PDA

View Full Version : Is World of Warcraft Haram or ?



Serinity
06-08-2017, 06:00 PM
:salam:

Is it? I played it a bit, and noticed some quests that had kufr in it.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Login/Register to hide ads. Scroll down for more posts
azc
06-08-2017, 06:29 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Is it? I played it a bit, and noticed some quests that had kufr in it.


Allahu alam.
:wa:

When you see kufr in it then why you ask it being halal or haram?
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-08-2017, 06:37 PM
---, as long as its not an explicit game or overly suggestive or has bad language its fine. If it distracts from your duties as a muslim its not fine. Eg im a pretty big comic book fan and i read marvel comics regularly however i dont let it distract me from my islamic duties
Reply

Aaqib
06-08-2017, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Is it? I played it a bit, and noticed some quests that had kufr in it.

Allahu alam.
Like how?
Reply

Welcome, Guest!
Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up
Ineed Umar
06-09-2017, 07:50 AM
World of Warcraft and any such videogames are not Haram but muqrooh. They can be a source of time waste and an addiction as well.

Some games are not bad, such as Brain Age, Car, Aeroplane and other simulator because they may also teach you something.

Games like GTA and COD etc are Haram as they teach Haram.

P.S I'd recommend you play undertale it's a beautiful videogame, just be sure to not kill anything in it.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-09-2017, 09:25 AM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
World of Warcraft and any such videogames are not Haram but muqrooh. They can be a source of time waste and an addiction as well.

Some games are not bad, such as Brain Age, Car, Aeroplane and other simulator because they may also teach you something.

Games like GTA and COD etc are Haram as they teach Haram.

P.S I'd recommend you play undertale it's a beautiful videogame, just be sure to not kill anything in it.
I reallllyyy want to try undertale tbh
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 09:52 AM
:salam:

Well, it does, from what I've seen have shirky plot.. So best avoided.

Allahu alam
Reply

Simple_Person
06-09-2017, 10:12 AM
I would better advice you to NOT play such games. The only games that i play are puzzle games (Sudoku) or brain training on Nintendo DS.



We know of hadith that Rasullah(saws) has said that the world will be filled with corruption. With that we look if that is so..what is being promoted?

What we see is being promoted are for example these kind of things..

- Riba
- Alcohol
- Music

The more SOMETHING is being promoted the more fishy it gets. With that also games. Games are being HIGHLY promoted to play. HOW COME?? If games would have been good for our imaan, FOR SURE sheytan would NOT have promoted it right? You get what i am trying to say? You will be doing things in games that you are not aware are shirk, because doing something in a game also has some impact on our heart you know. I know the urge to want to play now and then a game, you are not the only one having that urge, but for the sake of Allah give it up and spend your time on beneficial things.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-09-2017, 10:15 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
I would better advice you to NOT play such games. The only games that i play are puzzle games (Sudoku) or brain training on Nintendo DS.



We know of hadith that Rasullah(saws) has said that the world will be filled with corruption. With that we look if that is so..what is being promoted?

What we see is being promoted are for example these kind of things..

- Riba
- Alcohol
- Music

The more SOMETHING is being promoted the more fishy it gets. With that also games. Games are being HIGHLY promoted to play. HOW COME?? If games would have been good for our imaan, FOR SURE sheytan would NOT have promoted it right? You get what i am trying to say? You will be doing things in games that you are not aware are shirk, because doing something in a game also has some impact on our heart you know. I know the urge to want to play now and then a game, you are not the only one having that urge, but for the sake of Allah give it up and spend your time on beneficial things.
yeah, i dont play video games which are overly violent or promoting alcohol. Tbh i don't play much video games
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 10:20 AM
:salam:

I regret trying to play it.. it is addicting.

but I will stop for the sake of Allah. It has a lot of shirk in it, prob.

Allahu alam.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-09-2017, 10:20 AM
If your interested in video games,im playing one called Mirrors edge its good
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-09-2017, 10:21 AM
tge omly violence is like punching a guard in the face when trying to get away and theres nothing suggestive i've seen so far
Reply

Simple_Person
06-09-2017, 10:37 AM
No play only games that are not highly promoted, rather that you benefit from it and also can stop right now and do something else. Which means almost 99:9% of the games out there should not be played anymore.

I myself was a BIG fan of Legend of Zelda games..however when i looked a bit more in to this..i stopped cold turkey. We have SOO MUCH more to do in our free time that is beneficial instead of playing games. Go learn a new language..go read a book about something..go watch a documentary..go get a new hobby that you learn something with it.

With games i mean i have played GTA5..i have played almost ALL other GTA games..to counter strike to COD (Call of Duty) to Serious Sam series to pokemon games on Gameboy/gameboy advance/Nintendo (3)DS..to a lot of other games..but what have i benefited? Absolutely NOTHING. I have just wasted HOURS and HOURS of my time.
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 10:50 AM
:salam:

Okay, I have uninstalled WoW and the Blizzard app. I don't want to become a hypocrite so yeah.

I hate the shirk and kufr in it and obv I reject it. But I kind of want a HALAL version of MMORPG in Jannah.. With no shirk or kufr.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-09-2017, 05:22 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
:salam:

Okay, I have uninstalled WoW and the Blizzard app. I don't want to become a hypocrite so yeah.

I hate the shirk and kufr in it and obv I reject it. But I kind of want a HALAL version of MMORPG in Jannah.. With no shirk or kufr.

Allahu alam.
Brother stop playing such games. Try to change this habit of yours. Playing games is a habit done in your free time. What you rather needs to ask yourself is what do i love to do? (i love for example gardening)..and reading books, documentaries, nature documentaries like the BBC nature documentaries.

Right now it is part of your desire of wanting to play. If you long enough stay away from it..then automatically you will not miss it. So go find yourself things to do that are beneficial but also fun to do. You wanna learn to cook and make certain dishes? You want to learn certain profession ..internet is FULL of ebooks and knowledge.
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 05:36 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Brother stop playing such games. Try to change this habit of yours. Playing games is a habit done in your free time. What you rather needs to ask yourself is what do i love to do? (i love for example gardening)..and reading books, documentaries, nature documentaries like the BBC nature documentaries.

Right now it is part of your desire of wanting to play. If you long enough stay away from it..then automatically you will not miss it. So go find yourself things to do that are beneficial but also fun to do. You wanna learn to cook and make certain dishes? You want to learn certain profession ..internet is FULL of ebooks and knowledge.
No joke, when I was younger I learnt how to make muffins and cakes lol.

Right now, I like reading captivating stories without shirk or kufr in it obviously.

I may want to bake something.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-09-2017, 06:01 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
No joke, when I was younger I learnt how to make muffins and cakes lol.

Right now, I like reading captivating stories without shirk or kufr in it obviously.

I may want to bake something.

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Go do that. Do things that are beneficial. I mean playing games is SERIOUSLY killing time and you will not learn anything beneficial from it. So go learn things that you feel proud of knowing it or doing it.
Reply

Bosanac
06-09-2017, 09:32 PM
For the alliance!
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 09:34 PM
Originally Posted by Bosanac
For the alliance!
you play it?
Reply

Bosanac
06-09-2017, 09:52 PM
Used to, all my friends did, but stopped playing a few years ago. The game got stale for us and we all moved on to other stuff.

On topic, I don't think the game is Haram nor a big waste of time. Non gamers and/or non wow players would be surprised at how much the game can teach you about social skills, economics, organization, etc.

You'll probably get a lot of different opinions from everyone though, and many will probably be a lot more knowledgeable than me when it comes to this stuff.

However many of the (Muslim) friends I played with are really knowledgeable and observant in regards to the deen and had no problems playing it. Heck, those nerds are the ones who got me into it in the first place :/
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-09-2017, 09:57 PM
read! I read all the time and its easy to find stuff you'l be interested in eg i read comic books and regular novels
Reply

Serinity
06-09-2017, 10:02 PM
But the plot is shirky. Surely that makes it haram?
Reply

Ineed Umar
06-09-2017, 10:45 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
But the plot is shirky. Surely that makes it haram?
Well it does and does not, depends on the situation, if the plot involves real life religion etc then it might be, but everything in it is purely fictional and ludicrous for one to believe.

Personally whenever I see or obserbe shirky fiction I tend to think that god is a noun, while Allah is a proper noun.

God simply defines idols for me and Allah swt defines well Allah swt nothing else. Still won't recommend playing it, but if you play games please do try undertale, it's not addicting and had a really charming story.
Reply

MisterK
06-10-2017, 12:02 AM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Well it does and does not, depends on the situation, if the plot involves real life religion etc then it might be, but everything in it is purely fictional and ludicrous for one to believe.

Personally whenever I see or obserbe shirky fiction I tend to think that god is a noun, while Allah is a proper noun.

God simply defines idols for me and Allah swt defines well Allah swt nothing else. Still won't recommend playing it, but if you play games please do try undertale, it's not addicting and had a really charming story.
Even if they used real religious ideas, if you know it is fiction, how might that be haram? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't know.

For example, the movie, terrible as it was, "The Gods of Egypt." In the movie, the gods of ancient Egypt are shown to be real. However, the movie itself is fictional, and presents itself as fiction, it is just using gods from an ancient religion to tell a story, not to pass itself off as true or to convert people to worship Ra, or anything like that. So, even using actual religious iconagraphy and lore, given it is a intended as a fictional story, not truth, would even something with content like that actually be haram?
Reply

Zafran
06-10-2017, 12:50 AM
salaam

Fiction - video games are fiction like books or movies - they should be treated as such - Your not learning Islam from them - your using them for entertainment purposes only. Unless they have something haram.
Reply

Bosanac
06-10-2017, 12:57 AM
Not to mention most of the lore in the game is lame. I only really enjoyed the lich king story >_>

PvP is where it's at!
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 01:03 AM
I quite playing skyrim because it had shirk in it there's a fatwa from islamqa saying that video games are halal unless it contains shirk or kuffar or anything that promotes haram so sexual activity and stuff so that means that according to islamqa world of Warcraft is haram
Reply

Serinity
06-10-2017, 01:19 AM
So it is haram, okay.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 01:27 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
No play only games that are not highly promoted, rather that you benefit from it and also can stop right now and do something else. Which means almost 99:9% of the games out there should not be played anymore.

I myself was a BIG fan of Legend of Zelda games..however when i looked a bit more in to this..i stopped cold turkey. We have SOO MUCH more to do in our free time that is beneficial instead of playing games. Go learn a new language..go read a book about something..go watch a documentary..go get a new hobby that you learn something with it.

With games i mean i have played GTA5..i have played almost ALL other GTA games..to counter strike to COD (Call of Duty) to Serious Sam series to pokemon games on Gameboy/gameboy advance/Nintendo (3)DS..to a lot of other games..but what have i benefited? Absolutely NOTHING. I have just wasted HOURS and HOURS of my time.
Okay bro Sheyton does not control everything he doesn't declare which game will be popular and boom it's popular he doesn't decided which company gets enough money to advertise he doesn't because allah sends the provision on but Sheyton can do waswas to the person making the game and also shirk and kuffar I would in my opinion say stay away from games like that same goes to sexual content because it resembles a human and is basically the same as a haram video but wth killing it's different because in my opinion it's much different if it's kinda just kill people in the opposite side on multiplayer and there is no story that teaches you bad morals like revenge then it's fine because you can go out and play airsoft or paintball which is the same thing and they could just replace the guns with paintball guns it's the same thing it's just a game and the person straight up respawns and stuff also like the whole killing aspect usually in times of war your allowed to kill enemy soldiers well in the game usually the story protrays the opposite side as super bad and actually has some valid reasons in real life wouldn't you be allowed to engage in a war with halal reasons to fight? And on top of that like the whole addicting stuff yes u should stay away if you can't handle yourself like you need to keep your obligatory stuff up you need to do extra deeds and stuff and you need to go out and enjoy nature so balance it simple I'm sure your thinking it's super bad for you and unsocial but not every single person is as mature as you and productive allot of us can't just be super productive 24/7 we need some form of entertainment and Islam is completley okay with entertainment but it's said that overdoing it is from Sheyton Islam isn't going to stress us out and not allow us to use any stress reliever and like for me video games are super good because I can't go and prayall day so if I didn't play video games what would I go do? Probably go hangout with the kids at my school which all my friends smoke and stuff so should we just not play video games and go hangout with someone who's going to backbite and I could list a bunch of scenarios today's environment is super sexualised and focused on haram if someone where to give up video games it's possible that same person would go back to haram they used to do like maybe that person used to masterbate honestly video games is a gift from allah as it serves us somthing to do in a environment full of haram and it allows us to break haram habits
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 01:28 AM
I like a game called metal gear solid 5 I've been stuck to it for over a year and it's super cool
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 01:29 AM
Originally Posted by Serinity
So it is haram, okay.

Allahu alam.
The fatwa also said excessive violence too but I don't really agree with that part at all for many reasons and I personally think they only said that part because adults in this society don't really like games and stuff
Reply

Serinity
06-10-2017, 01:58 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
The fatwa also said excessive violence too but I don't really agree with that part at all for many reasons and I personally think they only said that part because adults in this society don't really like games and stuff
Yeah, I see nothing wrong with excessive violence in games. (not speaking of reality here)

But to me at least, violence in games is quite innocent.

Allahu alam.
Reply

Ineed Umar
06-10-2017, 09:06 AM
Originally Posted by MisterK
Even if they used real religious ideas, if you know it is fiction, how might that be haram? I'm legitimately asking, as I don't know.

For example, the movie, terrible as it was, "The Gods of Egypt." In the movie, the gods of ancient Egypt are shown to be real. However, the movie itself is fictional, and presents itself as fiction, it is just using gods from an ancient religion to tell a story, not to pass itself off as true or to convert people to worship Ra, or anything like that. So, even using actual religious iconagraphy and lore, given it is a intended as a fictional story, not truth, would even something with content like that actually be haram?
Well what if there was a game based on Crusade which portrayed Muslims as the bad guys and such you Know and vice versa it would do nothing but promote hatred wouldn't it?
Reply

Bosanac
06-10-2017, 01:28 PM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Well what if there was a game based on Crusade which portrayed Muslims as the bad guys and such you Know and vice versa it would do nothing but promote hatred wouldn't it?
It would be a rude game and in bad taste and Muslims would likely avoid it on those grounds alone. However World of Warcraft has nothing remotely close to that type of content so I don't see the relevance to the topic at hand.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-10-2017, 01:50 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Okay bro Sheyton does not control everything he doesn't declare which game will be popular and boom it's popular he doesn't decided which company gets enough money to advertise he doesn't because allah sends the provision on but Sheyton can do waswas to the person making the game and also shirk and kuffar I would in my opinion say stay away from games like that same goes to sexual content because it resembles a human and is basically the same as a haram video but wth killing it's different because in my opinion it's much different if it's kinda just kill people in the opposite side on multiplayer and there is no story that teaches you bad morals like revenge then it's fine because you can go out and play airsoft or paintball which is the same thing and they could just replace the guns with paintball guns it's the same thing it's just a game and the person straight up respawns and stuff also like the whole killing aspect usually in times of war your allowed to kill enemy soldiers well in the game usually the story protrays the opposite side as super bad and actually has some valid reasons in real life wouldn't you be allowed to engage in a war with halal reasons to fight? And on top of that like the whole addicting stuff yes u should stay away if you can't handle yourself like you need to keep your obligatory stuff up you need to do extra deeds and stuff and you need to go out and enjoy nature so balance it simple I'm sure your thinking it's super bad for you and unsocial but not every single person is as mature as you and productive allot of us can't just be super productive 24/7 we need some form of entertainment and Islam is completley okay with entertainment but it's said that overdoing it is from Sheyton Islam isn't going to stress us out and not allow us to use any stress reliever and like for me video games are super good because I can't go and prayall day so if I didn't play video games what would I go do? Probably go hangout with the kids at my school which all my friends smoke and stuff so should we just not play video games and go hangout with someone who's going to backbite and I could list a bunch of scenarios today's environment is super sexualised and focused on haram if someone where to give up video games it's possible that same person would go back to haram they used to do like maybe that person used to masterbate honestly video games is a gift from allah as it serves us somthing to do in a environment full of haram and it allows us to break haram habits
Not really brother. You are looking at it from a shallow point of view but also from a very black and white perspective.

If we talk about games done in groups outside, there is the fun part, there is the interaction part as (REAL INTERACTION) but also the exercise. Playing for example paitpall..you also get tired after lets say 1-2 hours. A lot of fun but also tired. Your mind also works totally different then when you play games.

When you play video games, your brain mostly goes on standby mode (zombie-mode)..because it takes less energy, you also pay HOURS and HOURS. Besides that, the addict behavior of it..has no limits. When one becomes so obsessed with it, you often even forget ..ooh i need to eat ooh i need to take a shower..ooh i need to go outside take fresh air. You spend for example with WOW (world of warcraft) so much time in developing your character and doing battle..getting stuff. However what have you really achieved? I mean seriously what have you achieved? You have a "orc warrior"..that has weapons x,y,z ..that has certain kind of armor..that shines..but again WHAT HAVE YOU ACHIEVED..?? Nothing..absolutely nothing. Just wasted A LOT of your time. There is so much to do for fun even if you are home, the problem is certain activities have gotten the emphasis on it, while other activities not.

Reading a magazine for example Quest. It is fun to read and you get a lot of beneficial information. Reading a book to name one for example "The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho", it is fun to read, your brain is active compared to playing games and you also learn to read better and maybe even new words. There is SOO MUCH to do i am NOT kidding you, but we tend to limit things to only a few things (playing video games, watching a movie/series).

Also it isn't the purpose of shetan to declare which game is popular, but to get you entangled in the web of playing video games.
Reply

Serinity
06-10-2017, 03:45 PM
Well bottom line is, it should be avoided because there is kufr and shirk in it.

Isn't it that a game that has kufr in it, is haram?

And Allah :swt: knows best.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 08:46 PM
Deleted
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 09:07 PM
Anything can be addicting and I mean literally anything if your a practicing Muslim PAST the age of puberty your not going to let some video games or any addiction take you away from your life I play video games and I still hang with family I still do chores I still pay attention to deen I still try to talk to my mom on the phone I still go outside I still hang wth friends and all of these things I have a busy schedule there's things more entertaining then video games because after a too long or doing it everyday of the week video games get boring even gamers know this kids and kuffar may be unrespoible with games but I'm sure any practing Muslim that's some what mature will put down there game and enjoy some of the other blessing allah has put in there life there's tons of fitna out there in the world not everybody can read things all day and I admire this trait you have acquired and it's honorable but not everybody can just sit there and learn for fun video games may be one of the best blessings besides the Quran for avoiding the fitna in this day and age video games and Islam is how I basically quite all of the haram addictions that I am aware off
Reply

Serinity
06-10-2017, 09:11 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Anything can be addicting and I mean literally anything if your a practicing Muslim PAST the age of puberty your not going to let some video games or any addiction take you away from your life I play video games and I still hang with family I still do chores I still pay attention to deen I still try to talk to my mom on the phone I still go outside I still hang wth friends and all of these things I have a busy schedule there's things more entertaining then video games because after a too long or doing it everyday of the week video games get boring even gamers know this kids and kuffar may be unrespoible with games but I'm sure any practing Muslim that's some what mature will put down there game and enjoy some of the other blessing allah has put in there life there's tons of fitna out there in the world not everybody can read things all day and I admire this trait you have acquired and it's honorable but not everybody can just sit there and learn for fun video games may be one of the best blessings besides the Quran for avoiding the fitna in this day and age video games and Islam is how I basically quite all of the haram addictions that I am aware off
what games do you play atm? Only depressed insecure people let video games take over their lives.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Okay bro when I play video games it's reduced so much probably a few times a week for a UP to 4 hours maybe longer somtimes most the time it's only like 2 hours or less and that's like 3 out 7 days in the week because I'll go hang out with my friends but I mean if you think about it wouldn't it be better for me to go play some video games then hang out with my friends I mean after all they are kuffar and curse and all that stuff not everybody gets entertained by reading allot of people now a days are allot more visual minded I mean sure I can pick up a book and read for a lil while but I allready have that Quran and Islamic lectures that's enough knowledge for me when it comes down to wasting my time I can't stand reading instead I need somthing I can actually see and stuff somthing visual like videos or video games or movies (I don really watch movies no more and with videos I watch funny videos somtimes but rarly and then somtimes watch intresting videos like yesterday there was this one dude that ejected out of supersonic flight in a plane) but with video games it's a great way to spend my time away from the fitna of the dunya when for example all of my friends are smoking I'm not going to hangout with them while they do that so I play video games on those days is that not good? I'm sure everybody who is a Muslim and plays video games is the same way there's much fitna in this world and video games is a great way to keep yourself away from it as long as you choose the right games and are mature about it I'll admit I'm only mature when it comes to balancing video games with Islam I have awful grades tho(mostly just cs and ds in America ds are passing) so I mean really if video games is taking you away from the fitna of the world and it's not taking you away from your obligations what's the problem with it yes some people can't handle it and play all day but those are little kids most the time mature people that play video games play it for like a long time but they don't play it every day
LIke i earlier said, there are A LOT of things to do. However we tend to narrow things to the "usual" things.

- Hangout with friends
- Play games
- Watch a movie

This day and age, fun is reduced to these kind of things.

You do not have to hangout with friends. You can also go take a walk to a park. I even advice people to do that..ON YOUR OWN. Time to ponder about things..just walk by yourself and ponder. Or work out. Brother @Serinity said he used to bake cakes and stuff in the past. I already said that i with my new apartment started gardening. Also planning to make my own bread. Some people paint, some people love to mess with things (computers for example). I myself also love to improve things in my own house by implementing new kind of software with router/NAS to make my own life much easier. Others spend time learning new programming language like PHP, HTML..CSS..and thus create their own website. Some knit and others love to make their own clothes, some people buy a Raspberry Pi (small computer) and try to create their own little project...while others have fish and chickens to take care of. There are people that love to mess with their car and tune it, while there are others who mess with their scooter. And there are even others that write poems.

Brother there is SOOO MUCH to do, that is not only fun, but also beneficial. All the things that i have just mentioned are one way or the other beneficial at the end of the day. So the problem is not things to do, the problem is your creativity has been killed by games and society that has restricted you. Not always do we have to keep ourselves occupied with Islam you know. Balance.. take some dunya, take some akhira. What i mean by this is take the benefit from the dunya and also balance the other side of not forgetting the akhira (praying, learning Qur'an, fasting..you name it).
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 09:17 PM
Originally Posted by Serinity
what games do you play atm?
Mgsv - free world stealth game gives you the choice to kill people or knock them out and or use tranquilizer rounds and like it has a super good story and if you really want to you don't have to be stealth you could go Rambo it's been my favorite game since it came out which I think was 1-2 years ago
Fallout 4 - rpg you can play mods on it even on consoles and build your own house and stuff and it's for a decent story but it's a free world and it's pretty fun one of my fav games
Minecraft - I don't play it right now but everybody knows that game it's a classic
Need for speed - it's a free world racing game I would suggest getting a different racing game but it's pretty cheap and fun if you don't have much money for a good racing game
Black ops 3 - everybody knows this game too I only like the zombies and i just got back into multiplayer because I don't have enough multiplayer games but they brought back a bunch of old maps on zombies from black ops 1 like kinder toten
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 09:22 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
LIke i earlier said, there are A LOT of things to do. However we tend to narrow things to the "usual" things.

- Hangout with friends
- Play games
- Watch a movie

This day and age, fun is reduced to these kind of things.

You do not have to hangout with friends. You can also go take a walk to a park. I even advice people to do that..ON YOUR OWN. Time to ponder about things..just walk by yourself and ponder. Or work out. Brother @Serinity said he used to bake cakes and stuff in the past. I already said that i with my new apartment started gardening. Also planning to make my own bread. Some people paint, some people love to mess with things (computers for example). I myself also love to improve things in my own house by implementing new kind of software with router/NAS to make my own life much easier. Others spend time learning new programming language like PHP, HTML..CSS..and thus create their own website. Some knit and others love to make their own clothes, some people buy a Raspberry Pi (small computer) and try to create their own little project...while others have fish and chickens to take care of. There are people that love to mess with their car and tune it, while there are others who mess with their scooter. And there are even others that write poems.

Brother there is SOOO MUCH to do, that is not only fun, but also beneficial. All the things that i have just mentioned are one way or the other beneficial at the end of the day. So the problem is not things to do, the problem is your creativity has been killed by games and society that has restricted you. Not always do we have to keep ourselves occupied with Islam you know. Balance.. take some dunya, take some akhira. What i mean by this is take the benefit from the dunya and also balance the other side of not forgetting the akhira (praying, learning Qur'an, fasting..you name it).
Okay bro I'm not uncreative or anything nobody said I don't go out into nature I go out into nature and go longboarding just as much as I play video games and then I also do dawah in a nature trail nearby my house and I become better at it and I somtimes I take my cuzin out to subway or somthing I mean I take a graphics class and I like I hangout with my family quite a bit your just jumping on the hobbies that I do that are in productive I still listen to a ton of Islamic lectures I still watch some videos that are benifical in learning but I also watch entertaining videos and I also watch Islamic videos
Reply

Simple_Person
06-10-2017, 09:39 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Okay bro I'm not uncreative or anything nobody said I don't go out into nature I go out into nature and go longboarding just as much as I play video games and then I also do dawah in a nature trail nearby my house and I become better at it and I somtimes I take my cuzin out to subway or somthing I mean I take a graphics class and I like I hangout with my family quite a bit your just jumping on the hobbies that I do that are in productive I still listen to a ton of Islamic lectures I still watch some videos that are benifical in learning but I also watch entertaining videos and I also watch Islamic videos
So you don't really have any excuse to play games as you already can fill up your time with beneficial things ;). Again everything in a balanced way with Islam..
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
So you don't really have any excuse to play games as you already can fill up your time with beneficial things ;). Again everything in a balanced way with Islam..
Well I do have a excuse why I don't want to learn or read I mean when I was a kid my dad sorta just trapped me in the house and never let me leave and talk to friends and stuff and like he used to make me learn constantly like it I had no homework from school he'd print me out homework to work on for like another hour straight up on weekends I would wake up to have to do a packet he printed out for two hours and all this stuff and then he made me go on some learning website about recent world advancements like robots and stuff like you know how boring that is to do until you finally hit highschool I'll admit during middle school it slowed down hella but im pretty sure I'm fed up with learning and also I never really got video games for a while like I was only allowed to play during summer break so there was legit no entertainment at all espically for being a kid just some toys to play with bymyself I am not envolped with useless entertainment I just engage in it just as much as I engage in useful entertainment. I'm not gonna go pick up a book and read I'm fed up with that stuff but I will do fun activities and I'll still go to college and stuff in general I like to be outside and interact with things in real life but I don't wanna spend my entire time like that so somtimes I play video games for a bit tbh I'm probably gonna stop video games when I get married or only have some causal video games like a Nintendo console to play 2 player games
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-10-2017, 10:06 PM
Anyway we are going super off topic yes I think Warcraft is haram sorry for going so off topic serenity
Reply

Simple_Person
06-11-2017, 08:46 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Well I do have a excuse why I don't want to learn or read I mean when I was a kid my dad sorta just trapped me in the house and never let me leave and talk to friends and stuff and like he used to make me learn constantly like it I had no homework from school he'd print me out homework to work on for like another hour straight up on weekends I would wake up to have to do a packet he printed out for two hours and all this stuff and then he made me go on some learning website about recent world advancements like robots and stuff like you know how boring that is to do until you finally hit highschool I'll admit during middle school it slowed down hella but im pretty sure I'm fed up with learning and also I never really got video games for a while like I was only allowed to play during summer break so there was legit no entertainment at all espically for being a kid just some toys to play with bymyself I am not envolped with useless entertainment I just engage in it just as much as I engage in useful entertainment. I'm not gonna go pick up a book and read I'm fed up with that stuff but I will do fun activities and I'll still go to college and stuff in general I like to be outside and interact with things in real life but I don't wanna spend my entire time like that so somtimes I play video games for a bit tbh I'm probably gonna stop video games when I get married or only have some causal video games like a Nintendo console to play 2 player games
If you ask me, is school good? I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!. If you ask me, did i love school especially when older? I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!. What is my opinion of school? Mass production of sheeple to make them think WITHIN a box.

What do i say about knowledge? I love knowledge. In the west you see school gives students so much stress, that they associate knowledge with stress and boredom. Rather you should associate school with boredom and nonsense. Think deeply about the last moment you came to know of something and you were all existed of woooowww..how cool is that. Mine was within i believe the last month. I have at least once a month such a moment alhamdulillah. This excitement is good for the heart as well as for the brain. When you do not experience that anymore, it becomes a boring life. There is the excitement to play for example some kind of game, but in the end and I KNOW YOU ALSO KNOW that..the moment you have played it..it isn't excited to even look at it.

To give you an example. I bought my PS3 i believe in 2008. A few years later i stood still and asked my self how come i should pay for every new game? It costs me like €40-60 every time. So i looked online and i hacked my PS3. I replaced the hard drive with a 1 TB hard drive and connected it with my network. I downloaded the PS3 games from internet and transferred them on the FTP-server on the PS3. I had maybe like 60 games on there..from PS3 to PSX-games (classics like Crash bandicoot, Tomb raider (old one), to even i believe a emulator to be able to play Nintendo games. ) The project/achievement i was proud of and was excited about achieving it as when a new Fifa game would be released i would download it and put it on m PS3. However at a certain time i had games on there that i NEVER even played. It became very boring.

Even now, looking at my project of hacking it, i look with satisfaction and say alhamdulillah that Allah had gave me that ability to be creative in making things and seeing how to optimize certain existing things. But playing the game it self was no "WOOW"-effect, because i had all those games, but whenever i look back at all those games wanting to play..not really excited about it. I sold my hacked-PS3 back in 2013 when i realized that i was wasting TOO much time playing games like GTA5.

However i have now only a Nintendo 3DS (also hacked with downgrading of the firmware)...playing brain training games only.

So if you ponder often you find logical reasons why you should indeed find certain things boring and other things not be be associated with boredom. Find that "woooow.."-effect and every time when you even have achieved that "woow"-effect like couple of years back you look with satisfaction back on it.

Brother @Serinity said he made cakes in the past, when hearing that i was even excited and maybe in the future gonna ask him to teach me :). I mean how AWESOME is it to make your own cake?? So you in the future if you want to eat some cake or so with all those garbage put in the food now a days ..just make your own. Be able to manipulate the taste to what you find delicious.

I hope even to find some brothers/sisters on this forum that could teach me about the healing herbs (knowledge and wisdom of the past). So i could grow them or buy them to not be so reliant on western medicine.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-11-2017, 08:57 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
If you ask me, is school good? I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!. If you ask me, did i love school especially when older? I say ABSOLUTELY NOT!!. What is my opinion of school? Mass production of sheeple to make them think WITHIN a box.

What do i say about knowledge? I love knowledge. In the west you see school gives students so much stress, that they associate knowledge with stress and boredom. Rather you should associate school with boredom and nonsense. Think deeply about the last moment you came to know of something and you were all existed of woooowww..how cool is that. Mine was within i believe the last month. I have at least once a month such a moment alhamdulillah. This excitement is good for the heart as well as for the brain. When you do not experience that anymore, it becomes a boring life. There is the excitement to play for example some kind of game, but in the end and I KNOW YOU ALSO KNOW that..the moment you have played it..it isn't excited to even look at it.

To give you an example. I bought my PS3 i believe in 2008. A few years later i stood still and asked my self how come i should pay for every new game? It costs me like €40-60 every time. So i looked online and i hacked my PS3. I replaced the hard drive with a 1 TB hard drive and connected it with my network. I downloaded the PS3 games from internet and transferred them on the FTP-server on the PS3. I had maybe like 60 games on there..from PS3 to PSX-games (classics like Crash bandicoot, Tomb raider (old one), to even i believe a emulator to be able to play Nintendo games. ) The project/achievement i was proud of and was excited about achieving it as when a new Fifa game would be released i would download it and put it on m PS3. However at a certain time i had games on there that i NEVER even played. It became very boring.

Even now, looking at my project of hacking it, i look with satisfaction and say alhamdulillah that Allah had gave me that ability to be creative in making things and seeing how to optimize certain existing things. But playing the game it self was no "WOOW"-effect, because i had all those games, but whenever i look back at all those games wanting to play..not really excited about it. I sold my hacked-PS3 back in 2013 when i realized that i was wasting TOO much time playing games like GTA5.

However i have now only a Nintendo 3DS (also hacked with downgrading of the firmware)...playing brain training games only.

So if you ponder often you find logical reasons why you should indeed find certain things boring and other things not be be associated with boredom. Find that "woooow.."-effect and every time when you even have achieved that "woow"-effect like couple of years back you look with satisfaction back on it.
I do cad in class and graphics that's good enough lol plus somtimes watching random videos like a fish comoflauging in a room or someone ejecting at 3 times the speed of sound for the most part I also watched videos on the internet all day too of things like robots and artificial intelligence and stuff after doing a few hours of homework still very boring the biggest wow I've had is from deen and it's always gon be like that I don't need to learn about things in the dunya and all the things your talking about are things that I am not allowed to do like my dad doesn't let me cook or learn survival skills or anything and I tried robotics club and it was full of kids and boring if you want to continue this switch to private message as we have completley strayed away from the topic
Reply

Ineed Umar
06-12-2017, 12:32 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Not really brother. You are looking at it from a shallow point of view but also from a very black and white perspective.

If we talk about games done in groups outside, there is the fun part, there is the interaction part as (REAL INTERACTION) but also the exercise. Playing for example paitpall..you also get tired after lets say 1-2 hours. A lot of fun but also tired. Your mind also works totally different then when you play games.

When you play video games, your brain mostly goes on standby mode (zombie-mode)..because it takes less energy, you also pay HOURS and HOURS. Besides that, the addict behavior of it..has no limits. When one becomes so obsessed with it, you often even forget ..ooh i need to eat ooh i need to take a shower..ooh i need to go outside take fresh air. You spend for example with WOW (world of warcraft) so much time in developing your character and doing battle..getting stuff. However what have you really achieved? I mean seriously what have you achieved? You have a "orc warrior"..that has weapons x,y,z ..that has certain kind of armor..that shines..but again WHAT HAVE YOU ACHIEVED..?? Nothing..absolutely nothing. Just wasted A LOT of your time. There is so much to do for fun even if you are home, the problem is certain activities have gotten the emphasis on it, while other activities not.

Reading a magazine for example Quest. It is fun to read and you get a lot of beneficial information. Reading a book to name one for example "The Alchemist - Paulo Coelho", it is fun to read, your brain is active compared to playing games and you also learn to read better and maybe even new words. There is SOO MUCH to do i am NOT kidding you, but we tend to limit things to only a few things (playing video games, watching a movie/series).

Also it isn't the purpose of shetan to declare which game is popular, but to get you entangled in the web of playing video games.
Sorry for off topic, but no video games are not waste of Brain power who told you that? In this day and age the biggest waste of Brain power is 24/7 social media in the youth! Back to video games, many games require skill and critical thinking planning designing etc, not to say all but there are plenty of examples, such as uncharted and Professor Layton games. Also just the task of aiming in game improves our reflexes, not to mention VR coming out we can also use games for our physical benefit. Many games also have readable texts, like RPGS such as Final fantasy, whilst not like educational but still it is reading.
Also a lot of socially active people play video games not just the shy introverts.

Also no offense, but hacking the console and downloading games isn't it like stealing?
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 01:40 AM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Sorry for off topic, but no video games are not waste of Brain power who told you that? In this day and age the biggest waste of Brain power is 24/7 social media in the youth! Back to video games, many games require skill and critical thinking planning designing etc, not to say all but there are plenty of examples, such as uncharted and Professor Layton games. Also just the task of aiming in game improves our reflexes, not to mention VR coming out we can also use games for our physical benefit. Many games also have readable texts, like RPGS such as Final fantasy, whilst not like educational but still it is reading.
Also a lot of socially active people play video games not just the shy introverts.

Also no offense, but hacking the console and downloading games isn't it like stealing?
I'm sure he doesn't do it anymore he's probably talking about his days during his jahiylia (time of arrogance) and yea the game I play mgsv requires planning and allot of innovation like you have to infiltrate a base stealth without someone finding you and spy on someone or rescue someone and stuff and like you have to use markers to make a plan and some enemy's have thermal vision and stuff
Reply

Zeal
06-12-2017, 02:10 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
read! I read all the time and its easy to find stuff you'l be interested in eg i read comic books and regular novels
Books can get really heavy sometimes...
Reply

azc
06-12-2017, 02:25 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
read! I read all the time and its easy to find stuff you'l be interested in eg i read comic books and regular novels
reading comic books and novels......???
Reply

Simple_Person
06-12-2017, 02:57 AM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
Sorry for off topic, but no video games are not waste of Brain power who told you that? In this day and age the biggest waste of Brain power is 24/7 social media in the youth! Back to video games, many games require skill and critical thinking planning designing etc, not to say all but there are plenty of examples, such as uncharted and Professor Layton games. Also just the task of aiming in game improves our reflexes, not to mention VR coming out we can also use games for our physical benefit. Many games also have readable texts, like RPGS such as Final fantasy, whilst not like educational but still it is reading.
Also a lot of socially active people play video games not just the shy introverts.

Also no offense, but hacking the console and downloading games isn't it like stealing?
Brother if you only knew. Did I not mention puzzle games?

Our brain has certain parts the frontal part is in charge of making decisions. However when watching TV and playing FPS games for example this prefrontal cortex isn't active. However when doing puzzle games such as sudoku, making difficult decisions OR reading in general this part of the brain is active. This part of the brain is the last part the is still in development. It can further be trained by reading and doing complicated stuff. The more this part develops the more you have control over your desires and also have more patience. This indeed is true as for teenagers as this part of the brain is still in development ..they have less control over their desires as well as less patience.

The majority of games these days do not fulfill the standard I am talking about.

About stealing games. I use also cracked software as many however me using cracked software one could say is the same right? In Islam there is something as selling a product for certain amount of money. To give you an example. A denim jeans is I believe made for 2 or 5 euros in Asian countries but sold for like €60-120. These days almost everything is according to such standards.

You have also for example with software. To open a *.docx file with Libreoffice(free) you will only encounter problems upon problems because Micro$oft bullies you in to using their paid office software by not making it easy to go and use other software. Games these days have become also in such category. I myself mostly use Linux and opensource software but when I am forced to use by such companies then I choose not to pay such thieves. You like the masses have been brainwashed in to making such companies "victims" and the people who COPY NOT STEAL evil people. Just like Hollywood now a days. The movies they show you contains FULL propaganda and brainwashing. If you choose to not pay such evil systems you are being branded the criminal. It has taken me several years to get rid of the addiction of watching Hollywood movies.

That being said companies such as Nintendo will make a new console and with intention off course not support older games but later on change those old games so it can run on the new console though for example now a days you have something called "virtual console". With that they AGAIN charge money for a game you for example already own.

I also have rooted my phone and thus changed the hosts file ..in other words now no more ads are being shown to me when using free apps. Ads these days, use for sure battery but also contain alot of haram pictures and text.

But nobody is branding such practices as evil. If you want to criminalize people like me by looking from their view go ahead but I tend to look from a objective perspective and then decide what to do. In the past when I still played games I supported Humble Indie Bundle when a new pack came.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-12-2017, 07:26 AM
Originally Posted by azc
reading comic books and novels......???
yeah.. marvel comics and just regular novels,usually teen fiction
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 08:03 AM
Assalamu Alaikum

I absolutely believe that video games in general are part of what is making men lose their masculine attributes these days.

Along with the impact of other influences, it will eventually become that masculinity will be a foreign concept.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-12-2017, 08:15 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Assalamu Alaikum

I absolutely believe that video games in general are part of what is making men lose their masculine attributes these days.

Along with the impact of other influences, it will eventually become that masculinity will be a foreign concept.
really? a lot of video games have pretty conventionally masuculine attributes and traits anyway?
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 08:36 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
really? a lot of video games have pretty conventionally masuculine attributes and traits anyway?
Video games promote physical inactivity, so a guy sitting there wasting his life away for hours playing mindlessly with imaginary characters, getting his feathers all in a ruff when he loses, and living like a slob, is not my idea of masculine :p Also they are such a waste of money, especially when someone is only a fan of one or two games and will eventually buy a whole system and new games after a couple of years just to stay relevant in the gaming world *rolls eyes*

Why not learn real life skills?
Reply

Simple_Person
06-12-2017, 08:50 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Video games promote physical inactivity, so a guy sitting there wasting his life away for hours playing mindlessly with imaginary characters, getting his feathers all in a ruff when he loses, and living like a slob, is not my idea of masculine :p Also they are such a waste of money, especially when someone is only a fan of one or two games and will eventually buy a whole system and new games after a couple of years just to stay relevant in the gaming world *rolls eyes*

Why not learn real life skills?
Touche...

Sister what you just did was breaking the idol-belief worship of many gamers. Me saying it even in the same words doesn't hit that hard but you as a sister it is like setting fire to their game console when they are deep in the game...
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 09:02 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Video games promote physical inactivity, so a guy sitting there wasting his life away for hours playing mindlessly with imaginary characters, getting his feathers all in a ruff when he loses, and living like a slob, is not my idea of masculine :p Also they are such a waste of money, especially when someone is only a fan of one or two games and will eventually buy a whole system and new games after a couple of years just to stay relevant in the gaming world *rolls eyes*

Why not learn real life skills?
Okay you see this is not really the right way to view anything your just looking at the people who abuse it like for me I havnt bought a expensive game (I've bought cheap games) for like way over a year or so to my memory and on top of that I only play a few times a week and am more active then video games plus I go to the gym but I'm a gamer and I'm not unsocial your just looking at the worst of people little kids that are immature tend to be like that but most adults or anyone who's gone out of middle school is not like that at all it's like saying everyone who does drugs sits in a dark room laughing and beats up anyone he sees and stuff or is a druggie when that's not really the case it's just that's the worst case scenario same thing goes to people who like school not all of them are nerds some just do they're homework and don't overdue themselves same goes to basically any hobby it just depends on if you have a abusive personality or not for example I have a family member that has a super abusive personality to electronics and building his house now you may think oh that's not so bad but I mean really he's spent weeks building a fence and his mom complains about how she never sees him and complains she doesn't get to sleep because of him being loud outside and like really all the things he's done has not been worth it for example spending thousands of dollars for asphetics allot of people do useless hobbys and in the end I don't remember what exactly was the hadith but there was a hadith saying everything a human does is useless except for 3 1 : things playing with his wife 2: learning how to use his bow (guns apply I think and also working out and stuff)
3 : haha I forgot
So I mean really simple according to this Hadith you learning things 24/7 is not benificall at all it's just as useless as video games I mean sure learning how to cook and stuff is important but learning about how to hack somthing or learning that the world has recently advanced in somthing is also just as worthless anything we do is worthless so stop attacking other peoples hobbys it's just that some people need to learn moderation
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-12-2017, 09:20 AM
i mean literally all my video gamea are preowned so they're not expensive
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-12-2017, 09:21 AM
and not everyone who play video games just sit around all day on them
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 09:22 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
and not everyone who play video games just sit around all day on them
Ikr that's just very few like in only know like 2 people at my school that abuse video games like that most okay video games but are not addicted only little kids get addicted to them easy
Reply

keiv
06-12-2017, 09:49 AM
World of Warcraft, by design, is meant to keep people playing it. I played it back in 04-05 just to try it and almost could not stop. You do one quest, 2 more pop up. You work on one of the two, you find 3 more before you finish the first one, and so on. All the while being rewarded for it. I'm not sure how it is now a days but, I imagine that it's worse with all the expansions that have come out since. You wake up one morning to play it and before you know it, it's the Isha. It was definitely a time waster for me. Luckily for me, I quit gaming a long time ago and even if I wanted to, I couldn't spend 10 minutes on any game without getting tired of it.

Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Ikr that's just very few like in only know like 2 people at my school that abuse video games like that most okay video games but are not addicted only little kids get addicted to them easy
You'd be surprised by how many adults do nothing but game when they're off from work (if they're even working..). People who neglect everyday life activities just so they can get extra time to play. These are not rare cases by any means either.
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:04 AM
@Bobbyflay23

Sorry bro but I'd rather see a man building and have everyone complain about him then for him to PAY money out of his or his parents' pockets to waste time. I don't care if the game was preused, preowned, free, whatever. It's still a waste of time and has no benefit. If you're under 15, I can understand the hype, but if you're older, you gotta let it go. If you're only playing a few times a week, it's a waste of money, and if you're playing all day long it's a waste of time. Everyone wants to see themselves as the exception, but really, you're not. Just own the truth. The funny thing is even game developers themselves don't even play their own games. They are using their hands and brains to build it, but they reap the benefits of those who are willing to spend the money and waste their time on them. So the only person really benefit anything from games and game consoles are those who build them.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:13 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
@Bobbyflay23

Sorry bro but I'd rather see a man building and have everyone complain about him then for him to PAY money out of his or his parents' pockets to waste time. I don't care if the game was preused, preowned, free, whatever. It's still a waste of time and has no benefit. If you're under 15, I can understand the hype, but if you're older, you gotta let it go. If you're only playing a few times a week, it's a waste of money, and if you're playing all day long it's a waste of time. Everyone wants to see themselves as the exception, but really, you're not. Just own the truth. The funny thing is even game developers themselves don't even play their own games. They are using their hands and brains to build it, but they reap the benefits of those who are willing to spend the money and waste their time on them. So the only person really benefit anything from games and game consoles are those who build them.
Okay but that makes no sense I havnt spent very much money in years and I don't even plan on spending most the money I get this summer on games I actually plan on buying books is a waste of money? What about the guy who spent 10000$ on asphetics your excuse was that even if the guy who plays video games doesn't waste much time he's still wasting money I mean really that makes no sense you know how much money the guy who works on his house wastes and that guy spends all his time on the house and electronics and sleeping never anything else just to look good all other hobbies then the ones that rasoolallah mentions in that Hadith or worthless and you can make them worth somthing yes video games are a waste of time but everyone wastes they're time on things I waste my time somtimes and somtimes I'm productive with my time and you are the same way in fact we are all doing it right now arguing over this subject I could argue spending extra money on your food for it to taste good is a waste of money I could argue going on a walk is a waste of time more then half of what we do isn't truly productive I barley waste my money on video games and I barley waste my time and I'm not addicted as I said it's the same as saying everybody who does drugs is basically addicted and soaks up in alcohol every night but that's obviously not true every hobby can be a waste or resources but everything can be controlled to the minimal i had a period of time where I completely didn't play video games at all but then I had to go to them to quite addictions what would I have done without video games I mean really without it I would hangout with kuffar friends who do drugs and backbite all the time is it really a waste when if it where not for the game I would have nothing to do and be surronded by haram to entertain my self?
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:22 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
Touche...

Sister what you just did was breaking the idol-belief worship of many gamers. Me saying it even in the same words doesn't hit that hard but you as a sister it is like setting fire to their game console when they are deep in the game...
loooooooool ;D ;D

Honestly, this generation of men are so much more feminine than last generations, and it's not just in their style or anything..it's the way they carry themselves, and it will continue til we can't tell the difference between a man and a woman :D

Alhemdulilah my father was a hard working man. He's worked hard all of his life. He came to the US with nothing in his pocket, a child to feed, (cute little me :D) a wife, and didn't know any of the language. Mashallah for as long as I can remember he has NEVER complained when he had all the right to complain. Now you have guys crying like little girls about how they can't get a job and how depressed they, how their parents don't understand them, or how they need drugs in their life to get through the day etc etc all while they have everything they could ever need to be successful. At any sign of difficulty or strife, they run away and escape into their little wonderland of games. And their ultimate excuse is "oh but it's better than doing worse things!" ....yeah ok.

But I am blessed to have seen the example of my parents and grandparents of what overcoming hardship really is. I know what I"m saying is going to hit a nerve with some people, but idc lol. This is just how I view guys these days.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:32 AM
** Reported by al-Qarrab **

On the authority of Abu ad-Darda’, may Allah Almighty shower His favors on him,

who narrates from The Holy Prophet, peace and blessings from Allah Almighty be upon him, who said,

“All games are idle play but three things :
the riding of horses,
the casting of arrows,
and a man playing with his wife ;
And of these the most beloved to me is the casting of arrows.”
There is also another version of the Hadith that replaces wife with family
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Okay but that makes no sense I havnt spent very much money in years and I don't even plan on spending most the money I get this summer on games I actually plan on buying books is a waste of money? What about the guy who spent 10000$ on asphetics your excuse was that even if the guy who plays video games doesn't waste much time he's still wasting money I mean really that makes no sense you know how much money the guy who works on his house wastes and that guy spends all his time on the house and electronics and sleeping never anything else just to look good all other hobbies then the ones that rasoolallah mentions in that Hadith or worthless and you can make them worth somthing yes video games are a waste of time but everyone wastes they're time on things I waste my time somtimes and somtimes I'm productive with my time and you are the same way in fact we are all doing it right now arguing over this subject I could argue spending extra money on your food for it to taste good is a waste of money I could argue going on a walk is a waste of time more then half of what we do isn't truly productive I barley waste my money on video games and I barley waste my time and I'm not addicted as I said it's the same as saying everybody who does drugs is basically addicted and soaks up in alcohol every night but that's obviously not true every hobby can be a waste or resources but everything can be controlled to the minimal i had a period of time where I completely didn't play video games at all but then I had to go to them to quite addictions what would I have done without video games I mean really without it I would hangout with kuffar friends who do drugs and backbite all the time is it really a waste when if it where not for the game I would have nothing to do and be surronded by haram to entertain my self?
Subhanallah, exactly what I pointed out above :D

People who love playing video games will find every excuse to show that it's not a waste of time. To each his own bro. This is just how I view things. I don't run my life by comparing it to worse things. So I'll never say "I waste my time doing this because it's better than doing something worse" ...you never improve with this type of mentality. You have to constantly challenge yourself in REAL life not a virtual reality.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:36 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
Subhanallah, exactly what I pointed out above :D

People who love playing video games will find every excuse to show that it's not a waste of time. To each his own bro. This is just how I view things. I don't run my life by comparing it to worse things. So I'll never say "I waste my time doing this because it's better than doing something worse" ...you never improve with this type of mentality. You have to constantly challenge yourself in REAL life not a virtual reality.
Bruh I never said it's not a waste of time I just said that your just playing the example of the worst case scenario stop putting words in my mouth but everybody does wasteful things with there time I'm doing it right now and so are you
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:37 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
** Reported by al-Qarrab **

On the authority of Abu ad-Darda’, may Allah Almighty shower His favors on him,

who narrates from The Holy Prophet, peace and blessings from Allah Almighty be upon him, who said,

“All games are idle play but three things :
the riding of horses,
the casting of arrows,
and a man playing with his wife ;
And of these the most beloved to me is the casting of arrows.”
There is also another version of the Hadith that replaces wife with family
These are manly sports :D

How amazing life would be if those were still a thing.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:39 AM
... they are just modern versions but a fun and learn to hunt go play with your spouse or family practice driving for fun that simple just to note so I'm not hypocritical I don't know how to drive yet and I don't go hunting but I do hang with family
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:41 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
Bruh I never said it's not a waste of time I just said that your just playing the example of the worst case scenario stop putting words in my mouth but everybody does wasteful things with there time I'm doing it right now and so are you
I should've added to wasting time that there's no benefit to them.

What words did I put in your mouth?

There is no best case scenario for any normal individual. Again all my opinion though.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:43 AM
My point is that everyone has there own hobbies and your just stereotyping people there's people that watch cartoons they'res people that have collections and in the end everybody has a hobbie and they are all useless and all humans waste time what makes your hobbies more useful then my hobbies and note that video games I'm sure is the only hobbie I have that you would consider unmanly and unproductive I'm noting this so it's easier for you to come to the realization that you don't need to be free of modern technology to have a social life and to have a normal life in general
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:44 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
... they are just modern versions but a fun and learn to hunt go play with your spouse or family practice driving for fun that simple just to note so I'm not hypocritical I don't know how to drive yet and I don't go hunting but I do hang with family
No they are absolutely not! loool

Shoot a real gun and tell me if it's the same as shooting one online. Tell me how you can feed your family by hunting with a gun online ;D

Tell me where you can travel on a horse online, and how you will be taking care of it, and reaping the good deeds of doing so.

There's nothing real about virtual reality!!
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:46 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
I should've added to wasting time that there's no benefit to them.

What words did I put in your mouth?

There is no best case scenario for any normal individual. Again all my opinion though.
You basically said that I'm justifing it and saying it's not a waste of time I never said that I said that it's a waste but Everyone wastes they're time in somthing and I mean everyone what makes your hobbie better than mine? A simple stereotype that makes everyone who uses a video game a slob that spends hours on hours I'll admit I used to be that kid but that's because I had no friends and was basically oppressed and my dad also locked me in the house and never let me leave so what else did you expect me to do but now a day as I grew up I don't really play that heavely because it can get boring or tiring easliy
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
No they are absolutely not! loool

Shoot a real gun and tell me if it's the same as shooting one online. Tell me how you can feed your family by hunting with a gun online ;D

Tell me where you can travel on a horse online, and how you will be taking care of it, and reaping the good deeds of doing so.

There's nothing real about virtual reality!!
Okay you I don't think you understood what I meant I'm sorry maybe I need to word things better I was explaining to you the Hadith and how it could apply in today's time instead of shooting a bow go learn how to go hunting instead of bourse back riding go learn to drive or practice maybe you just didn't
Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
My point is that everyone has there own hobbies and your just stereotyping people there's people that watch cartoons they'res people that have collections and in the end everybody has a hobbie and they are all useless and all humans waste time what makes your hobbies more useful then my hobbies and note that video games
I'm talking about games specifically. If we had a thread on other things, I'd talk about those too. But gaming is ONE of the things that is not beneficial, wastes time, and strips men away from masculinity.

Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
I'm sure is the only hobbie I have that you would consider unmanly and unproductive I'm noting this so it's easier for you to come to the realization that you don't need to be free of modern technology to have a social life and to have a normal life in general
I don't understand what you're saying here.
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:51 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
There's nothing real about virtual reality!!
See what I mean your just making stereo types you just think that every videogamer has no life and lives inside a cardboard box and hates light why don't you look at things with reality most little kids or unrespoible people play and abuse video games like that as I said it's like any other hobbie it just depends on if you have a abusive personality
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
I don't understand what you're saying here.
I was reminding you that not every gamer is the way that your stereotyping people I was reminding you that I might play a few hours in a day and maybe some days I may decide to go out and try to make dawah or maybe some days I go to the gym or maybe some days I go help my dad out with yard work or maybe some days I go pick up meds for my aunt from Safeway I'm reminding you that gaming is somthing that doesn't have to be abused and can just be used when you have free time and literally nothing to do on it
Reply

Bobbyflay23
06-12-2017, 10:57 AM
You know what just I'm gonna unsubscribe to this forum I'm getting to aggressive because of my own personal views and I've contributed too much in straying away from the topic bye guys if anyone wants to continue talking about this to me pm me or make a new forum and @ me
Reply

azc
06-12-2017, 11:20 AM
Originally Posted by cinnamonrolls1
yeah.. marvel comics and just regular novels,usually teen fiction
It's not bad to read comics and novels though
Reply

Simple_Person
06-12-2017, 11:26 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
loooooooool ;D ;D

Honestly, this generation of men are so much more feminine than last generations, and it's not just in their style or anything..it's the way they carry themselves, and it will continue til we can't tell the difference between a man and a woman :D

Alhemdulilah my father was a hard working man. He's worked hard all of his life. He came to the US with nothing in his pocket, a child to feed, (cute little me :D) a wife, and didn't know any of the language. Mashallah for as long as I can remember he has NEVER complained when he had all the right to complain. Now you have guys crying like little girls about how they can't get a job and how depressed they, how their parents don't understand them, or how they need drugs in their life to get through the day etc etc all while they have everything they could ever need to be successful. At any sign of difficulty or strife, they run away and escape into their little wonderland of games. And their ultimate excuse is "oh but it's better than doing worse things!" ....yeah ok.

But I am blessed to have seen the example of my parents and grandparents of what overcoming hardship really is. I know what I"m saying is going to hit a nerve with some people, but idc lol. This is just how I view guys these days.
i would recommend you to watch this documentary

All we ever wanted: http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1937090/

PM me, if you can't find it to watch.
Reply

MisterK
06-12-2017, 11:35 AM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
** Reported by al-Qarrab **

On the authority of Abu ad-Darda’, may Allah Almighty shower His favors on him,

who narrates from The Holy Prophet, peace and blessings from Allah Almighty be upon him, who said,

“All games are idle play but three things :
the riding of horses,
the casting of arrows,
and a man playing with his wife ;
And of these the most beloved to me is the casting of arrows.”
There is also another version of the Hadith that replaces wife with family
A lot of girls and women like video games too. So then, by this, it sounds like a husband and wife playing video games together is perfectly acceptable. Or with your kids, if you use the family version of the Hadith.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-12-2017, 11:41 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
No they are absolutely not! loool

Shoot a real gun and tell me if it's the same as shooting one online. Tell me how you can feed your family by hunting with a gun online ;D

Tell me where you can travel on a horse online, and how you will be taking care of it, and reaping the good deeds of doing so.

There's nothing real about virtual reality!!
I am not sure how you can disgrace us .. I have played "Red Dead Redemption" hours on end riding a horse. I know exactly what kind of buttons to push to get up on a horse and what kind of button to push to gain speed. I even have shot birds flying while riding on my horse.

Red dead redemption: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLVDHLyN-bI

I have played hours of counter strike 1.6 and i know what all those guns are called and how many bullets each gun contains. I know how to "bunnyhop" and how to press the mouse click to shoot and where to aim for a head shot.

That real world guns and shooting is child play. I have made multiple head shots with only one gun magazine of 7 bullets and made 6 head shots.

Counter strike bunny hop: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_PJ4tBZLH8

I know how to shoot arrows as i have played Legend of Zelda very often.

Legend of zelda shooting gallery: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yzbJssK12l4

Look at our physique and how manly we have become..

Reply

*charisma*
06-12-2017, 02:17 PM
Originally Posted by Bobbyflay23
See what I mean your just making stereo types you just think that every videogamer has no life and lives inside a cardboard box and hates light why don't you look at things with reality most little kids or unrespoible people play and abuse video games like that as I said it's like any other hobbie it just depends on if you have a abusive personality
I used to play video games as a child, so it's not like I'm foreign to the idea of video games. The thing is, I GREW UP, whereas others are still carrying this game playing into their adulthood. The only thing I'm saying is that video games overtime are emasculating men, that guys (or girls) who play them often are wasting their time and money, and usually lack basic life skills. Game playing is a childish thing. I don't care how you want to look at it. I understand that you're saying that you do other things with your time. I'm not talking about that. It has nothing to do with your other qualities. I'm saying that the fact that people still play games way long after they have grown up is not masculine to me at all. It looks like someone still drinking out of a baby bottle. Doesn't mean they don't do other things, doesn't mean they are bad people, it's just...childish. I personally don't see any benefit to it. You may see it as beneficial because it prevented you from doing worse things, I get that, and that's good, but it should be used as a transition, not a goal.
Reply

Ineed Umar
06-14-2017, 10:24 AM
I agree with a greed companies show, but still if I say there is an overpriced khajoor in a shop would you dare to steal it?
I have read your post and I can see your supporying the software you like but saying stealing it doesn't matter if it is overpriced is wrong, many people really depend on the profits these things make, Microsoft offive is made by dozens of programmers who need to get payed stealing the software is like stealing their income, even if we know companies are making like hundred percent profit on loss on that program they'll still pay the employees less. On ads I agree id rather pay then watch these, but still, you watvh telebision you have to tolerate the ads, even on magazines so why not software?

Though what you are doijg is not unethical bcoz you arw not makin any profit out of stolen stuff.


please don't mind me I'm just salty cause I'm innthe software engineering field.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-14-2017, 11:29 AM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
I agree with a greed companies show, but still if I say there is an overpriced khajoor in a shop would you dare to steal it?
I have read your post and I can see your supporying the software you like but saying stealing it doesn't matter if it is overpriced is wrong, many people really depend on the profits these things make, Microsoft offive is made by dozens of programmers who need to get payed stealing the software is like stealing their income, even if we know companies are making like hundred percent profit on loss on that program they'll still pay the employees less. On ads I agree id rather pay then watch these, but still, you watvh telebision you have to tolerate the ads, even on magazines so why not software?

Though what you are doijg is not unethical bcoz you arw not makin any profit out of stolen stuff.


please don't mind me I'm just salty cause I'm innthe software engineering field.
If you want to reply to people in the future, at least quote their comment or give @ <name>. I just read your comment and i knew it was directed to me.

You do not get it whatsoever even though you are in the software development field. You look at things as ..ooh "he wants it..but it is too expensive, so he "steals" it". Get your definitions and understanding correct first, then you can analyze it.

Let me give you some examples. At school we had TO HAVE Microsoft Windows + MS Office + MS SQL Server and down that path. I could not use just Linux with WINE + LibreOffice + some kind of open source software database.

The school has adapted themselves to use certain kind of software. I get that and i understand it. However WHY MUST i use M$ Windows? (Because for example MS SQL Server back then did not run on Linux). Or till this day still MS Office does not run on Linux even though trying to use it through WINE. I tried LibreOffice, but the open standards M$ tries to work as much as possible against it. So I MUST BUY MS Office + MUST BUY MS SQL Server + MUST BUY MS Windows.

I do not want to use those, but Microsoft is FORCING people and companies to use their software. Can you understand then how come people would rather pirate their stuff?

I am a VERY VERY HAPPY Linux user for already like 9 years. If you even gave me money to stop using Linux, i couldn't because everything that i wanted is possible on Linux. The system works for me instead of me working for it. I use Windows through virtual machine, because STILL in my personal life i am FORCED to use it. It is pirated, but i count it as the Windows that i have bought when i had to have it when i bought my laptop. So i consider it ..that i have bought it.

The virtual machine it self is Virtualbox (free), on my NAS i use phpvirtualbox for configuration. All the other apps are ALL free with the exception of 1. Balsamiq mockups, however the developers years back have stopped supporting it under Linux, so that is why i use the crack. In the last i believe 5 years that i have it, i have used it once. I have it now ..just in case, but i doubt i will be using it.

TSo for Photoshop, nobody is forcing me to use it, so i have GIMP on it just in case.

About apps on the phone (Android), i use first the illegal apps after some time when i really liked the app and tested it thoroughly, then i buy it. For example apps that i have bougt like (beautiful widgets, ipray, iquran pro). Many other apps i have pirated version of it until i have tested them to such a extend that i am confident and happy with it. I buy.

I believe Google has limited the "try"-phase of a app to 15 minutes. That is just WAYYY to short. Even buying something at the store with MANY products you can go and return it if it wasn't as you expected it.

Do not look at it from the perspective of a software developer, rather from a honest and logical human being. I am also in the IT-field, but i do not look at things like only..money..money..money. I look at honest way of doing business. When i am really happy with the product as well as the price i will pay for it. I still can remember when i bought my first NAS (Off-the-shelve) i was looking for a Media server. I found serveral Media servers back then. One was "Twonky Media Server". I almost paid for it because i could not find a pirated version. However just in days i found out about PS3 Media Server (open source & free). If i would have bought Twonky Media Server i would have wasted money on it and never gonna use it as it was not inferior to PS3 Media Server...it was even lower than inferior.

Broaden your horizon brother. When you and me die, we will not take money with us, we will take our deeds with us. That includes also doing business in a honest way.
Reply

AhmedGassama
06-14-2017, 11:34 AM
:facepalm:
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-14-2017, 01:08 PM
Originally Posted by Ineed Umar
I agree with a greed companies show, but still if I say there is an overpriced khajoor in a shop would you dare to steal it?
I have read your post and I can see your supporying the software you like but saying stealing it doesn't matter if it is overpriced is wrong, many people really depend on the profits these things make, Microsoft offive is made by dozens of programmers who need to get payed stealing the software is like stealing their income, even if we know companies are making like hundred percent profit on loss on that program they'll still pay the employees less. On ads I agree id rather pay then watch these, but still, you watvh telebision you have to tolerate the ads, even on magazines so why not software?

Though what you are doijg is not unethical bcoz you arw not makin any profit out of stolen stuff.


please don't mind me I'm just salty cause I'm innthe software engineering field.
first time i thought id see someone say salty on islamic board,lmao
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-14-2017, 01:09 PM
why is this such a big deal
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
06-14-2017, 01:11 PM
just dont spend too much time on it,everything in moderatiom
Reply

Zafran
06-14-2017, 11:46 PM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
I used to play video games as a child, so it's not like I'm foreign to the idea of video games. The thing is, I GREW UP, whereas others are still carrying this game playing into their adulthood. The only thing I'm saying is that video games overtime are emasculating men, that guys (or girls) who play them often are wasting their time and money, and usually lack basic life skills. Game playing is a childish thing. I don't care how you want to look at it. I understand that you're saying that you do other things with your time. I'm not talking about that. It has nothing to do with your other qualities. I'm saying that the fact that people still play games way long after they have grown up is not masculine to me at all. It looks like someone still drinking out of a baby bottle. Doesn't mean they don't do other things, doesn't mean they are bad people, it's just...childish. I personally don't see any benefit to it. You may see it as beneficial because it prevented you from doing worse things, I get that, and that's good, but it should be used as a transition, not a goal.

I disagree video games are no different from watching films/TV shows, Or reading books/poetry/fictional stuff . Its also no different from any hobby or aesthetic activity. Humans are not just rational, practical and moral beings - we are also aesthetic beings.

Video games entertainment is far better activity then a lot of other activities people get up to taking drugs, drinking alcohol, chasing women. Playing games was one way of staying away from such activities - especially if your parents were strict and didn't let you go out of the house too much because of the fear of being trapped in some crazy vice.

Lastly your view of masculine and feminine idea doesn't apply for a good book or movie - its the same with video games. A good entertainment piece is seen to be good regardless of gender.
Reply

keiv
06-15-2017, 09:11 AM
Originally Posted by *charisma*
I used to play video games as a child, so it's not like I'm foreign to the idea of video games. The thing is, I GREW UP, whereas others are still carrying this game playing into their adulthood. The only thing I'm saying is that video games overtime are emasculating men, that guys (or girls) who play them often are wasting their time and money, and usually lack basic life skills. Game playing is a childish thing. I don't care how you want to look at it. I understand that you're saying that you do other things with your time. I'm not talking about that. It has nothing to do with your other qualities. I'm saying that the fact that people still play games way long after they have grown up is not masculine to me at all. It looks like someone still drinking out of a baby bottle. Doesn't mean they don't do other things, doesn't mean they are bad people, it's just...childish. I personally don't see any benefit to it. You may see it as beneficial because it prevented you from doing worse things, I get that, and that's good, but it should be used as a transition, not a goal.
If you feel that gaming as an adult is childish, that's fine. But to be fair, you mention that they usually lack basic life skills yet state that you don't want to talk about their other qualities (which could include basic life skills). That seems to go against itself.

The argument about gamers lacking basic life skills is a pretty broad statement as well. I've worked in the skilled trade business pretty much my whole adult life and have come across people (men in particular) of many different backgrounds who can't even change the oil in their car or even know how to check the pressure in their tires. They even hire people to do something as basic as changing the air filter in their air conditioning system in their house.

Growing up (in the US), before the internet was what it is today, I always used to see people out and about in the neighborhood on their time off, mostly during the weekends doing yard work, fixing their cars, socializing with their neighbors and so on. I live in the same neighborhood and nowadays, it's a rare occurrence to see someone walking down the street. Obviously other places are different but that's my experience in the area I live and grew up in. I personally think there are other factors besides gaming which are influencing people to become the way they are these days. Even with all the "how to" videos at our disposal, I feel people today lack the ability to do basic hands on work where as back then, people with no experience were much quicker at picking skills up and being able to apply them on their own. It might be a pessimistic view on things but that's just how I see it.
Reply

Simple_Person
06-15-2017, 09:41 AM
"Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Take advantage of five before five: (1) your youth before your old age, (2) your health before your illness, (3) your riches before your poverty, (4) your free time before your work, and (5) your life before your death.”"

source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...-are-deprived/

1: You are young and not old, make use of it. Playing games surely doesn't give you the use of what Islam is talking about.

2: You are still healthy while you are playing games, make use of it, before you fall ill and regret not using it because you were playing games.

3: You are still rich as you pay for the console, games and monthly subscription. Make use of that money before Allah takes it away from you. Spend those pennies rather on sadaqa so that you may reap the benefits later on in life or in the next life.

4: You have time to spend on not only fun things, but also useful things. Do it wisely, because there might come a time that you regret not having done so because your lack of free time.

5: You are alive and playing games, spend your life wisely because tomorrow Allah could take our lives.

All these tips, do not only apply to you guys but also to me. However i am already convinced that i have to follow that path but it is not easy. While you guys try to defend that which is rather keeping you occupied with the useless.

The hadith is from Rasullah(saws) not from me. If you say well what a bogus hadith, well go fight your battle with Allah and His Rasul giving you this advice.
Reply

keiv
06-15-2017, 10:09 AM
Originally Posted by Simple_Person
"Ibn Abbas reported: The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said, “Take advantage of five before five: (1) your youth before your old age, (2) your health before your illness, (3) your riches before your poverty, (4) your free time before your work, and (5) your life before your death.”"

source used: http://dailyhadith.abuaminaelias.com...-are-deprived/

1: You are young and not old, make use of it. Playing games surely doesn't give you the use of what Islam is talking about.

2: You are still healthy while you are playing games, make use of it, before you fall ill and regret not using it because you were playing games.

3: You are still rich as you pay for the console, games and monthly subscription. Make use of that money before Allah takes it away from you. Spend those pennies rather on sadaqa so that you may reap the benefits later on in life or in the next life.

4: You have time to spend on not only fun things, but also useful things. Do it wisely, because there might come a time that you regret not having done so because your lack of free time.

5: You are alive and playing games, spend your life wisely because tomorrow Allah could take our lives.

All these tips, do not only apply to you guys but also to me. However i am already convinced that i have to follow that path but it is not easy. While you guys try to defend that which is rather keeping you occupied with the useless.

The hadith is from Rasullah(saws) not from me. If you say well what a bogus hadith, well go fight your battle with Allah and His Rasul giving you this advice.
I know this was a general post but, for me, I wasn't trying to defend it and stated that it was a waste of my time personally. I wanted to make a point regarding people's skill sets, or lack of it, based on a wider range of things vs basing it on gaming alone.

I agree with everything in your post though!
Reply

Simple_Person
06-15-2017, 11:25 AM
Originally Posted by keiv
I know this was a general post but, for me, I wasn't trying to defend it and stated that it was a waste of my time personally. I wanted to make a point regarding people's skill sets, or lack of it, based on a wider range of things vs basing it on gaming alone.

I agree with everything in your post though!
You know if we look at people and skills, there are two types one could derive to.

Rasullah(saws) according Aisha(ra), was a walking Qur'an. In other words perfection as a human being.

The two types are

Type 1: This person realizes that he will NEVER achieve the level Rasullah(saws) was at and has the mindset of why even try if i can't reach it?

Type 2: This person realizes that he will NEVER achive the level Rasullah(saws) was at but has the mindset of wanting to improve and do their best to reach as close as possible before Allah takes his soul.

What am i trying to say? Our skill sets no matter what we are talking about..good character, to memorization of the Qur'an to practicing Sunnah accordingly, to being perfect in your profession skill..can always be improved. I earlier to another brother replied that doing something fun, should also have some benefit in it. School these days is associated with stress, however one must ponder often to not associate knowledge with stress. Achieving certain skill set (learning language, to knowing how a car works to being able to make delicious pizza, could become something fun. However tend to follow like sheep and not really explore what we tend as UNIQUE individuals as fun. We narrow our mindset to playing games, watching movies/series. While so many other things we could do that could be fun and also being very beneficial. Still we do not do that. We have to ask ourselves, WHY? Why aren't we doing that? How come we tend to follow like sheep what the majority of people does? Can we proudly brand ourselves as stranger Rasullah(saws) talked about? Because in many habits that have no benefits in, we are not strangers, because we also are engaged in it.

So why is playing a game more fun than let's say baking a cake or learning how to paint a wall? We do not ask such questions, which is for sure we are the losers for not asking.
Reply

FinalNyc
08-04-2017, 10:55 AM
World of warcraft is still a very known game now.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
08-04-2017, 11:14 AM
at the end of the day, it's a lot better to have video games as a hobby than to have like drinking or something as something done for "fun".

Lastly as long as it doesnt distract from your deen its fine in my opinion and obviously if its not explicit or sexual or anything.
Reply

cinnamonrolls1
08-04-2017, 11:15 AM
i mean i read comic books,people probably think what kind of muslim girl reads superhero comics but its an interest of mines,and im very invested in reading and whatnot but i still dont forget my deen, i pray,read Quran,listen to lectures etc
Reply

Hey there! Looks like you're enjoying the discussion, but you're not signed up for an account.

When you create an account, you can participate in the discussions and share your thoughts. You also get notifications, here and via email, whenever new posts are made. And you can like posts and make new friends.
Sign Up

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-26-2014, 03:11 PM
  2. Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-13-2009, 11:51 AM
  3. Replies: 20
    Last Post: 07-25-2008, 06:53 PM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-28-2007, 10:52 PM

IslamicBoard

Experience a richer experience on our mobile app!