/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Beard and care

new2010
06-05-2017, 08:53 PM
Assalamualaikum,

I've kind of issues with my beard. I noticed loss of hair when "washing" my beard in wudu or after shower. Are there any ways to make is stronger?

Is there any other things that is from the Sunnah men can care? Miswak and cutting nails are known. Is there something else?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Umm Abed
06-10-2017, 11:30 AM
Wa alaikum salam brother,

Try rubbing olive oil into your chin and beared as the massage would most likely make the hair stronger.

Olive oil is sunnah to use, btw.

Abz2000
06-10-2017, 01:22 PM
Coconut oil becomes like wax in cold weather and gives the hair essential nutrients throughout the day.

new2010
06-18-2017, 03:51 AM
It's getting worse. I need to try something: do you mean olive oil that we buy at the super marked for cooking? Will try to check that coconut oil - is that one the same we use for food, or is that a special creme for beard made of coconut oil? It's even not cold in my area, may Allah guide my hair roots. Amin.

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Bobbyflay23
06-18-2017, 06:03 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by new2010
Assalamualaikum,

I've kind of issues with my beard. I noticed loss of hair when "washing" my beard in wudu or after shower. Are there any ways to make is stronger?

Is there any other things that is from the Sunnah men can care? Miswak and cutting nails are known. Is there something else?
Hair olive oil

Bobbyflay23
06-18-2017, 06:03 AM
It's getting worse. I need to try something: do you mean olive oil that we buy at the super marked for cooking? Will try to check that coconut oil - is that one the same we use for food, or is that a special creme for beard made of coconut oil? It's even not cold in my area, may Allah guide my hair roots. Amin.
No it's a special olive oil

new2010
06-18-2017, 08:37 PM
Okay, jazak Allah khairan.

Umm Abed
06-19-2017, 04:01 AM
Any pure cold-pressed olive oil, even the one they sell for cooking, you can use that.

Also if you can use any coconut oil, but you do get the cold-pressed version too.

There must be some special beard creme available but nothing that I know of specifically right now.

Bobbyflay23
06-19-2017, 05:56 AM
Is the sunnah for hair oil regulated to olive oil?

Umm Abed
06-19-2017, 10:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Is the sunnah for hair oil regulated to olive oil?
Olive oil specifically has been mentioned as from a blessed tree, so yes.

I dont know of any other oil being sunnah to use but medically yes we can try all the other oils too, it will only do good.

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-19-2017, 11:31 AM
The Sunnah is olive oil. Regular olive oil.

والله تعالى أعلم

Umm♥Layth
06-20-2017, 12:54 AM
Don't use "regular" olive oil. Go find a pure, locally grown olive oil, otherwise you could be getting a canola mixture and that's not what you want for your skin. In the times of the prophet (saw) they didn't have refined and filtered oils the way they do now. Olive oil is cloudy by its nature and very strong in flavor.

That being said, I don't think hairloss is related to skin dryness. Hairloss is usually hormonal and/or health related.

SuperGarlicNaan
06-20-2017, 10:32 PM
Assalamualaikum,

Assalamualaikum my brothers.

Just joined and happened upon this thread randomly whilst looking for Islamic advice.

I actually had a similar problem with my beard for the longest time. It grows decently but once it gets to about two and a half inches long it starts falling out fast and getting really scraggly and rough looking.

I know you shouldn't really shave it off but my OCD took over after years of putting up with facial hair falling off everywhere I went, in my pillows, sink, shower etc. I shaved it all off with a plan.

Before shaving it all off I started taking ZMA pills for about two weeks. Zinc/Magnesium pills which maintain testosterone levels and can improve testosterone levels by upto 30% if you're active and working out. Once I had my testosterone levels maintained/boosted slightly I shaved it all off and my facial hair grew back thicker and quicker than before. Plenty of brands of ZMA but they all work the same. There are also vegetarian versions of these pills which are the ones I use

I also bought this beard oil from Home Bargains that is a pure mix of Coconut oil/Castor oil/Almond oil (you can make that mix yourself easily which I do now). Small bottle for £1 but it works amazingly well. Super thick and absorbs nicely. They rarely stock it these days but if you can find it get it. Now my facial hair is pretty neat and strong. Rarely facial hair falls out when washing it or combing it.

Still taking the ZMA pills on and off every couple of weeks. Still using my DIY beard oil. Still working out and living healthy. Even the thinning hair on my head has greatly improved.

Just my opinion that anything hair related for men can usually be solved with a boost of your testosterone through exercise, Zinc intake and healthy living. ZMA pills also help you sleep extremely well at night if you have trouble sleeping and a lack of sleep also can lead to stress and that means your hair is more likely to fall out. ZMA also helps your libido greatly.

I recommend ZMA to all my male relatives and friends. It really is the perfect vitamin mix for all men.

Please seek medical advice before taking any vitamin or food supplements such as ZMA since we are all different and what may be harmless to one may be harmful to others. Also please remember too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing.

Hope this helps you my brother because it definitely worked for me and a few of my relatives and friends.

Hamza Asadullah
06-21-2017, 02:28 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by SuperGarlicNaan
Assalamualaikum my brothers.

Just joined and happened upon this thread randomly whilst looking for Islamic advice.

I actually had a similar problem with my beard for the longest time. It grows decently but once it gets to about two and a half inches long it starts falling out fast and getting really scraggly and rough looking.

I know you shouldn't really shave it off but my OCD took over after years of putting up with facial hair falling off everywhere I went, in my pillows, sink, shower etc. I shaved it all off with a plan.

Before shaving it all off I started taking ZMA pills for about two weeks. Zinc/Magnesium pills which maintain testosterone levels and can improve testosterone levels by upto 30% if you're active and working out. Once I had my testosterone levels maintained/boosted slightly I shaved it all off and my facial hair grew back thicker and quicker than before. Plenty of brands of ZMA but they all work the same. There are also vegetarian versions of these pills which are the ones I use

I also bought this beard oil from Home Bargains that is a pure mix of Coconut oil/Castor oil/Almond oil (you can make that mix yourself easily which I do now). Small bottle for £1 but it works amazingly well. Super thick and absorbs nicely. They rarely stock it these days but if you can find it get it. Now my facial hair is pretty neat and strong. Rarely facial hair falls out when washing it or combing it.

Still taking the ZMA pills on and off every couple of weeks. Still using my DIY beard oil. Still working out and living healthy. Even the thinning hair on my head has greatly improved.

Just my opinion that anything hair related for men can usually be solved with a boost of your testosterone through exercise, Zinc intake and healthy living. ZMA pills also help you sleep extremely well at night if you have trouble sleeping and a lack of sleep also can lead to stress and that means your hair is more likely to fall out. ZMA also helps your libido greatly.

I recommend ZMA to all my male relatives and friends. It really is the perfect vitamin mix for all men.

Please seek medical advice before taking any vitamin or food supplements such as ZMA since we are all different and what may be harmless to one may be harmful to others. Also please remember too much of ANYTHING is a bad thing.

Hope this helps you my brother because it definitely worked for me and a few of my relatives and friends.
:sl:

I remember when I took ZMA for a while when I used to train and one of the symptoms is that it gives you very vivid dreams!

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.