE to the kitchen to drink some glass of water. Or Allah turned my heart and me worshiping Him..just go and praying how can i not be BLESSED of doing what i was made to do?

Ponder a bit more and ask yourself how come i am not happy with what i have? If it was up to Allah, Allah could have made me miserable and not have given me all those things and even MORE than i could count.

With your mouth you say you are grateful, but with your heart you are not. Because if you were, your eyes would be open and see all those blessings. You know the definition of the word "blessing" however you do not understand it. Understanding comes from the heart not the brain.

new2010
06-07-2017, 05:03 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

But as mentioned in my last post, I do feel grateful. I do think, when this people said "blessed", I associated with blessed kind of "guided". Maybe it was an error of difinition for my side.

Yeah man, I feel blessed to that I have tap water, too! :-D SubhanAllah just look at the people in developing countries: there water gets privatized. We've so many opportunities, we just need to use them. For that everybody needs to be grateful.

Simple_Person
06-07-2017, 05:49 PM
Thank you for your feedback.

But as mentioned in my last post, I do feel grateful. I do think, when this people said "blessed", I associated with blessed kind of "guided". Maybe it was an error of difinition for my side.

Yeah man, I feel blessed to that I have tap water, too! :-D SubhanAllah just look at the people in developing countries: there water gets privatized. We've so many opportunities, we just need to use them. For that everybody needs to be grateful.
Blessed and guided are indeed two different things. Guidance how we Muslims see is a category totally different. Although feeling blessed is also feeling guided, but still there is the difference between it. For example, i myself have witnessed both life as an atheist and life as a Muslim. I have witnessed those moments as an atheist that my heart was "calm", but also witnessed the moments as an Muslim that my heart was "calm". However now as a Muslim looking at it, it was as if my heart NEVER had been calm when i was a atheist. Because one does NOT UNDERSTAND the true meaning of something until they really have experienced it themselves. Saying you are all calm, doesn't make you calm truly by it's definition.

This reminds me of this.

Ibn Al-Qayyim reported: Some of the scholars would say, If the kings of the world and their sons knew what we have of blessings and happiness, they would fight us for it with their swords.

Source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...ght-us-for-it/

Indeed, people who even believe in 1 God, do not have what Muslims can achieve..the tranquility of the heart. I mean sub'han'Allah just doing two rak'at when i am in distress is more of value to me than all the riches one could give me in this world if i would abstain from doing those two rak'at. The tranquility of the heart lacks words to express..

azc
06-07-2017, 06:53 PM
Assalamualaikum,

:wa:
You're blessed with iman and this is the greatest blessing.

This world is the heaven for non Muslims. They're rewarded here for their good deeds and Muslims will be rewarded in hereafter.

Pay thanks to Allah swt for what he's given you.

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.