/* */

PDA

View Full Version : Is it haram to vote?

nonmuslim39
06-07-2017, 11:53 PM
I have witnessed various Muslims tell other Muslims not to vote in the imminent UK General Election. Why? What is the justification for this?

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
Life_Is_Short
06-08-2017, 12:16 AM
I do not know any justification for why we shouldn't vote. I think it's more important for us muslims to vote, more than anyone else, as we do not want any more unjust rulers, the likes of trump and others.

Bobbyflay23
06-08-2017, 02:17 AM
https://youtu.be/UD18NX9Nft0

Hamza Asadullah
06-08-2017, 02:20 AM
Asalaamu Alaikum.

Voting itself is not obligatory in Islamic law, but rather the aim behind it is to achieve the greatest benefit for Muslims or avoiding the greatest amount of evil as possible.

Personally having looked at party manifesto's from the main 3 party's and Theresa May's terrible track record and the fact she is closely aligned with Trump and wants to bring about ever more restrictive, archaic laws against Muslims then I would personally vote Labour as I perceive they are the greatest benefit for and least evil toward Muslims as compared to other parties.

An archaic perspective from those who say we shouldn't vote comes from many of those who blindly spport their corrupt unelected dictatorships and Monarchies who themselves are fully aligned to towards other tyrants, despotic regimes and dictatorships.

By voting it does not mean one one is "accepting" democracy or western or man made law over the law of Allah for that is extremely flawed extreme and intolerant but it is to vote for those who one perceives will be the greatest benefit to the Muslims and the least harm.

By allowing Theresa May to get into power is to subject Muslims in this country to continued supression and human rights violations as Theresa May is proposing.

May Allah help us to change our ways so that we have good leaders who reflect us. Ameen

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.