/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is there anybody willing to teach me some sylheti ? :)

A belgian guy
06-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Hello brothers and sisters !
I would like to know some sylheti for my wife's family, we're not yet married but engaged and I want to impress her family by speaking sylheti fluently if possible lol + It's a very nice language and I absolutly looove learning languages haha So yeah if anybody is willing to teach me some things i can teach you back french/english/german ;^)
I already know the basics like Ami naam Luca, Tumi khairai kita ?,.. But my "girlfriend" doesn't know much since she grew up in England lol
Thank youu !

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
AbdurRahman.
06-06-2017, 05:53 PM
bala aso ni - is "are you well?" to which u reply ji-oy bhala asi (u can leave the ji out if u dont have to be polite to the person) ORRR u can say - asi ekh-rokhom ...

A belgian guy
06-06-2017, 10:38 PM
If you're a native in sylheti could you tell me the pronoun like I, You, He, She, .. ? Would be lovely haha

Zeal
06-09-2017, 12:45 AM
format_quote Originally Posted by A belgian guy
If you're a native in sylheti could you tell me the pronoun like I, You, He, She, .. ? Would be lovely haha
Ami, afnah, heh, tai

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
A belgian guy
06-09-2017, 01:01 PM
Are you sure it's sylheti ? Atm i've learned it was Ami, tumi/afne, taine/tair, amra and tara for they

Abz2000
06-09-2017, 01:19 PM
You're better off learning Arabic and understanding the Quran so you can live by it.

A belgian guy
06-09-2017, 06:17 PM
I can do both at once brother ;)
I did the same with english and german

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.