/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Will Allah (SWT) forgive me?

Muslim13
06-05-2017, 10:05 PM
I am a 13 year old boy and I missed many prayers so I am wondering wether Allah (SWT) will forgive me. Also, I want to know how to try and get Allah (SWT) to forgive me.

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Bobbyflay23
06-05-2017, 11:13 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Muslim13
I am a 13 year old boy and I missed many prayers so I am wondering wether Allah (SWT) will forgive me. Also, I want to know how to try and get Allah (SWT) to forgive me.
All you got to do is take your shehada (ashdu In a lady ilha illa allah wa ashudu ina Muhammadan rassoallah) again and repent to him by following these steps
1.admit your sin
2.feel guilty (you allready have since your here asking how to get him to forgive)
3.ask for his forgiveness
4.promise you'll make sure this never happenes again
Done you've been forgiven allah is the most merciful and he says not to despair of his mercy musa (as) (a prophet) straight up killed someone and repented right after and then just said thank you for forgiving me imagine that he just repented for killing someone and new allah has allready forgiven him that's proof that ounce you've repented you've been forgiven so don't doubt it

Umm Abed
06-19-2017, 10:47 AM
Allah swt is Most Merciful he will forgive you, ask Him for forgiveness.

Say 'astaghfirullah' as much as you can.

So which prayers did you miss?

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-19-2017, 11:27 AM
If you are Baaligh, and you have missed Salaats, then you will have to make Qadhaa of them as well. You will have to fill in those missed Salaats. Calculate how many you have missed (better to over calculate rather than miss out on any), write them down, and then start filling them in on a daily basis, as much as you can. How many Qadhaas do you think you have, more or less? How many Salaats have you missed?

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
MuhammadHamza1
06-19-2017, 03:48 PM
A 13 year old child like you is most probably sinless.
Secondly.
If you are
1)-Sincere in repentance
2)-Regret your actions.
3)-Have a determination to never go back.
You are forgiven.
THIRDLY.
The most correct view is that you do not have to pray qadhaa for your prayers.
Meaning the repentance will be enough for you and you do not have to make up your prayers.
Yes.
You should pray Nawafil more.
But to question if you will be forgiven is unnacceptable.
Because a true repentance makes Allah more happy than you.

Bobbyflay23
06-19-2017, 09:57 PM
Yea if you havnt reached puberty yet then you don't need to repent

Umm♥Layth
06-19-2017, 11:14 PM
Repentance is important regardless of age. We have to learn from a young age to be able to tell when we did something is wrong and how to repent, suppressing the need to repent will desensitize the person to sin.

You don't have to promise to never do it again, as we should not break a promise. This will make you feel even worse if you end up repeating the sin. What you do is repent, say you are sorry, apologize to anyone that was hurt in the process and make the INTENTION to never repeat your sin again. If you fall into it again, you repeat the process until your mistakes are fewer and in between and one day you won't make those mistakes again :) It is a journey and I'm happy to see that you care at such a young age.

Also, a key in asking for forgiveness is to be assured that Allah will forgive you. If you don't feel any weight lifted from you after asking for forgiveness, then youa re not trusting that He forgave you :)

May Allah keep you on the straight path always. Ameen!

Bobbyflay23
06-20-2017, 08:18 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by Umm[emoji813
Layth;2967710]Repentance is important regardless of age. We have to learn from a young age to be able to tell when we did something is wrong and how to repent, suppressing the need to repent will desensitize the person to sin.

You don't have to promise to never do it again, as we should not break a promise. This will make you feel even worse if you end up repeating the sin. What you do is repent, say you are sorry, apologize to anyone that was hurt in the process and make the INTENTION to never repeat your sin again. If you fall into it again, you repeat the process until your mistakes are fewer and in between and one day you won't make those mistakes again :) It is a journey and I'm happy to see that you care at such a young age.

Also, a key in asking for forgiveness is to be assured that Allah will forgive you. If you don't feel any weight lifted from you after asking for forgiveness, then youa re not trusting that He forgave you :)

May Allah keep you on the straight path always. Ameen!
It's a promise as in a promise I'll try my hardest to never do the sin again and it's a promise where you'll actually make a effort to stay away from it and to come up with ideas to not do it again I've listened and read many things about repentance and they all said you need to promise and I listened to a podcast of I think mufti menk explaining how if you promise to not do the sin again it doesn't break the promise or tawbah if you break the promise you just need to make tawbah again

Huzaifah ibn Adam
06-20-2017, 10:07 AM
If he is Baaligh, then he has to make the Qadhaa for those Salaats. There is no avoiding it. If he is not Baaligh, though, then it is not necessary.

Umm♥Layth
06-20-2017, 06:12 PM
format_quote Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
It's a promise as in a promise I'll try my hardest to never do the sin again and it's a promise where you'll actually make a effort to stay away from it and to come up with ideas to not do it again I've listened and read many things about repentance and they all said you need to promise and I listened to a podcast of I think mufti menk explaining how if you promise to not do the sin again it doesn't break the promise or tawbah if you break the promise you just need to make tawbah again
Right. What you want to avoid is "If you forgive me I promise to do XYZ". This is mostly due to the human psyche, not because of Allah. Remember Allah created us so he knows our weaknesses. The issues is with the person. Much of the time, when a promise is made to Allah and then broken, it sends the person on a downward spiral and oftentimes get consumed with guilt to where they forget about Allah's mercy. It also affects their self confidence and other aspects of their psyche.

You can promise to TRY an be better all you want, that's not an issue, it is no different than making the intention of becoming better and avoiding sin. :)

Allahu Alim.

Hamza Asadullah
06-20-2017, 06:17 PM
Asalaamu Alaikum,

My brother for you to come here with such an issue shows you have concern over your sins and your imaan (faith). That is a good sign as we should all feel that our sins are like a big weight or burden upon our shoulders.

So my brother know that Salaah is obligatory upon you from the moment you become baaligh (go through puberty). So you must calculate what you have missed from then up to now and make a firm commitment to Allah that you will never miss any of your prayers again.

So all is not lost my brother. If we ask of Allah sincerely during these blessed nights for forgiveness for all of our minor and major sins and bad habits with utter remorse and make a firm commitment to him that we will try our best to obey all of his commands and live our lives trying to please and get closer to him.

That we will not live our lives merely chasing this dunya (worldly life) which can end at any second but that we will focus on preparing for our death and make our focus the Hereafter.

Those are they who have bought the life of this world at the price of the Hereafter. Their torment shall not be lightened nor shall they be helped. (Qur’an 2:86)

Remember: Zaid ibn Thabit (Ra) reported: The Prophet (Sallallahu Alaihi Wasallam), said, “Whoever makes the world his most important matter, Allah will confound his affairs and make poverty appear before his eyes and he will not get anything from the world except what has been decreed for him. Whoever makes the Hereafter his most important matter, Allah will settle his affairs and make him content in his heart and the world will come to him although he does not want it.” (Sunan Ibn Mājah 4105)

What better time to change our lives and get closer to Allah than during these blessed last few days and nights of Ramadan?

Please read through the following imaan boosting threads:

Utterly regretful in the Hereafter

Utterly regretful in the Hereafter

When will our last moment be?

When will our last moment be?

30 Ways to earn the Top Ranks of Jannah:

30 ways to Gain the Top Ranks of Jannah

10 Steps to Increase our Iman(Faith)

10 Steps to Increase our Iman (Faith) - Updated version

Do you want to see Allah?

Do You Want To See Allah?

The Virtues of praying Tahajjud - The Night Vigil Prayer

The Virtues of praying Tahajjud - The Night Vigil Prayer

30 ways to Gain the Top Ranks of Jannah

Defeat Shaythan by learning his tricks

Defeat Shaythan by learning his tricks!

If you need anything else then please do not hesitate to ask.

May Allah enable us to change our lives for the better now before our death approaches. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.